How old is my kitten?

dn-wake

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys, based on this picture of my kitty which I found in my garage around 5/x/08, how old is she? Thanks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dn-wake

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Would it be safe to call it about 4 months? Because I want to spay it rather soon at the humane society which requires at least 4 months.

k.j.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Definitely spayable, probably around 5 months,

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say at least 4 months, but to know for sure I would have to see the teeth. Around 5 months they lose their kitten k-9's. Check to see if you can see are there 2 sets of k-9's or has she lost any teeth recently?

dn-wake

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She does indeed have 2 sets of fairly sharp canine-like teeth, however I am not sure if they are kitty canines. She has not lost any teeth lately.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks a bit oriental looking and probably older then you think. Based on show oriental kittens, I'd guess he/she is 4-5 months old.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dN-WaKE

She does indeed have 2 sets of fairly sharp canine-like teeth, however I am not sure if they are kitty canines. She has not lost any teeth lately.
Does it look like one set is pushing the other out? Kind of like when kids teeth come in. I'm very lucky I got to keep 2 of my Maggies baby teeth (otherwise known as milk teeth). The milk teeth are very small and very sharp, the adult teeth are a little bit bigger. If she is getting her big girl teeth she should be right around 5 months.

dn-wake

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also, do you guys know what breed she is? She is the daughter of a stray cat that wanders around my neighborhood. I live in Southern California.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mentioned she does look oriental in type with the slendar body and longer head, so I'm guessing an Oriental or Siamese type in the background. Since you don't know the parents, she would be a domestic shorthair.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I mentioned she does look oriental in type with the slendar body and longer head, so I'm guessing an Oriental or Siamese type in the background. Since you don't know the parents, she would be a domestic shorthair.

It is a very cool looking cat. It is interesting when you get to figure out a little about their background. I was lucky with Mary I got to know half of what she is. But with the rest. I have no idea. I know they have traits of certain breeds but as far as knowing 100 percent...it is impossible.