Broken into, AGAIN!!!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My boyfriend's house was broken into, yet again! But this time, HE WAS HOME WHEN IT HAPPENED!!!!!!!

For those of you who don't know, he is visually impaired. Last night around 9 pm, he was listening to the baseball game when he heard a commotion downstairs. He went down to find a burglar there. The guy had cut the screen on a window in the sunroom and climbed in...

He and Doug wrestled!!!!
Doug tried to shove him out the door and sprained a finger in the process. The only thing the guy got was Doug's cell phone.

Boy, I wish I had one of these:
JK!!

I am sooo relieved that Doug wasn't hurt, but that is the last straw. So, temporarily, he is going to move in with me at my mom's till we figure things out.

We were supposed to go away this weekend, but we might have to do it another time... and work on packing up and moving some of his important things - like his computer and stereo. Some are just too heavy for us to do it so we will have to recruit friends.

Sigh... this stinks....

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! How scary!
I'm sure glad that your b/f wasn't seriously hurt!

Sounds to me as if the intruder may know that your b/f is visually impaired..
It's probably a good thing he's moving in with you!

~KK~

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

OMG! How scary!
I'm sure glad that your b/f wasn't seriously hurt!

Sounds to me as if the intruder may know that your b/f is visually impaired..
It's probably a good thing he's moving in with you!

~KK~
I was thinking. That is frightening. I am so glad he is alright

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Extremeley glad nobody was hurt, but also extremely sorry it happened

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. We are both shaken by this. The police think the guy had a partner and that they were likely casing the neighborhood. Doug sticks out like a sore thumb....

After the last break in, I told him to get a pit bull or something like that.
But he didn't want a dog... We have friends a few blocks away with two big dogs that have a doggie door from the back yard into the house... their house has never been bothered... but our friend's work van has been broken into in their driveway.

My big fear is that these guys are fear-LESS... and would hurt him or rob him on the street. I mean, it was still light out AND the next door neighbors were home!