Aggressive "hiss" face - so cute!

thinksincode

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When a cat hisses at another, as you all know she puts her ears back, shows her fangs, etc. While this is meant to be intimidating to other cats, I think it's hilarious and cute. Anyone else feel the same way?

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to say when tiny kittens do it, I can't help but laugh. I once had a 4-5 week old kitten hiss & spit right at me. I laughed & told her how big & scary she was. Then I continued to hold her & proceeded to give her a kiss on the head. I'll never forget how adorable that little hissing & spitting face was!

kkh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They try so hard to be like "I'm mean, tough, strong, and big, look at me!" Of course they are dead-serious when they do that but none are working, unfortunately. Especially if they are tiny kittens. Soooo adorable, though

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Depends on the situation! I have gotten some fairly serious cat bites, not so cute then! When they do it just for show, I have to laugh. SO scary! Cindy is a very small cat, her sister outweighs her by a good 3 pounds, she will hiss and try to look all tough when they get into a skirmish, laying on her back, front foot up in "The paw of death" mode hissing away. Its too funny!

sweetkara

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clpeters23

I just love when little kittens walk sideways trying to look big & tough. It cracks me up!
My kitten does this to my adult cat who is 3 times as big as him. She just looks at him like...um...am I supposed to be impressed by this??

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Cassie used to puff up her tail and hiss at my friend's Golden Retriever even though he was just trying to be friendly. She being an adult cat could really make herself look scary! Wukong on the other hand... tiny kitten hissing away, that's just ADORABLE
Love it when kittens flatten their ears and do the crab-walk around each other.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

I have to say when tiny kittens do it, I can't help but laugh. I once had a 4-5 week old kitten hiss & spit right at me. I laughed & told her how big & scary she was. Then I continued to hold her & proceeded to give her a kiss on the head. I'll never forget how adorable that little hissing & spitting face was!
Chloe and Blaze do that all the time... They crack me up when they think they're bigger then Jake, the dog.
Funny part is Jake's scared of them

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah! The 3M's do this to each other all the time. They get the tail all puffed up until it's 3 times normal size, arch their backs as high as they can, lay those ear so flat it looks like they don't have any, then walk sideways on tippy toe, just daring one another to fight! It cracks me up! It's especially hilarious when they complete this sequence with a foot high vertical jump from all fours!
I call them my little "Kung Fu Kitties" whenever they fight like this!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clpeters23

I just love when little kittens walk sideways trying to look big & tough. It cracks me up!

I'm seeing plenty of that, now that the kittens are a little over 3 months old, and they think they're so tough!

~KK~