Are you like me?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They were talking at work yesterday and they say that 1 in every 20 people you meet is very much like you but you just don't know it....that if given the chance, they could become a very good friend.....hummmmm, I find those odds odd..........let's try it.

Are you anything like me??

I'll be 45 on August 5, married once before meeting my current sweetheart Jerry, no children, youngest of 5 children, do clerical work, love to travel, work in my yard and am absolutely nuts about animals....don't drink to speak of, never done drugs of any kind, don't smoke............

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'll be 17 on January 13th. I'm not married, am an only child, am nuts about animals, I don't smoke/do drugs/drink

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmmmmmmm, 26, also work in an office...don't really drink alot, no drugs or smoking...love animals..hopefully will be married once next year
Middle of 3 siblings......parents divorced...

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What about personality traits? Happy? Outgoing? Reserved? Sense of Humor? Positive or negative outlook on life?

Oh, I am 49 (just turned) never married, no children, long term boyfriend, youngest of five, professional freelance writer/editor, love animals, babies, children; devoted to my family, primary caretaker of my elderly mom, love to cook, eat out, read, hang with friends, generally upbeat and positive person, drink socially every once in a great while... NO DRUGS!!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm 21, engaged but we have lived together for 2 years so basically married, no human children, I have two much older half sisters (43 & 38) and I've never met the oldest, I also have a younger sister, I'm very shy until I get to know you, love animals, love kids, love to write and play guitar, don't drink (I did once but didn't get drunk), never done drugs (And never will!), don't smoke.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

They were talking at work yesterday and they say that 1 in every 20 people you meet is very much like you but you just don't know it....that if given the chance, they could become a very good friend.....hummmmm, I find those odds odd..........let's try it.

Are you anything like me??

I'll be 45 on August 5, married once before meeting my current sweetheart Jerry, no children, youngest of 5 children, do clerical work, love to travel, work in my yard and am absolutely nuts about animals....don't drink to speak of, never done drugs of any kind, don't smoke............
Your birthday is the day before mine.

I will be 22 on August 6. I am engaged to the man I have been with for over 6 years and will be married next July. I don't have any kids, I am the oldest of 2 children (have a younger sister). I am a supervisor. I love animals. I rarely ever drink (only special occasions) Never done drugs or smoked.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm 27, been married for almost two years, no children yet. I smoke but don't drink or do drugs. I love nature, animals and reading. I'm high strung but not easily motivated. I'm also an only child.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gee, nobody like me so far. Unemployed massage therapist, body piercer, tattoo shop gypsy for 20 years, drink occasionally, used to do drugs, now clean. Once widowed, once divorced, now in a great relationship, happily unmarried for 23 years. I am about to make a big move again, halfway across the country to Texas. I love motorcycles, big biker parties. I went on a 2 year road trip on my Sportster after my first husband died. I took bartending jobs for road money. I ended up in New Orleans for 9 months, where I worked in a tattoo shop cleaning up until I went home to Augusta,GA. I will be 50 in a few months, and I believe I will have fun until I die or just cannot throw my leg over the bike any more.
I was an EMT until I burnt out on it, picked up the remains of one too many teenage drunks. Delivered babies in the ambulance so Medicaid would pay for it. I just got to be too much for me.
I have 2 brothers, one sister, a daughter and granddaughter. My oldest brother and both parents are deceased. I was the youngest of 4 kids.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauracatlover

Well, I'll be 17 on January 13th. I'm not married, am an only child, am nuts about animals, I don't smoke/do drugs/drink
Wow! That is my birthday, too! I am older than you. I have been married 26 years, have 2 children, girl/boy 21/13. I have one brother who is 9 years older than me and I am the youngest of all my first cousins (the oldest is old enough to be my mother). I never smoked because my father died of cancer of the larynx when I was young. Like to drink, never did drugs.
I designed, coded, tested, implemented, documented and supported large financial systems until I worked for that start-up that went public.
I have an MBA. I love to dance
and cook. I love animals, of course, and I love to travel.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow krazy kat, so far there isn't anyone very like you. But you sound like you would be really fun to meet.
My dad is a motorcycle man, and I love a good chrome finish.

I am 25, married 3 years, no children, two cats. I have one brother (23) and one sister (13), so I am the oldest. I am overweight and undermotivated, love food and computers. I am a web designer for a small company but do not make very much, so I am also in college so that I can get more education for a better job (as a designer at a bigger company or maybe something different). I love reading, particularly fantasy and science fiction. I love playing games - video games, board games, card games, and roleplaying games, and I met my husband at a roleplaying game convention! I used to draw all the time but I haven't in years.

I love chocolates and pasta, dark colors and good wines. I do not smoke and have never done drugs. I do not drink to get drunk, but often enjoy a glass of wine or a nice homemade cocktail at home with my husband. I hate chores and am plagued by headaches.

Wonder if there is anyone like me.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm 21, married 5½ months now to an amazing man! I have an older half sister (41), and younger brother (18). I've had cats my entire life. I work in an environmental chemistry laboratory doing mercury stuff. I attended a few semesters of college, then stopped when we began the home building process/planning our wedding. We'll both probably go back after the house is finished and we've figured out a budget, although I'm not sure I'm even working towards the right degree anymore! I love my lab job and don't plan on leaving any time soon, but my degree is for automotive technology. I've worked on cars for 11-12 years now. Neither the hubby or I want kids - kitties are perfect.

I love love love Italian food, cats, road trips, and spending time with the DH. Got 5 tattoos and 14 piercings at the moment, with plans for more. Sometimes wish I could move to another state, just to feel what it'd be like to start over again somewhere with the husband, away from everything and everyone. (Probably stemming from living with the in-laws for too long!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, no one exactly like me, but some similarities!!

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zorana_dragonky

I love reading, particularly fantasy and science fiction. I love playing games - video games, board games, card games, and roleplaying games, and I met my husband at a roleplaying game convention!
Me too!!! If you were closer, you'd have to come over for our "game day".

As for me, I'm 27, married 8 1/2 months. No biological skin-kids yet, but plenty of fur kids! And a "surrogate", a neighbor boy that may as well have been mine, who is only 10 years younger than me. I love kids and animals. Would die for anyone (human or otherwise) I love! Planning on having a skin kid soon. Have one (not much) younger brother. Work in property management with a degree in Japanese... Go figure!! Zero drugs, die just being around some one who smokes... Don't like alcohol at all, but will sip to be social...

Favorite past times are volunterring- mainly search and rescue and the theater- reading, playing games, and hiking with the pups. Like a neat house but am really a slob at heart!
Am a homebody, but LOVE to travel. Am shy, but open up quickly in small groups. Have a rather unique sense of humor, mostly silly with a slight mean streak... Am annoyingly blunt, open and honest. Try to always see the bright side and keep a positive outlook!

I see a lot of similarities between a lot of people here. I really think your stats are pretty close- a lot of people are a lot more alike than we realize. And besides, I think most people can become very good friends in the right situations, even if we're not that much a like!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think they mean more personality trait-wise.

Usually people like water, seek their own level. Basically that means that we tend to associate with people who have similar qualities, beliefs and values to ourselves.

We are influenced by the support, or lack thereof, of the company we keep.

For example, that explains gangs, and group bullying. People who have a pention for that type of behaviour tend to hang with others who also enjoy that kind of activity.

If we find someone who we aspire to be like, it can also raise us to their level, which explains social climbers. But it can also explain Alcoholic's Annoymous, Churches and Big Brother/Sister pairings.

I found this link some time ago and I found it interesting to read, because much of it makes perfect sense, even if you aren't religious.

http://www.surrenderworks.com/commun...alcompany.html

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, nobody like me, either

I'm 25, an only child of married parents, and I grew up in the country. I'm a lesbian and have been with my partner for close to two years; we're engaged. No kids, but we have our boys - two now! - Lt. K-Pants (11mo.) and the newest addition, trapped on Tuesday evening, Sergeant Carl F. Squirrel, who's roughly 10 weeks old and turning out to be quite the loverboy.

I have a B.A. in history, and I have worked with the developmentally disabled population for seven years. Currently, I'm a service coordinator working with dev. disabled adults in upstate NY.

I'm a positive, optimistic, idealistic person. I have a strong sarcastic streak and a dry sense of humor. I'm leftist with my politics and extremely opinionated. Generally, I'm laid back and go with the flow. Never been too "girly" and I don't get my nails done and have never seen an episode of Desperate Housewives

I have a tendency towards clutter (I work hard to curb it), and I'm a dreamy, writer-type who's been published. Always considered making it my career, but have yet to have a real go at it.

I like to laugh, go to the gym, read, write, travel, have lots of adventures, go for walks, and care for my animals. I'm soft-hearted but realistic, and I admit to having a potty mouth and being a little socially awkward.

I'm pretty easy to get along with, though, and I tell it like it is.

Anyone out there sound like me?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll be honest, I don't think I would WANT to be friends with someone like me. We would spend the whole time asking each other "what do you want to do?" "I don't care, what do you want to do?" (Hey, I'm a Libra...decisions aren't my strong point!)

Any, I'll join the fun. I'll be 39 on Oct 16th. I've been married for almost 3 years. I was an only child, and adopted at that so I was extra protected (and spoiled). I still have a LOT of growing up to do.

I have a BS in English and haven't done a thing with it. I'm currently working in a call center dealing with stupid people everyday that get paid 10 times as much as I get paid. Basically, I hate my job but the pay is decent, so I can't really complain too much. I would eventually like to find the time to get back into writing but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

No human kids (and that's fine with me) but 6 kitties and 4 dogs. We would love to eventually open up a small no kill shelter since we now have 5 acres (3 of which still need to be cleared).

I can be outgoing, or introverted, depending on the situation and people involved. I normally come across as stuck up I think but I'm not one to make the first move for small chat when it's someone I don't know.

Ok, I just felt like I wrote a personal add to find a new sweetie (except for the married part!
) Seems I'm long winded tonight.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be 22 on the 7th of Sept, will be a married woman on the 7th of Nov, Have two beautiful fur children that I am taking with me to Australia. Moving across the world for the 5th time to start new! I've been teaching ESL English for the past two years, I absolutely sucked at the beginning, now i am so sad to leave this job! As much as I don't like to admit it, I love to Travel!

Our next trip is to Amsterdam, I have to admit we are all looking forward to these coffee shops to see what all the fuss is about!

I am an only child, my parents are deaf, I drink when I'm out with friends.
I am pretty social, all of my friends are in their late 20's beginning 30's, I am afraid of people of my own age, I have a feeling they will harm me! But not just that we have a different maturity level
, I don't like to talk about Money sometimes i wish it didn't exist
I also like to try out new Recipe's Yesterday i made some biscuits and FH loved them he says they taste like the Arnotts Pizza Shapes.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I think they mean more personality trait-wise.

Usually people like water, seek their own level. Basically that means that we tend to associate with people who have similar qualities, beliefs and values to ourselves.

We are influenced by the support, or lack thereof, of the company we keep.
Probably correct in that.

As far as personality traits, as a previous thread I did about that shown - I'm a INTJ. And it shows as I focus on details and often can't let them go, which unfortunately really bothers people. It makes me unpopular, as does the fact that I don't really fit in. I'm one of the few people who don't give in to peer pressure or feel the need to fit in - so it makes me hard to be friends with as I often just can't sum up the energy to care about things or at least not the things that are important to other people. Buying purses? Shoes? Soap... Consumerism, oh boy!

Sure there are other people similar to me, most INTJs or those who share very similar interest, and luckily my husband.
That said, I can be friends with most people as long as they don't cross the things that really bother me - being selfish, cruel, disrespectful, childish, stupid, and similar personality faults.

And I'm glad to see that there's plenty of people so far who've posted that don't smoke and rarely/never drink.