Preparing For Hurricane Dolly!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's highly unlikely that we'll get the brunt of the storm, but the possibility does exist that we'll get a lot of rain, and possibly strong winds. Either way, I'm getting prepared.
I gave my s/o a list of things to get "just in case", after he gets done with work today -- including, of course, lots of water and cat food. I went throught Hurricane Rita in '05 which caused plenty of damage in this area (even though it wasn't supposed to), and I'd rather be safe than sorry...

Is anyone else getting prepared, too??

~KK~

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

It's highly unlikely that we'll get the brunt of the storm, but the possibility does exist that we'll get a lot of rain, and possibly strong winds. Either way, I'm getting prepared.
I gave my s/o a list of things to get "just in case", after he gets done with work today -- including, of course, lots of water and cat food. I went throught Hurricane Rita in '05 which caused plenty of damage in this area (even though it wasn't supposed to), and I'd rather be safe than sorry...

Is anyone else getting prepared, too??

~KK~
You just reminded me to update my earthquake supplies.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have some of my hurricane kit together, I just have to stock up on a few things. I was fortunate to be able to gather enough sales points on my last job to get a free generator, so we are in better shape than usual. The more prepared I am, the less likely we are to get hit by one. I have plenty of candles, batteries and flashlights, a couple of oil lamps and some canned food already. All my important papers are in a lock box, and all the carriers are available at a moments notice.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I´m so sorry about this rushes my friend....

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
for you my friend....
please look for a safe place to stay....

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it still classified as a grade/class 1??? If you are well prepared for this-good luck.
I think I still would rather have a good snowstorm than a hurricane!!

wildflower79

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I live in Brownsville, directly in the path of Dolly, but I'm honestly not too concerned right now. Fortunately I don't have to worry about my house flooding like so many others around this area have to. I was watching the news earlier and they showed the line of cars all waiting to get sand bags, most of whom had been waiting for over two hours. I think losing electricity is probably my biggest concern, especially if it's for long periods of time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

The more prepared I am, the less likely we are to get hit by one.
Isn't that the truth!
I figure if we prepare for it, we'll be okay!

Originally Posted by GailC

Is it still classified as a grade/class 1??? If you are well prepared for this-good luck.
It was upgraded to a category one this afternoon..

I think I still would rather have a good snowstorm than a hurricane!!
Being from Wisconsin myself, I agree!
I totally dislike cold weather, but if the power goes out, as it did with Hurricane Rita, at least you can bundle up and stay warm. There isn't much you can do about being hot & miserable, as we all were when we had no power in over a hundred degree weather. It was awful..

Hopefully that won't happen this time..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Wildflower79

Well I live in Brownsville, directly in the path of Dolly, but I'm honestly not too concerned right now. Fortunately I don't have to worry about my house flooding like so many others around this area have to. I was watching the news earlier and they showed the line of cars all waiting to get sand bags, most of whom had been waiting for over two hours. I think losing electricity is probably my biggest concern, especially if it's for long periods of time.
Bless your heart!
I know what you mean about having no power: it's horrible!
I hope you'll be okay!

~KK~