You always figure it won't affect you!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I took a load down to Corpus Christi yesterday. I was a little worried about the storm, but it was all clear and dry.

However, tomorrow morning I'm supposed to take a load out to Corpus Christi and McAllen. I have to call in at 8 a.m. to see if the stores will be able to open.

Now I need a T shirt: Hello, Dolly! July, 2008.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hurricanes are scary as heck. I live in Eastern NC and have been through several, including what supposed to be a category 2 and whipped into a category 5 when it was too late to evacuate. I had to go pick up a friend off the side of the road during a category 3 because I was the only one her cell phone could still get through to.
I don't envy you a bit. I pray for all those affected that it will calm down before it makes landfall. Take care if you have to go down there.

starjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've lived in California all my life and can't imagine the threat of a hurricane!! It must be really scary for all of you... You are in my prayers!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, well, at least the ground doesn't move around here!

I sat in a parking lot (in a truck) in Houston through Alicia. Not a pleasant experience.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Yeah, well, at least the ground doesn't move around here!

I sat in a parking lot (in a truck) in Houston through Alicia. Not a pleasant experience.
Oh how scary!! I'm in CA, too, and I think I prefer earthquakes. At least they come without warning, so you don't have to sit in fear for a week... And then they're over quickly! And besides, some of the video I've seen of hurricanes, it looks so violent the ground may as well be moving!

How is it looking today? I'm far too busy on TCS to go read the news!

That all is well for you!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Living in Florida, a hurricane is almost a daily fear!

I've been through several including Charlie a few years back. We had to stay in a school they sat up as a shelter.

You could literally feel the building "breathing"... It was extremely scary

emeraldsongbird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'll be praying for you... we have several friends in Texas that went through it, it's just crazy how badly the weather has been.

When I was in Jamaica in 2003, I think it was, a hurricane was coming straight at us... we put our luggage in the bathroom and went to the hallways, I remember the hotel people put the chairs into the pools. Then, literally last minute, it turned around and went the other way! I'm so thankful, God was really looking out for us.

I don't know, though, what I'd prefer. I've been through tornadoes several times, went through small earthquakes... they're all super scary!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I took a load down to Corpus Christi yesterday. I was a little worried about the storm, but it was all clear and dry.

However, tomorrow morning I'm supposed to take a load out to Corpus Christi and McAllen. I have to call in at 8 a.m. to see if the stores will be able to open.

Now I need a T shirt: Hello, Dolly! July, 2008.
I love it! A "Hello Dolly" T shirt. Does it come with music?

Did you get a lot of rain?

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am in Upstate SC. The last hurricane I remember affecting me was Hugo in 1989. That was kinda the most devastating one I remember until recently. We were actually living in mid-SC at the time and we were terrified because it was a big one.

My friend lives in Houston so I extra hope the hurricane simmers down a little. Those things are not to be messed with.