Tapeworms

scuns68

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just a quick questions. I need tapeworm meds for all of my 3 cats, can I pick this up like Frontline or does the vet or tech have to admit it?

roxanne

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by scuns68

Just a quick questions. I need tapeworm meds for all of my 3 cats, can I pick this up like Frontline or does the vet or tech have to admit it?
Isn't frontline for flea's?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scuns68

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes it is, but if they swollow one, and eggs are being layed in their tummy, they get tapeworms, so I heard, and one of my cats has them, so I want to treat them all.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would think the vet has to give out the dosage. You can call the vet and see if you can drop off a stool sample or would you need to bring them in for weighing and proper amount of meds.

scuns68

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's what I was thinking, that the Vet or Tech needs to administer. This will be a task, taking all 3, I guess I will have to call and double check, thanks.

scuns68

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, I have seen them on one of my cats, after he used the Litterbox, so I know he has them, maybe the others too.

fluffee

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Vet, we just finished one of ours up. Vet says fleas cause them, fleas being infected by them. The med is by the weight of the cat. So, please take them to the vet for this.

just my thoughts