Are there kittens around or is Butzie just mad about being inside:

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took Butzie to the vet Monday am to get a checkup and her shots. I was not about to let her out. She threw up 2x, so I know that it was better to keep her in and observe her. Tues. am, like Mon. night, Butzie just kept meowing for me to let her out and kept sitting on my face. I told her that I would let her out at the usual time Tues. am and I did.

She did not come home until today in the late afternoon. Since then she has been meowing all the time to get out (finally, she is now sleeping.) Is this because she was mad at me for the vet/shots or do you think that there are kittens in the area? I have an acre lot which goes downhill and has lots of places to hide. The bottom most part of ours adjoins our neighbors who own the lot below to a major commute road.
Is she just mad at me and had a taste of freedom or do you think I should be looking in my vertical lot for kittens?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Butzie hasn't stopped meowing and even when I have let her out she has never been like this. Help!

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is Butzie spayed? If she isn't then I think thats the problem, if she's in heat she'll want to be out. Especially if she's smelling a male.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by aswient

Is Butzie spayed? If she isn't then I think thats the problem, if she's in heat she'll want to be out. Especially if she's smelling a male.
She was already spayed when we got her at the shelter, but thanks.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She probably is just making sure you don't "forget" to let her out.

Remember that cats live for their routine. Going to the vet must have really thrown her off. I wouldn't worry about kittens being around...although it wouldn't hurt to check??