Humane Society Takes 117 Cats From Filthy House

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmyfurbabys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This story made me sick.... are there laws to stop hoarders?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is probably the reason that Omaha was banning the number of cats you could own. There are several good people who have show cats in the Omaha area and because of this, they will be forced to limit their cats!

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
that sickens and saddens me those poor animals
she shouldn't be allowed to have any animals and police should have to check her house from time to time for animals...

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mer636

that sickens and saddens me those poor animals
she shouldn't be allowed to have any animals and police should have to check her house from time to time for animals...
Yes. I agree. While most of us on this site would love to help as many cats as we could we are well aware of our own personal limitations.

BTW she didn't seem to be mentally sound in the clip.

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I see stuff like this all the time on those animal pricinct shows on animal planet.. I really feel bad for the cats, living in such filth & disease. It is very, very sad. but in most cases, as is in this one, the person is mentally ill. what upsets me the most is the fact that when you have so many, you cant really socialize all of them & you wind up with a house full of ferals. & when the humane society or SPCA steps in to take the cats, many of them are dying from disease or are just so feral that alot of them get put to sleep since they wont be adoptable..

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It happens all the time, even when there are laws in place to stop hoarders. We have a limit on animals allowed in a home here, and the SPCA can investigate if they get a call that an animal is in distress. However, unless they receive that call there is little they can do.