Has anybody noticed my wife is gone?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not for good, but to visit our daughter, (actually my step-daughter but she calls me Dad), in L.A. And so here I sit with nobody to talk to. I get like this about once a month because since October, when our son-in-law died defending our country*, she goes out to be with her as often as possible. And this weekend is one of those.

I could sit and watch the myriad television channels. I could indulge in my latest endeavor, that of reading the top 100 classic books before I go beyond, any number of things, but what I always end up doing is posting tens of posts on TCS, (after all, I need the points).

So, what I am wondering, do any of the wide and diversified people we have here do the same thing? Do they find theirselves in the position where they just need to express theirselves whether it be that their SO is temporarily (let's hope) out of the picture. Do you turn to TCS with an abnormal amount of posts during this time?

I really think this is one of those rhetorical questions, but I would like to hear a YES anyway!

*At least that is what I am told, and now you know why I stay away from IMO and will never go there for KatKwiz or any other reason.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm always on TCS whether my husband is here or not.
As for someone to talk to you always have Persi and Alley.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, top 100 classics! That would be fun! I looked up that list a while back, but when I moved to a place that has a library open for a total of 8 hours a week I sort of let it go.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do tend to go to TCS as well when I'm lonely or bored. (or maybe just not crazy busy, LOL)

So tell me about this top 100 classics thing...which list are you using?

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
guilty as well! I come on here when i'm just sitting at my computer with nothing terribly important to do and posting away

What books are you interested in? I work in a bookstore and I know reading sure passes the time and is fun

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't know that your son-in-law died, Lee. I'm very sorry to hear that.

I find myself posting a lot when I'm in the mood to talk, and my husband isn't home. I don't like chatting on the phone, so it's sort of natural to come here.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My relationship is long distance, so when Josh is available to chat, I am not online at all! I have to savour the moments we get.

When he is not around though, I spend more time online. Wedding websites are taking over lately though

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

And so here I sit with nobody to talk to.
Looking how´s dry the paint in the wall isn´t?

Don´t feel alone my friend...
TCS is here always for us...

So, what I am wondering, do any of the wide and diversified people we have here do the same thing? Do they find theirselves in the position where they just need to express theirselves whether it be that their SO is temporarily (let's hope) out of the picture. Do you turn to TCS with an abnormal amount of posts during this time?
I bet yes is the answer...

BTW have been tryed to meet the other people who for time zone just only are here during our nights?

I really think this is one of those rhetorical questions, but I would like to hear a YES anyway!
BUT for sure all we need those points...
...keep posting

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

...*At least that is what I am told, and now you know why I stay away from IMO and will never go there for KatKwiz or any other reason.
If I interpret this correctly, Lee, I'm in full agreement. But I believe a soldier's personal sacrifice is just as meaningful whether the mission is legitimate or not.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

So tell me about this top 100 classics thing...which list are you using?
There are many lists, most of them biased towards the country doing the list. Here is the one list that after much research I decided to use:

http://www.adherents.com/people/100_novel.html

I just finished reading Emma which was book number 67 for me so only 33 more to go or another way of looking at it, I am now 2/3 of the way through this list.

But no matter which list you use, I see one thing over and over again in common; and that is the ranking of the number one book of all time and that is: Don Quijote. And so far, I could not agree more.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First, I'm sorry to read about your son-in-law. I hope your daughter finds peace and I wish you and your family much love and many memories.

Second, yes, I do find myself turning to the computer to express myself. Not necessarily on TCS (although I have thought about it) but on my son's medical update site and at my childhood cancer support group. I'm not much of a TV person myself, so at night, when my hubby is hypnotized by the light of the tube, I grab my laptop and come on here. Sometimes hubby will try to talk to me (between commercials) and I wont hear him, and he will make a comment about needing to buy a computer himself and signing on just to talk to me.
I could make the same argument about him only his diversion is the television and I dont see myself becoming an actress anytime soon

Oh and lastly, I forgot to address the main subject. Sorry, but I didnt notice your DW was MIA. I thought she was home, busy grading papers and reading Purr More, Hiss Less
My oh my, however are you going to pick your KatKwery words without her?! Or perhaps she is voting by proxy...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

My oh my, however are you going to pick your KatKwery words without her?! Or perhaps she is voting by proxy...
There are still phones! And she has already picked the words for today in an attempt to foil your evil plans of winning six in a row!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

There are many lists, most of them biased towards the country doing the list. Here is the one list that after much research I decided to use:

http://www.adherents.com/people/100_novel.html

I just finished reading Emma which was book number 67 for me so only 33 more to go or another way of looking at it, I am now 2/3 of the way through this list.

But no matter which list you use, I see one thing over and over again in common; and that is the ranking of the number one book of all time and that is: Don Quijote. And so far, I could not agree more.
Interesting about Don Quixote. I tried many times to read it in high school and failed many times. Maybe I wasn't mature enough? (But at the time my favorite book was The Three Musketeers, so I wasn't reading Dr. Suess or anything...)