Married Folks and Honeymoon

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just curious as to how much you remember of your honeymoon and how long married? Do you remember all of it, part of it, or none of it????

We've been married 6 yrs this past February and can recall every detail of our honeymoon in Maui

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been married for three years (a little over, anniversary is in April), and we eloped and did not get to go on a honeymoon.

Actually, we were both very ill the day after our wedding.

Sad memories. Maybe we can take a special trip for our anniversary someday.

goldilocks

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Been married 17 years. We eloped as well, but took a quick weekend honeymoon a month later. Can't remember much, except that at the B&B where we stayed, I'd mentioned to the man serving our dinner that we'd forgotten to pack our toothbrushes. Along with dessert, was a bag from the little market down the street with all kinds of toiletries. How nice!

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zorana_dragonky

I have been married for three years (a little over, anniversary is in April), and we eloped and did not get to go on a honeymoon.

Actually, we were both very ill the day after our wedding.

Sad memories. Maybe we can take a special trip for our anniversary someday.
Aw, that's sad! Definitely have to take a special trip just the two of you for some anniversary!

As for me, I should hope I remember my honeymoon! It was just last September.

We didn't elope, per se, but we did have a whirlwind wedding. We got enaged Mar '07 and planned a wedding for Aug '08 (so we shouldn't even be married yet!
). But then, to summarize, we decided to buy a house, then I wanted to be married before we bought a house together, so we upped the wedding a year! Planned it in two weeks!! And it was PERFECT. It was exactly the wedding I wanted.

So we planned our wedding for the day before we left for a family trip to Yellowstone. Hubby and I kind of stole that and called it our "honeymoon"! So I remember it very well. It was a blast, and we had a great time, but think about it: our honeymoon was spent back country back packing (so no showers for a week...), and with my parents and brother and sister in law, so hubby spent his entire honeymoon with all his in laws!
We both loved it, we're that type of people, it's just funny to think about.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We didn't have one either, though we already had the "zoo" together (cats and geckos) so it's not like we could really go far.

Maybe we'll take a nice trip in the future? After we find a suitable zoo keeper.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I remember ours, during which we went up to Montreal, camped in our van, etc. We had a great time, and spent very little money, really.

This was 35 years, 1 1/2 months ago.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was Sept 1985-we went 1st to Tortola in the British Virgin Islands-stayed at a place right on the beach and had to drive on the other side of the road. Then we took a float plane to St Johns and caught a ferry to St. Croix. I remember there was a hurricane expected and we met a couple and drove around the island with them. The place we stayed at there was a bit nicer than the one in Tortola!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I married 13 years ago this coming October.

We didn't really have a honeymoon - other than a few days at the house my mom owned at the time in Thousand Island Park. We had to move my packed up house and my cats from Central NY out to WA state...so most of our "honeymoon" was on the road..where thanks to my hairdresser apparently contagious without realizing it, I was out of it with the flu for a portion of the drive.

But I have many good memories of those days and the trip

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just got married back in March (so still newlyweds here). We went on a cruise for our honeymoon. It left out of New Orleans then went to Progresso and Cozumel and back to New Orleans. It was a nice trip!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've been married 7 yrs. No honeymoon. But we eloped in Vegas and that in itself was lots of fun. We had a nice suite in the Luxor hotel on the strip.

The most memorable moment? Having our Saturn t-boned by a 1981 Cadillac minutes after leaving the chapel.
We were ok, the other driver was ok, our Saturn repaired, but the Caddy was totaled.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I have been married 5 years and the honeymoon memories are quite fresh! We spent a week in a cabin (with all the amenities) in the Smokey mountains and it was beautiful!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Just curious as to how much you remember of your honeymoon and how long married? Do you remember all of it, part of it, or none of it????

We've been married 6 yrs this past February and can recall every detail of our honeymoon in Maui
We have been married 26 years and we honeymooned in Oahu and Maui. I remember all the details. Lahaina in Maui was really hot. Waikiki beaches are groomed every night. I had never seen such beautiful beaches. The beaches in NY and MA are great but not like these.

However, if anyone had told me that we were going to move from Boston to SF in the next year and a half, we would have vacationed in the Carribean!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've been married 28 years. Our honeymoon was one night in a hotel in a nearby town. I remember bits of it, but there wasn't that much to remember.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We've been married 10 years, and I remember our honeymoon. We went camping with 9 of our friends that came from overseas for the wedding.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As of May 12th of this year, we have been married for 18 years.....what do I remember?
We spent Saturday, Sunday and Monday in a Gulf Shores condo (the company hub worked for gave us the use of it for the weekend as a wedding gift, otherwise we wouldn't have been there),

Hub threatened to kill me that night, because every time I tried to go to sleep, I started giggling and couldn't stop..why? some friends of ours swiped his suitcase, they replaced his underwear with bikini panties, XL boxers and boys underoos......he had NO underwear!

His dad had a stomach virus the Friday before the wedding, his mom came down with it Saturday after the wedding....so guess what BOTH of us had Monday night before we left to come home on Tuesday? Yup......thank God the condo had two bathrooms!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We've been married 30+ years and didn't have a honeymoon. Our honeymoon has actually been going on for those 30+ years. We've had a few ups and downs as have most people, but we have a good family unit and all three of us (our daughter makes 3) have a similar sense of humour and enjoy each other.