Lots of changes coming up!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well.........as you all know I am getting married next Summer

I'll be moving to Ottawa before the end of the year, and getting a new job, a new place...everything pretty much will be turned inside out and upside down

I just started my job search yesterday. I sent 4 resumes, and already got an email back today!
This is going to be easier than I thought!

Once I secure a position, I will be moving Trouty and I about 7 hours away...crazy!

I am excited but also nervous...all this coming from a girl who doesn't like change!

Anyway, I have been really busy planning the wedding, and trying to figure things out that I have not been around here all that much.

I miss you guys and wanted to let you know what is going on!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's great to hear
It sounds like everything is falling into place

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish you tons of luck with all of the new changes ahead!!! Just take it one thing at a time love!!!
I bet you're so excited about getting married!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so happy for you! I am sure Trouty and you will do just fine with all the changes.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
For someone who doesn't like changes, you really set a high bar for yourself. But I'm sure you and Trout will be very happy when you get back to Ottawa and the wedding will be beautiful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Great Nat
So, say if you get a really good job offer next month and they want you to start right away, will you leave??
Yeppers, and my boss is being completely supportive. At first he was pretty traumatized that I was leaving before the end of the year. Now he realizes that for me to get the position I want, I have to be looking now to make sure I don't miss something. I am very lucky as it makes the process easier not hiding it from my employer.

I honestly hope its alot sooner that I find something rather than later

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Find a great jon sooner vibes for you

Nat I am so happy how things are just falling into place for you and Trout. You will be there with your sweetie in no time

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YaY! you are so organized, I haven't even finished my CV nor started properly looking at jobs!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

YaY! you are so organized, I haven't even finished my CV nor started properly looking at jobs!
Organized or obsessed? Yeah, its how I operate...when changes come up I like to get them completed as soon as possible. I hate being in the middle of changes.
It kills me that I can't plan this wedding in one day so its done!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Yeppers, and my boss is being completely supportive. At first he was pretty traumatized that I was leaving before the end of the year. Now he realizes that for me to get the position I want, I have to be looking now to make sure I don't miss something. I am very lucky as it makes the process easier not hiding it from my employer.

I honestly hope its alot sooner that I find something rather than later
That's good to hear Nat, I was worried you would let your boss talk you into staying for too long
I hope and pray you find something soon

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck hon! Moving and planning a wedding at the same time is NOT easy (been there, done that) but it CAN be done with only minor nervous breakdowns! One thing I would definitely suggest is start shipping stuff now. Anything you don't need for day to day, but want to keep, pack it up and mail it the cheapest way possible. That way, you won't have such a headache when the move actually comes. Are you keeping all your furniture? If not, start putting adds in the paper to sell whatever you aren't keeping. Small things are great for yard sales or flea markets, but larger things you can get a better price on by advertising. The best thing is to get it down to the bare minimum for when you actually have to move.

I don't think you are going to have a hard time finding a job, and it's great that your current boss is supporting you!