I love my new job!!!

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well as some of you know, I quit my previous job (College Pro Painters) over a month ago. After applying at a few places, I finally found a job that suits me. I now work for a distribution company by the name of Wallace & Carey Inc. All that weight lifting in high school has finally paid off. I'm getting paid $11.00 an hour to load/unload trucks with Gatorade and cigarettes. We ship mostly to 7-11s and other gas stations/convenience stores as well as Blockbuster Video and a few movie theaters. Because of my physique and my weight lifting experience, this is so far the best job I've ever had. It's not my dream job (which is to be a vet) but I still like it.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

Well as some of you know, I quit my previous job (College Pro Painters) over a month ago. After applying at a few places, I finally found a job that suits me. I now work for a distribution company by the name of Wallace & Carey Inc. All that weight lifting in high school has finally paid off. I'm getting paid $11.00 an hour to load/unload trucks with Gatorade and cigarettes. We ship mostly to 7-11s and other gas stations/convenience stores as well as Blockbuster Video and a few movie theaters. Because of my physique and my weight lifting experience, this is so far the best job I've ever had. It's not my dream job (which is to be a vet) but I still like it.
Good for you! I used to lift weights but never found a use for it, it never seemed to impress the gals.
You go ahead and take and enjoy that job and in your spare time perhaps you can go after what you want in life, to be a vet. I have to admire you!

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you! I'm pleased that you have settled really well in your new job

Just for the record, I have recently started my new job too, I began on 7th July (this year) so I have been there almost 3 weeks already...I love it!

Doesn't it make you feel really good when you find somewhere you like work? It sure is a confidence booster!

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been looking for 3 months,can't seem to get hired anywhere,of course if I did't live in a real small town with nothing but vacation homes,and people,even rich ones are not driving much.I wish I could find something.