Grace Wont Come Out

luvmyfurbabys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We adopted Grace 3 days ago and shes still not coming out from under the bed. We have to feed her under the bed or she wont eat and shes going on the floor even though the litter box is right there.

How long before we hit the panic button? I've introduced cats before and I know it takes time but this cat is scared to death.

Bridget on the other hand ( also adopted 3 days ago ) is all over the house , shes not comfortable with the other cat but shes eating and going in the litter box just fine.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would personally get under there and move her to the bathroom or something. But some cats are just scared like that. Be patient. Feed her at the same times, bring her a good treat, talk to her, play soft music, Feliway.

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Each cat is different like people, some are slower some are faster. Two of my cats from the same litter took a few weeks. Then the boy came out sooner then his sister. I would sit on the floor, to come down to their level, and bounce around a rubber spider on a string. Every day I'd do that, eventually they got curious and would come out for a while. Just give it some time, she'll be alright. Their life changed for the better, but it changed none the less. She's scared. Its an adjustment for all concerned. Good luck.

sweetkara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is she confined to one quiet room? Away from any existing pets?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmyfurbabys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SweetKara

Is she confined to one quiet room? Away from any existing pets?
yes she is

I cant put her in the bathroom the children with start a mob lol

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd give it time. Polly was under my bed for a while, about 5 or 6 days. I was afraid she was always going to be afraid of me or something, but now she's the most sociable, inquisitive, playful cat I've ever met. She doesn't even let me go in the bathroom alone and sits on the side of the tub when I'm taking a shower.

Just give her time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmyfurbabys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Holy Cat!! She came out! Ate a massive amount of food got a good drink and has been hanging with us all night!

YAAAAAAAAAAY

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmyfurbabys

Holy Cat!! She came out! Ate a massive amount of food got a good drink and has been hanging with us all night!

YAAAAAAAAAAY
Good for you!! I hope she continues to open up with lots of love and patience

sport

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmyfurbabys

YAAAAAAAAAAY
very cool !!!

saundby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wonderful news!

Our Zyelena hid for about two weeks, then still avoided me for months--she'd been abused before we got her. Hated men and went berzerk when she saw a beard. Glad you didn't have to go through that.

I got my love later. She would never cuddle or sit in laps until she was 3. When she finally did, it was only with me until she was 17, when she discovered other people have laps, too. Frustrating for my wife.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Isn't it amazing how that change happens all of a sudden, like they were sitting under the bed analyzing the whole situation before they make a move?