Anyone up for some dream interpretation?

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a freaky one last night that really stuck with me, and has all day. Most of my dreams don't. I had one of a similar vein many years ago and a friend from back east interpreted it for me and was really good at it... unfortunately, I don't have her email anymore... and it's been YEARS. So, I need someone to work this one. I typed it up in a stream-of-consciousness writing this morning when i got up. It's still sticking with me tonight... I've been in a bit of a funk all day. I have an idea of what it might mean, but I want to see if someone else can see it. So, here's my writing from this morning. I edited it afterward, only for spelling.

I was walking the streets of Bolivia when a short native man asked if I wanted to see the only vintage steam locomotive engine remaining in existence. I said yes., and he took me to a ragged old storefront that was boarded up. he said it was an old gaming house. he flipped some breaker switches, unlocked the door and beckoned me inside. i head a voice telling me to stay on the floor joist, as the rest of the floor was unstable. i could see the rest of the floorboards, under the dusty old persian style rugs, were bowing. i could distinctly see the joists, as the edges were distinct between the sagging boards and the joists. I had to zig zag as the joists were not in an absolute straight line from the front door to the back.
as I got closer, I heard and felt a deep, heavy thrum. i opened the door and saw a massive locomotive engine, running in place, full boar. I saw someone's mercedes behind it, gleaming white in the day's sun. I said it was impressive, and turned around.
i headed back to the front door, hearing the engine power down behind me. I faltered on my balance a moment, halfway back. from behind me, i felt someone hold me hands out to me side, to help me regain my balance. a voice whispered 'hold steady' and this person helped me make it all the way back to the front door. I opened the door and saw the short native man standing next to the breaker box. I turned to see who had helped me walk, but there was no one there. I stepped outside, and the street had changed. I was now in an American city. not sure which.

So, any takers? You can PM me with any interpretations... or post them here...

Amanda

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not good with interpreting dreams. But was Sarahp in your dream? If she was you are coming into some money! I dreamed about her and the next day I was almost $300 richer!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I'm not good with interpreting dreams. But was Sarahp in your dream? If she was you are coming into some money! I dreamed about her and the next day I was almost $300 richer!
Nope... unless that was her dressed as a short native Bolivian man... complete with mustache... he did speak clear English, so who knows...

I've been thinking about it all day... trying to sort out what it all means... it comes back to the steam engine locomotive... and there are many things it could mean in my life right now.

I want to see if anyone has some more serious interpretations... as much as I needed a smile today...

although my kitty therapy at the shelter today did take my mind off of it for a few hours... I had a sweet little Tortie wiggling in my arms for a while...

Amanda

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I would have a few questions....What made you certain it was Bolivia? What distinctive colors and visuals did you see that drew this conclusion? What was distinctively welcoming about the native who invited you into an unknown place?

My first thoughts are....... Bolivia is somewhere you have been and had a positive experience or have work related or personal cultural/artistic studies and/or interest in.
You may be experiencing a traumatic, personal, emotional situation that has caused some trust issues and feelings of despair.
Associating a familiar and/or positive cultural surrounding also with a guide creates a positive/inviting path of the unknown,uncertain ahead of you. The unstable floor and constant zigzag turns are the adjustments/changes you are making to adjust. The white Mercedes represents new decisions and the reassurance of them, basically believing in yourself. The exit and voice of encouragement to trust your path is the same and possibly one who is helping guide you.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

Well, I would have a few questions....What made you certain it was Bolivia? What distinctive colors and visuals did you see that drew this conclusion? What was distinctively welcoming about the native who invited you into an unknown place?

My first thoughts are....... Bolivia is somewhere you have been and had a positive experience or have work related or personal cultural/artistic studies and/or interest in.
I think, now that the images are fuzzy, I KNOW it was Bolivia, but I think it was because of signs, or being welcomed to Bolivia... I've never been there... I've never been south of Ensenada, Mexico. I'd like to travel someday, but it's not a huge thing, no urgency for me.

You may be experiencing a traumatic, personal, emotional situation that has caused some trust issues and feelings of despair.
Ummm... yeah... plenty there... I have several things going on, and I'm trying to make a tough decision right now... but I was thinking since posting this it may be about another creative thing I've lapsed on (thinking of the locomotive running in place)

Associating a familiar and/or positive cultural surrounding also with a guide creates a positive/inviting path of the unknown,uncertain ahead of you. The unstable floor and constant zigzag turns are the adjustments/changes you are making to adjust. The white Mercedes represents new decisions and the reassurance of them, basically believing in yourself. The exit and voice of encouragement to trust your path is the same and possibly one who is helping guide you.
I don't want to give too many more details about what's going on at this point... but yeah... it makes sense... that's kinda what was coming to me...

I'm still not sure of why Bolivia... I remember a dusty, dirty road... and the breaker box was outside, facing the front door, hidden from the street behind some lattice fencing.

Maybe I'll have to look at info on Bolivia to see why that was involved.

Thanks,
Amanda

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I love dreams like that, but they drive me crazy!

Ok, my very amature interrpretation..... First, you life is shaky right now, hence trying to find your way through the floor without falling. You have done that successfully, and saw what you wanted to see and more. You had help coming back, which points to someone is supporting you but you don't know who, or they have always supported you and you just take them for granted.

The breaker box being hidden from sight from the road. Something is hidden in you and wants to come out. Probably linked to the engine running but sitting still (like you said) and the Mercedes which could mean success (in any way, shape or form).

The Boliva thing, sometimes the brain pulls up weird things (imagine that!) and it could just have pulled that out of the grab bag and just means that you need to travel within yourself and find out what is hidden.

The short native man, he could just be another part of you showing you where the key is to open this part of you.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Amanda, you shouldn´t to take a shoot of Tequila before to get the bed!..
is not recomendable....

..JUST KIDDING my friend...

Seriously,...
Interesting facts that you tell us about your dream......have you been watching action movies lately? or read some Action books?,...
maybe for this way could be the explanation....

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

Amanda, you shouldn´t to take a shoot of Tequila before to get the bed!..
is not recomendable....

..JUST KIDDING my friend...

Seriously,...
Interesting facts that you tell us about your dream......have you been watching action movies lately? or read some Action books?,...
maybe for this way could be the explanation....
HA! Funny, Rigel... no Tequila in this house... rum, yes, no tequila...

I've been doing lots of watching British Shows... I love them... this one, ehhh... it's okay. But nothing about South America or anything like that.

Amanda

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amanda, a totally different interpretation.

You are going to meet a man (train
) who will sweep you off your feet. The relationship gets serious very quickly (the train), but you go through some shaky times (the floor), you want to break it off, (breaker box), but love prevails and you marry and he showers you with riches (the Benz). You honeymoon in Bolivia and the little guy is a guide you hire.

BTW, are you married? This dream could be a problem, then.

And, no, Rigel. I haven't been hitting the Tequila.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Amanda, a totally different interpretation.

You are going to meet a man (train
) who will sweep you off your feet. The relationship gets serious very quickly (the train), but you go through some shaky times (the floor), you want to break it off, (breaker box), but love prevails and you marry and he showers you with riches (the Benz). You honeymoon in Bolivia and the little guy is a guide you hire.

BTW, are you married? This dream could be a problem, then.

And, no, Rigel. I haven't been hitting the Tequila.
OMG!....How you do you know!...

that was a good one!...

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RSM, I read your post right before bed last night and I ended up having a dream about trains.