Ack! My keys!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't find my keys this morning!

For about 45 mins I hunted for my keys and couldn't find them. They're usually on the key rack by the front door but they weren't

Then it dawned on me that Brandon used my car because it's cooler
last night to go out with a few buddies and he must have them

So he's on his way back to bring em to me

It's a good thing I don't have a set work schedule or I'd be late!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh hon, don't feel bad. I searched for 1/2 hour one morning, cursing the cats because I was sure they pushed them off the table and carried them to god knows where, when I looked out the window and saw exhaust coming from my car. THAT was when I remembered I actually went out to warm up my car and the keys were already in it!
I DO have a set work schedule and I WAS late, but everyone enjoyed the story so much I think I was forgiven!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Oh hon, don't feel bad. I searched for 1/2 hour one morning, cursing the cats because I was sure they pushed them off the table and carried them to god knows where, when I looked out the window and saw exhaust coming from my car. THAT was when I remembered I actually went out to warm up my car and the keys were already in it!
I DO have a set work schedule and I WAS late, but everyone enjoyed the story so much I think I was forgiven!
I've done that before too

One morning I walked around for 15 mins or so looking for mine and realized they were in my hand

I am not a morning person

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lost an entire set of keys a short time ago. I remember laying them down, but don't remember where. I will probably find them when I move.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I lost an entire set of keys a short time ago. I remember laying them down, but don't remember where. I will probably find them when I move.
I was going to have another set of keys made but with the special key and key FOB my car has it's $149.50 for them
and they have to come from the dealership

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad they weren't really lost! But listen, one of the smartest things I ever did was buy a big metal circle (about 4" diameter) from the macrame section at the craft store and attach my keyring to it. That allows me to just hang my keys over the inside doorknob as soon as I come in the house, and I've never lost 'em since!

It helps me find them inside my purse, too... and it's also nice to be able to slip them over my wrist like a bracelet when I'm just running into a store for a moment.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Glad they weren't really lost! But listen, one of the smartest things I ever did was buy a big metal circle (about 4" diameter) from the macrame section at the craft store and attach my keyring to it. That allows me to just hang my keys over the inside doorknob as soon as I come in the house, and I've never lost 'em since!

It helps me find them inside my purse, too... and it's also nice to be able to slip them over my wrist like a bracelet when I'm just running into a store for a moment.
That sounds like a good idea...may have to get something like that for my car keys

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I actually have a clip on mine... A big blue clip.. it's like a mountain climber's clip?
I usually clip them inside my purse or on my pocket but seeing Brandon was the last one who had them they ended up in his pocket

Of course so does everything else!
His pants must weigh 50lbs at times!!!!