New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wanted to buy - Ocicat

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
I am going to make it easy for anybody wanting to sell an Ocicat!
I am actually advertising to BUY one!!
Anyway, DW's birthday is August 28 and I want to present her with an Ocicat kitten of proper age. I live close to the D/FW airport and also close to Love Field and extremely close to the Addison airport if you fly your own jet around! PM me, please.
post #2 of 12
Ooooh what a nice gift!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 12
None of them are in your area, but it might be a good place to start looking -
http://www.meowhoo.com/Breeders_and_...cat/index.html
post #4 of 12
Send me a pm on who you have contacted yet, if any, and I'll get you info on breeders. There are not too many in the states to pick from, but a few I would not buy cats from - so let me know what you want me to find for you. Most kittens will run about $600 for pets plus any shipping.

My breeder I'm getting Jack from is in W. Virginia and she does have 3 kittens still available that will be ready to go in August. Let me know if you are willing to contact her.


P.S. - Anne - I know a lot more then those 4 listed
post #5 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45 View Post
Send me a pm on who you have contacted yet, if any, and I'll get you info on breeders. There are not too many in the states to pick from, but a few I would not buy cats from - so let me know what you want me to find for you. Most kittens will run about $600 for pets plus any shipping.

My breeder I'm getting Jack from is in W. Virginia and she does have 3 kittens still available that will be ready to go in August. Let me know if you are willing to contact her.


P.S. - Anne - I know a lot more then those 4 listed
I paid $800 for a pet quality Exotic plus shots and nuetering and gas for a 900 mile round trip. The mere mention of $600 has me excited and worth every bit of the two years I have spent here on The Cat Site. Let me know. Let me know, please! OMG, you have made my day!
post #6 of 12
Lee, I just pm'd you with the info about the oci's. Let me know if it works out. Only thing I can think of is delay cause of the temps in both places. W.Virginia is ok, but not sure how hot it will be in Texas for shipping - you are in one of the hottest months. Hope things work out.
post #7 of 12
I'm currently in the process of having a boy shipped out to me from the southwest, he should be here Saturday Ship by Continental Airlines if you can; the cat will go through Houston where they have a facility that houses animal cargo so that they are not out in the heat. If you're located near Houston, even easier!
post #8 of 12
Congrats! You will love your baby Ocicat so much, I know I do. Only thing is...wish I had listened to everybody telling me to get two kittens together because they want to play ALL day. Holly kinda drives Kitty crazy at least once day so we have play and tire Holly out a couple times a day for sure.

Holly is from and L.A. breeder, and I know of a couple breeders that have kittens there if you're interested
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowers View Post
wish I had listened to everybody telling me to get two kittens together because they want to play ALL day
I knew it. Will you get another?

Mine range from 12-18 months and show no signs of slowing down yet, they are just as crazy as when they were little kittens.
post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne View Post
None of them are in your area, but it might be a good place to start looking -
http://www.meowhoo.com/Breeders_and_...cat/index.html
Thanks, Anne! Guess what? The first number has been disconnected.
The second number is no longer in service. The third number is a fax machine and the fourth number is temporarily out of service. GoldenKitty45 has supplied me a breeder's name that she deals with which I am trying to get ahold of because they will have kittens ready the same exact time I want one and because I trust our members more than just using the dart board approach. I have enough AA miles that I could fly out to the east coast and turn around and fly back with the kitty under the seat in front of me if they don't want to ship. You probably are aware that the D/FW get together, which the kats are calling KatKlik (cat clique) is being held at my house and Mike (Mrblanche) is coming and has an Ocicat. My evil plan is to have him showing pictures of his Ocicat and DW salavitating because whe wants one so very badly, and having my sister in law sneak in and place the kitten on her lap at that moment. This is going to be the coolest thing I have ever done if I can pull it off.
post #11 of 12
I hope you get your Kitten.
post #12 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowers View Post
Congrats! You will love your baby Ocicat so much, I know I do. Only thing is...wish I had listened to everybody telling me to get two kittens together because they want to play ALL day. Holly kinda drives Kitty crazy at least once day so we have play and tire Holly out a couple times a day for sure.

Holly is from and L.A. breeder, and I know of a couple breeders that have kittens there if you're interested
I am extremely interested. My daughter lives in L.A. and could check the details for me. So, I have to buy two, huh? I'm not made of money you know (my mother's favorite expression along with money doesn't grow on trees). My Persian cat does not exactly fit the description of being a laid back cat and races me up and down the stairs in our townhome. I am in an elevator, he is on the stairs, and he always wins the race.

A breeder in L.A. would be so perfect because my daughter will be here for DW's birthday in case they happen to have any kittens available.

What the hell? If you decide to go to three cats I guess you might as well go for 4. Can't keep getting by with one litterbox forever.

I will be PM'ing you tomorrow. God, isn't TCS wonderful!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Showing and Ethical Breeding