Grrrr, why do I have to be so cursed?

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been having the absolute worst week. Every single second of every day something different goes wrong. Something breaks, or an animal makes a mess and when I clean it up another one makes a mess. I was so excited and looking forward to this weekend. John's parents and grandpa had a funeral to go to in southern Kentucky, so that means John and I get the house to ourselves tonight and all day tomorrow. I have been so happy, I love having a quiet house.

But I just got a call. The car his parents drove, the transmission went out. So John's on his way home now, we have to unload 100 bales of hay that are on the trailer, and then John has to hook up the truck and trailer and drive south 3 hours to switch cars. He claims he'll be back tonight, I don't believe him when he says that.

I could go with him but my IBS is flaring up this week too and I won't be able to stop at every bathroom on the interstate. So that means I have to sit here alone possibly all night and completely ruins our whole weekend. I swear I am the most cursed person alive. It's so frustrating because it's not just one or two little things, it's EVERYTHING going wrong for me all week.

I just want to curl up in a hole and not come out.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really empathize...can you turn this around...think of a fun project that would be a surprise for John that you could do (if you feel well enough) while he's gone?

Is there a book you've been wanting to read, a new recipe you'd like to try (that won't set off your IBS), a garden project you can do OR research online and plan to do this weekend?

I hate it when life feels this way, but can sometimes, turn it around by just refusing to stay in the darn funk

Sending for you to feel better, and John to make it back home tonight

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, that sounds terrible!
These things come in spurts, hopefully next week will be better!

My week has been pretty screwy, too. In fact, my posts in the daily thread seem to be turning in to more daily vents!

Maybe it's just been a full moon all week!
(Just kidding, of course the moon can't be full all week, but if it could, it would have been this week!
)

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry it isn't working the way you hoped. I hate it when you are looking forward to something, And everything gets turned around.
That John will make it home tonight

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, he has decided he's staying overnight. He said it'll be safer and I know he's right but I hate being alone. I called my 15 year old niece to see if she wants to spend the night with me... she said she'll try to make it out this evening. So hopefully she'll be able to, it'll be nice to get to spend some time with her again.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

I have been having the absolute worst week. Every single second of every day something different goes wrong. Something breaks, or an animal makes a mess and when I clean it up another one makes a mess. I was so excited and looking forward to this weekend. John's parents and grandpa had a funeral to go to in southern Kentucky, so that means John and I get the house to ourselves tonight and all day tomorrow. I have been so happy, I love having a quiet house.

But I just got a call. The car his parents drove, the transmission went out. So John's on his way home now, we have to unload 100 bales of hay that are on the trailer, and then John has to hook up the truck and trailer and drive south 3 hours to switch cars. He claims he'll be back tonight, I don't believe him when he says that.

I could go with him but my IBS is flaring up this week too and I won't be able to stop at every bathroom on the interstate. So that means I have to sit here alone possibly all night and completely ruins our whole weekend. I swear I am the most cursed person alive. It's so frustrating because it's not just one or two little things, it's EVERYTHING going wrong for me all week.

I just want to curl up in a hole and not come out.
We all have those weeks, believe it or not. I know the feeling quite well, just when you think nothing else could possibly happen to you, it does. Then you start thinking crazy thoughts like why does God hate me so much, what have I done? I believe everybody here on TCS has had these thoughts. I sure have.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh sweetie, it'll be ok! We all go through those phases! The month of May was personally horrid for me to be honest!!! But thankfully things have turned around a bit and have gotten a lot better!
Things will improve for your soon!

I definitely understand the IBS issue (I know every place with a bathroom within a 5 mile radius of my home
) It can be pretty hard to handle sometimes, and stress definitely makes for flair ups! A few things that have helped me: 30 minutes of cardio 4x a week - sounds silly, but since i've gotten back in a regular work out routine, it's helped my stomach issues a little bit. I've also been taking Probiotics and i take Immodium AD every day (2 pills) when i wake up before my symptoms start (per recommendation of my GI doctor) and that's helped a bit! Trying to control your stress levels will help too- exercise is good because it can make you feel better and less stressed. I've also found making time for me- just to relax even if it's just a few minutes really helps too! Watch what you're eating too -sometimes when we get stressed we turn to comfort foods, and sometimes those aren't good in combination with IBS.

I hope this week gets better for your
Hang in there!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I survived the night
. I still haven't heard from him yet this morning, I guess he's not awake yet. I wish he'd call me though so I know what time they'll be heading back. It's still driving me crazy!