February (Make Up) Contest: All You Need Is Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're doing a new series of contests starring....YOUR KITTIES!

The theme for February is All You Need is Love. This would be kitties loving other cats (or other animal) but NOT in a mating way.
Snuggles, kitty kisses, grooming, etc.

Rules: Only one photo per member can be submitted, but you can change your mind and post a better picture throughout the submission period. You must own the rights to the photo (i.e. if you didn't take the picture, it's not yours), it must be clear, not photoshopped (although basic altering, such as cropping, brightness, etc. is allowed), and applies to the theme of the month. No cats can be harmed for the purposes of this contest! Mildly annoyed, yes, but not actually harmed (pretty much goes without saying). The winner will be chosen through a narrowing down process by the site team to the top 10 submissions, and then a popular vote via poll by the members will choose our top 3 winners!

Please be sure to tell us the name of the kitty(ies) in the photo, for award/future purposes. The photo size should be 480x640 (pixels) or larger so we can use it for print.

The prize will include, points, a custom signature and bragging rights for having the first, second and third place Ms. or Mr. February. The 1st place winner will also have a copy of the 2009 Cats of TheCatSite Calendar sent to them when it's finished. The calendar will include at least the top 3 place cats (possibly more depending on how close the votes are) from each monthly contest!

We also need to mention that winners may be asked to email full sized versions of the photograph to a moderator, and winning images will be used for future TCS projects made available for purchase to other members and the public (see above).

Deadline for submission is August 10, 2008.

All members, moderators, admin, and site owner are eligible for this contest.

lotso'cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here's Salt (the one on the left) and Ariel showing brotherly and sisterly love. Ariel even put her arm around Salt.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Bummer, my cats NEVER snuggle together
This is going to be a super cute contest but unless hell freezes over I probably won't have a submission.

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

This is going to be a super cute contest but unless hell freezes over I probably won't have a submission.
Thank the lord it isn't just me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just to clarify, the real purpose is showing kitties snuggling with something. We would prefer another animal, but a toy or stuffie would also be acceptable.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Bummer, my cats NEVER snuggle together
Originally Posted by twstychik

Originally Posted by lmunsie

Thank the lord it isn't just me!
Looks like several of us are in good company. The closest my two got in a pic, Ari was 3 foot away glaring at Topaz.

Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Those closest I have is Riley and Johnny Cash laying together, but they weren't exactly snuggling, lol.
Far closer than my two.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about 3 cuddled up babies? Oops, that was the full sized, here is the small copy (I do still have the larger version)

Jade, Rikki and Onyx

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's my entry... Squee cuddling with Scratch.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I have some super snuggly pictures of my kittens, but all in TERRIBLE quality photos. So, my official entry isn't quite as snuggly, but is much better quality!

My snuggly kitten pile, left to right: Calypso, Jack, Sao, Tortuga (Davy missed out 'cause he is cuddled up in my hair!
)

Status
Not open for further replies.