Cute things your cat does

orangey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When my cat wants my attention, he will put his paw up on my arm and meow. I'll be sitting at the computer and I will feel this human-like tap on me and there he is! What cute things do your cats do?

cgeiser

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat Nola is a Manx so she has these really long hind legs. If you dangle a string or something across the room. She will come running, and jump at least three feet in the air to catch it. I really need to get in on video sometime.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

orangey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Youtube.com baby!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'll be holding Carly and reading TCS. She will reach over with her paw and move my nose so I'm looking at her, then do a head butt.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I'm watching TV Hennessy comes sneaking up and then flops down on my feet on his back... Then I try and steal belly tickles and he tries to grab my hand.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I'll be holding Carly and reading TCS. She will reach over with her paw and move my nose so I'm looking at her, then do a head butt.
Wow now that is cute!

Here's a question. I'm not really familiar with the 'head butt'. but maybe that's what this is.

When tinker comes to cuddle

This is where she sits once she 'settles' in:

She first kind of mosies around my chest. I put my arm up so she doesn't slip off, and she walks, but her head is RIGHT at mine, then she'll tuck her head down, and press it against my forehead for about 3 seconds.

Is that head butting?

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

She first kind of mosies around my chest. I put my arm up so she doesn't slip off, and she walks, but her head is RIGHT at mine, then she'll tuck her head down, and press it against my forehead for about 3 seconds.

Is that head butting?
Sure sounds like it to me! Basically, from my understanding, it's when they rub their head on you, period. It's a form of affection and marking, and it feels good to them. Evie head butts any part of me she can find!

If I'm wrong, then by all means, please, somebody else correct me, too!

And that picture is SO CUTE!!!

But you're asking for any cute things my cat does? That list will never end!
My baby's a doll and I adore just about everything she does.
Nah, I'm not biased at all!

Some of my favorites: She will just decide it's time for loving and not take no for an answer. If I'm standing, she tries to climb up on me. If I'm sitting, she just moves right in on my lap. If my laptop is there, she just squishes in until I take the hint and move it. When I'm petting her, she likes to grab my hand / arm and snuggle in, head butting and rubbing it, sometimes with little love nibbles. She will bring me "gifts", her toys, just to snuggle up with me. She tells me all about her day all the time! She is there to greet me when I come home with her little "mows". She loves to roll on to her back (we call it her belly flirts) for some good tummy rubs...

Ok, I think that's enough!
Can you tell I've been converted to a cat person??

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With temptations treats, Mattie will stand up on her back legs and use both paws to bring the treat down to her. I think it's really cute
She also loves to lay on her back with her stomach all open. Also, if you pet her and she really likes it she'll tilt her head back to let you know.

Chloe is always licking your face. It's how she says hello.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Abby is not "an in your face kitty", she's very subtle
When she wants attention from me, which is often, she will sit or lay beside me while I rub her head, neck and tummy. If I stop she puts her paw lightly on my leg or arm and looks at me, which is enough to get me scritching again!

Chynna has a few endearing things that she does. The most endearing is when I'm in bed. She lives for when I go to bed. In fact as soon as she sees me go that direction she's racing me to the bed and is often the first one in it. She likes it when I lay on my back with my right arm bent upward with my hand on the pillow next to me (basically the "stick up" position). She will get on the pillow and lay down with her upper body/chest on my hand and one of her front legs over my wrist and the other over my palm. She will hook the toes of the paw over my palm around my thumb and knead. Sometimes she reaches out with the other front leg and touches my face with her paw (toes spread for maximum coverage) and tries to turn my face towards her, and sometimes she will curl her leg so that both front legs are on my palm while I massage her paws with my thumb.

She gets as close to me as she can. In fact her face is a mear 2 inches from mine which affords her the opportunity to stare at me or give me nose kisses. I fall asleep to this and it's also how I wake up.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BTW: Your cat is so beautiful.
I got my first cat when he was about 4 weeks old and it creates such an interesting bond when you become "mom" to these little ones. I miss it! (he has passed on)

But my 3 current kitties are such a hoot!

ReeRee has a disability that makes him walk like a newborn deer...he runs like Bambi..it's the cutest! He has such long legs too that he can really hop up high when he is "prancing". I also like it when he yells at me to pick him up. His mouth opens wide and stays open as he meows a very loud long meow.
He only does it when he wants to be held. He also crawls under the covers of the bed and meows to himself.

Fiona "spits" when she is warning the other cats to stay away. instead of hissing....it is really strange. She doesn't actually have any spit come out of her mouth but it makes that noise. She is this little ladylike petite thing and will make this obnoxious sound and face....it is so funny. She also loves to talk to us all day long.

Rocko is super cute. He never meows, I've only heard him once. But he puts his paw on you to get your attention. Very gently and looks at you with his big round eyes. It kills me every time! He is always laying in weird places on the floor with his belly all exposed...he is as big as a small dog so it is funny to see his legs all over the place and his fuzzy belly.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

Is that head butting?
Yep. That's head butting. Some cats are more subtle about it while others are rather aggressive in doing it.

Sometimes Abby likes to be held vertically against my chest with her head under my chin. I will bend my head and give her kisses on the top of her nose and eyes and she will bump her face up towards me. She particularly likes to have her head under my chin while I rub her neck and ears. She does lots of purring and head butting then.

mezlo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ashley does two things I find really cute. First when she gets up from a nap and stretches, she will lay on her side and stretch both her front and hind legs at the same time, really exposing her belly and tummy.

Second, when she wants affection she'll jump in my lap. If I don't respond sufficiently she will stand up against my chest and rub her face on my chin. If I still don't respond appropriately, she will then either nip at my nose or cover one of my eyes with her paw (without clawing thankfully!).

As for Missy, in the morning as soon as I turn the shower off she will come running and sit right outside the shower door and meow. When I step out she will then pace in front of me until I dry my legs so she can rub against them a time or two before walking off. She used to rub against them before I dried but I guess she got tired of getting wet.

Also, when I'm playing with the laser pointer, when it's on carpet Missy will usually sit and watch, occasionally pouncing on it or swiping at it as it goes by. However, if I move to an area with a smooth floor Missy will start slipping and sliding nonstop trying to get it. I have a suspicion it's the slipping and sliding that Missy really likes and that she just uses the pointer as an excuse.

Mez

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boys all have different ways of getting my attention. Radar's method is not so cute, he grabs my feet and tries to 'kill' them
Jacob is nicknamed 'rolly boy' because he flops onto the floor and rolls around on my feet. Sonic doesn't ask for attention in a subtle way, he just climbs onto me any way he can and smacks his head into my face - he's a prolific headbutter and has nearly broken my nose on occasion! He also licks my arm to get my attention if I am at the computer.

purrrplej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Simba does the "tap with the front paw" thing with my Mom, to try to get her out of bed in the morning. Murray is a little rougher with me in the morning - he'll grab at my feet with his claws out.

The cutest thing Murray does is probably the way he jumps up on the arm of the sofa when I'm sitting sideways on it, with the back of my head facing the arm, and he kneads the back of my neck with his paws. As long as he doesn't get too rough with me, it feels quite nice. Simba used to do that to me, too.