***'Spotlight member of the week - CATKIKI***

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This week's Spotlight is on Catkiki, meowmy to Dusty and Rusty

Congratulations, and welcome to the spotlight. Enjoy your week, and do have fun

So, just to get things started;

1. What is your favorite landscape? I always just loved staring at Yucca Valley.

2. Where are some of the places on your "Someday Vacation" list?

3. What is your favorite "just kick back and chill" activity?

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Have you been to Australia, and if so, where?

2. Do you dye your hair? Yes or no, what color is it?

3. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?

4. Do you like your first name or would you change it ant to what?

5. Do you like the mountains or the beach better?

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! Congratulations!

Guess I can't ask you what I asked last time- if you've ever been to California!

So:

1. How long have you lived in CA?

2. Would you ever want to live anywhere else?

3. Have you ever been to Japan? Would you want to?

4. Have you had kitties besides Dusty and Rusty?

And a totally random question: When you take a shower, do you face the nozzle or away from it??

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi!....
Congratulations & Welcome at this wonderful week....we try to be not deeply sneaking in your life!
SO,...Today the topic would be the Mexican Stuffs…
AJUA!!!.........Here we go...

1.- ¿Do you to know México?
…as a country or as a city?
2.- ¿Wich part exactly?
are you came by business or by vacations?
3.- Have you ever hearded about Mérida Yucatán México???? Is the place where I´m live!
As you can see in yucatán is Chichen Itza one of the New 7 wonders of the world!

Here´s the link my friend….http://www.yucatantoday.com/index.php
4.- Can you speak spanish?
5.- Do you have some CD of Spanish music? do you like it?

6.- Have you ever to watched a Mexican Movie? ( I mean with Spanish Dialogs?)
7.-Do you like the Mexican Food?
( do you have any preference for example: burritos, Tacos, rice & beans, etc?)
8.-Do you like the Tequila?
...or else Mexican Alcoholic beverage?
9.- Have you ever to sleeped in a hammock?
10.- Have you ever to saw the traditional mexican clothes?

11.- Do you to know Cancun Mexico? ( Is a beach)
( here´s the link my friend: )
http://cancun.gob.mx/guiaturistica2/

Enought for today, ....see you tomorrow my friend...

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am excited to be featured this week!!! And now on with the answers

Skippymjp

1. What is your favorite landscape? I always just loved staring at Yucca Valley.
I have always loved the beach. Something about the waves breaking on the shore has just a calming effect.

2. Where are some of the places on your "Someday Vacation" list?
Hawaii of course but not the touristy places, maybe a beach on Maui. I would also love to visit Europe. Holland for the Anne Frank Museum, Italy for the food and Australia for the coral reefs and unusual animals

3. What is your favorite "just kick back and chill" activity?
I love to curl up with a good book.

Butzie

1. Have you been to Australia, and if so, where?
I have never been to Australia but would love to visit.
2. Do you dye your hair? Yes or no, what color is it?
I don't have my hair dyed right now but if I do, I usually will dye is a reddish brown
3. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Anything chocolate. I love Death by Chocolate which has chocolate ice cream, chocolate covered nuts, chocolate chunks and ribbons of chocolate sauce
4. Do you like your first name or would you change it ant to what?
I guess my name is ok but very unusual. No one can pronounce it and I keep getting called Rita or Anita. I always loved the name Amanda.

5. Do you like the mountains or the beach better?
Both. I love the fresh air in the mountains and the beach.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BelongsToEvie

1. How long have you lived in CA?
I have lived here all my life, in the same city. Pretty boring.. lol

2. Would you ever want to live anywhere else?
I would love to live in Oregon. I don't think it is as hot as it is here!

3. Have you ever been to Japan? Would you want to?
I have never been out of the country except to Tiajuana. I would like to visit there someday just to see the game shows!

4. Have you had kitties besides Dusty and Rusty?
I have always had kitties. A couple of years after DH and I got married, I found a feral kitten. I tamed her and made her an indoor kitty. She lived with us for almost 20 years before I had to help her over the bridge. Due to circumstances beyond our control, we had to rehome our other kitties. We didn't know if we were going to be homeless after we lost our house. Once we knew we could afford to have kitties, we adopted my girls. They are with us for life now.

And a totally random question: When you take a shower, do you face the nozzle or away from it??
Depends. I have a hand held shower massage. So I like both ways.

CoolCat

1.- ¿Do you to know MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico?…as a country or as a city?
I know Mexico as a country and as a city.

2.- ¿Wich part exactly? are you came by business or by vacations?
I went to Tiajuana once as part of a mission for my church. We drove down and gave food to the people in one of the small, poor villages. They people were so nice and appreciative.

B]3.- Have you ever hearded about MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]rida Yucatán MÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]xico???? Is the place where I´m live! As you can see in yucatán is Chichen Itza one of the New 7 wonders of the world![/b]
I have heard of the Yucatan but have never been there.

4.- Can you speak spanish?
I don't speak any Spanish except for a few phrases. I love listening to it though.

5.- Do you have some CD of Spanish music? do you like it?
I don't have any Spanish music. I do like some of it.

6.- Have you ever to watched a Mexican Movie? ( I mean with Spanish Dialogs?)
No, I haven't but I went to a church when I was in Tiajuana. Didn't understand a word but it was nice.

7.-Do you like the Mexican Food?( do you have any preference for example: burritos, Tacos, rice & beans, etc?)
I love Mexican food! I make a mean Salsa! I made it a couple of years ago for the first time for a contest at work and won 1st prize! I love Tacos, guacamoli and beans with lots of cheese!

8.-Do you like the Tequila?...or else Mexican Alcoholic beverage?
Oh Tequila!! I occasionally do shots of Tequila with lime and salt. I don't do it very often because I don't like the hangover it causes!!

9.- Have you ever to sleeped in a hammock?
No, I haven't had that pleasure.

10.- Have you ever to saw the traditional mexican clothes?
Yes I have. The city I live in in California has a large community of people from Mexico. I love the flowing skirts. They look so comfortable.

11.- Do you to know Cancun Mexico?
I have heard of Cancun and would like to visit there but not where the tourists are.

Trouts Mom

What would you do if you could do anything you wanted?

Wow, that is a hard one. I would like to travel. See the world. I would like to work with animals, specifically cats. There is so much I want to do but I can't think of anything else right now.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is your favorite color cat?
What kind of weather do you like best?
Have you ever been to Modesto California?
Have you ever been in a earthquake?
What is your favorite food?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello,
thank you
for your answer at my questions from yesterday let me see for the questions of today:

The Topic of today would be Music

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Music?

2.- How many Cd´s do you have?

3.- Wich one is your favourite singer Male?

4.- Wich one is your favourite singer Female?
5.- Have you ever to listened at http://www.rippingtons.com/ ?????

6.- Do you have a CD collection? ( I mean for example all Cd´s from a determinate artist???

7.- Have you ever to participated in some Concert of your favourite artist?

8.- Do you have any preference to listen a Radio FM station???

Have you ever to listened this one??...,…. http://www.1.fm/Stations/SmoothJazz/Listen.aspx?pidx=0 )
9.- In your own opinion wich one is better, a CD original from an artist or an MP3 collage of music without nothing of information?...

10.- Do you play some Musical instrument?

Thank you my friend in advance for your nicely answers, I beg you love the music like I!...

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mews2much

What is your favorite color cat?
I like all colors but at present, I like tabbies. Specifically my patched tabby and my orange tabby!

What kind of weather do you like best?
I like spring or fall... Not too hot nor too cold.

Have you ever been to Modesto California?
I have been through there but never stopped

Have you ever been in a earthquake?
Who hasn't if you live in California, but never a really big one. I felt the Northridge quake but that was it. I have felt a lot of little ones

What is your favorite food?
Depends on my mood, but I like simple country food... potatoes, cream gravy, chicken...

CoolCat

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Music?
Country mostly but some jazz and classical

2.- How many Cd´s do you have?
Maybe about 15-20

3.- Wich one is your favourite singer Male?
Garth Brooks and Chuck Wicks

4.- Wich one is your favourite singer Female?
Shania Twain and Carrie Underwood

5.- Have you ever to listened at http://www.rippingtons.com/ ?????
No, I will have to check it out.

6.- Do you have a CD collection? ( I mean for example all Cd´s from a determinate artist???
No
7.- Have you ever to participated in some Concert of your favourite artist?
I have been to concerts but not participated

8.- Do you have any preference to listen a Radio FM station???
KUZZ, a local country music station
Have you ever to listened this one??...,…. http://www.1.fm/Stations/SmoothJazz/Listen.aspx?pidx=0 )
No

9.- In your own opinion wich one is better, a CD original from an artist or an MP3 collage of music without nothing of information?...
I would guess CDs since I don't have any MP3

10.- Do you play some Musical instrument?…
No

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, you say you speak a few phrases of Spanish... Do you speak any other languages, either fluently or just a few phrases? Any language you don't know that you'd like to?

Do you have any interest that you're not following but would really like to? For example, I'd love to learn Latin, but just am not, for what ever reason!
(Hence all the language questions
)

What was your main (did the most, best, longest, however you would define it!) childhood activity? Soccer, piano lessons, video games? What was your favorite?

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have never asked questions in this before, but I always read them. I assume it is ok for anyone to ask?

How do you normally dress, on an average day?

What is your favorite piece of clothing?

Do you like cocktails? Which one is your favorite, if you do?

Do you have any siblings, and how many?

Have you ever been to Indiana?

Since you said you like country, do you like Johnny Cash? Or just "newer" music like Garth Brooks and Carrie Underwood?

Thanks! Enjoy being in the spotlight!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BelongsToEvie

So, you say you speak a few phrases of Spanish... Do you speak any other languages, either fluently or just a few phrases? Any language you don't know that you'd like to?
I really don't speak any languages besides English. The Spanish phrases are just a couple to get by at work. Live "Uno momento" when I have to transfer to a Spanish speaking rep. The other words are like thank you, good morning, good evening and a few words that are not nice words for a lady or anyone for that matter to be saying. I would like to learn French though.

Do you have any interest that you're not following but would really like to? For example, I'd love to learn Latin, but just am not, for what ever reason! (Hence all the language questions )
Hmmmm... I would like to write. I have a few story ideas knocking around in my head but I haven't acted on them.

What was your main (did the most, best, longest, however you would define it!) childhood activity? Soccer, piano lessons, video games? What was your favorite?
I was active in Girl Scouts until just before my senior year. I was able to visit a lot of places because of that. Scouting is great for girls from poor families! In the summers, I lived at the park pool. Twenty cents and I could swim all day. In high school I was in the drama club. I never was one of the cool, popular girls, so I never got the good parts.

zorana_dragonky

How do you normally dress, on an average day?
Normally I dress dressy casual during the week for work. Nice slacks and blouses. When I get home, I put on my shorts and tank tops.

What is your favorite piece of clothing?
One of my favorites cannot be worn outside. It is one of my Victoria's Secret Baby Doll Pajamas. Nothing racey, just comfy

Do you like cocktails? Which one is your favorite, if you do?
I am not much of a drinker, but I do like Pina Colatas and Rum and Coke. Unless I am in the mood for tequila shots.. lol
Do you have any siblings, and how many?
I have 2 older brothers.. I am the only girl and the baby of the family... lol

Have you ever been to Indiana?
Nope, but would like visit there someday.

Since you said you like country, do you like Johnny Cash? Or just "newer" music like Garth Brooks and Carrie Underwood?
I like some of Johnny Cash but mostly the newer music. Growing up in Bakersfield, I was exposed to a lot of country music since my mom loved it. If you don't know, Bakersfield is considered "Nashville West" in some circles. Buck Owens opened his Crystal Palace Nightclub here. This is where Garth proposed to Trisha Yearwood. We have some great stars come though here.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi
how is your day today?...I hope fine!....
let see for today
…The topic of today going to be Movies!

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Movies?
2.- Do you collect DVD´s or VHS??,….How many do you have?

3.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Male?
4.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Female?
5.- Have you ever to participated in some Special Event of your favourite artist?
6.- Have you ever to saw in live to some artist? ( I mean is some restaurant, buying at mall or in some resort?)

7.- Do you like to watch the Oscar Awards?

8.- Have you ever to participated in a role in a Theather representation? ( maybe just for fun or when you was on School?) …

9.- If you could to meet to some artist wich one would be and say us why!...

10.- Would you like to live next at some artist (? ( I mean for example your neighboor would be a TV anchor or else?)…

Cheers my friend…

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CoolCat

1.- Wich one is your favourite Genre of Movies?
depends on my mood. I like comedies, horror, romantic "chick flicks" all movies

2.- Do you collect DVD´s or VHS??,….How many do you have?
I have a quite extensive collection of both VHS and DVDs. Maybe about 70-80 combined.

3.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Male?
Kevin Costner, Harrison Ford and Sean Connery are a few of my favorites.

4.- Wich one is your favourite Actor Female?
Helen Hunt, Darryl Hannah and Julia Roberts are a few.

5.- Have you ever to participated in some Special Event of your favourite artist?
Nope

6.- Have you ever to saw in live to some artist? ( I mean is some restaurant, buying at mall or in some resort?)
I saw Jay Silverheels (Tonto) and Susan Lucci of "All My Children" This was back in the late 60's early 70's at a March of Dimes Telethon

7.- Do you like to watch the Oscar Awards?
I watch some of it but I find it boring

8.- Have you ever to participated in a role in a Theather representation? ( maybe just for fun or when you was on School?) …
I had a small speaking role and a few non speaking roles if a couple of High School plays

9.- If you could to meet to some artist wich one would be and say us why!...
Maybe Richard Chamberlain, Sean Connery and some of the other classic actors. I don't really care for the newer actors, like Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie

10.- Would you like to live next at some artist (? ( I mean for example your neighboor would be a TV anchor or else?)……
She isn't a movie star but I would like to live next to Paula Deen, the down home cook on the Food Network. Her food looks soooo good! And I would like to go to some of her barbecues!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

10.- Would you like to live next at some artist (? ( I mean for example your neighboor would be a TV anchor or else?)……
She isn't a movie star but I would like to live next to Paula Deen, the down home cook on the Food Network. Her food looks soooo good! And I would like to go to some of her barbecues!
great answer!...

REady for another set?...:evilgin:...The topic of today is of General stuffs around you life...

1.- Wich one is the most crazy thing that have you ever do it???? ( I mean for example, Jump in parachute, Take a Snake live, Jump in Bungee etc)
2.- Do you have indor plants at home?
3.- If you can travel in time and to meet to some historycal person WHO would be and Tell us why?...

4.- If you have the money power to move to some part of the world ( of course with your kittys) wich place would be and why.....
5.- What is the thing that really anoy you on the persons.......( for example: the hypocresy, the envy etc)

6.- Are you Religious?

7.- Favourite Salad?

8.- favourite pop soda?

9.- Choose one would you prefer to watch Sunrise
or Sunset and tell us why......
10.- Do you have a car? wich type is it?....

Have a nice weekend my friend!....

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CoolCat

1.- Wich one is the most crazy thing that have you ever do it???? ( I mean for example, Jump in parachute, Take a Snake live, Jump in Bungee etc)
I have lived a pretty boring life but the craziest thing I have ever done is handle snakes and lizards. I just love the way a snake feels. As long as they are not poisonous, I will handle and pet them. Even getting bit by a small rat snake didn't deter me.

2.- Do you have indor plants at home?
I do have a couple. The one that isn't doing very well is the catnip plant. Hmmm I wonder why

3.- If you can travel in time and to meet to some historycal person WHO would be and Tell us why?...
I would want to travel to biblical times and meet Jesus. I would just want to sit at his feet and listen to him.

4.- If you have the money power to move to some part of the world ( of course with your kittys) wich place would be and why.....
It would be by the ocean. I want to be able to walk along the beach and just take in the sounds of the waves and birds. It is sooo calming.

5.- What is the thing that really anoy you on the persons.......( for example: the hypocresy, the envy etc)
Stupidity and greed annoys the heck out of me. Especially people that have a big college education and are so stupid not to realize that they have to pay their student loans. They ignore the bills until they want to buy something, and then come whining to me that I have to clear their credit so they can buy their big fancy car or a home. It isn't MY fault you didn't pay and ignored the calls and bills. Then you have the doctors and lawyers who have over $500,000 in student loans, they have a summer house and mercedes, or BMWs and then they can't afford their loan that got them where they are. Sorry for the rant... they really bug me.

6.- Are you Religious?
I believe in God but I am not really religious

7.- Favourite Salad?
I like a nice geen salad with lots of cauleflower, cheese, red kidney beans, carrots, crutons and bacon bits with ranch on the side.

8.- favourite pop soda?
I rarely drink soda but if I do it is normally rootbeer, pepsi or diet dr pepper

9.- Choose one would you prefer to watch Sunrise or Sunset and tell us why......
Sunset because I would have to get up too early for the sunrise.

10.- Do you have a car? wich type is it?....
I drive a 1999 Kia Sephia. Not a good car but it gets me to work and back.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for answering my questions my friend,
....By my side in order to I´m not available on weekends by the lack of internet,
...so this is the last set of it!....The topic of today would be Cats and also other stuffs...

1.- How many cats have you ever had in your enterely life?

2.- could you tell us the name of the list above?

3.- Do you have any preference about of Breeds of cats?

4.- Do you dream with cats when you sleeps?

5.- Have you ever to give catnip at your kittys to play?

6.- Wich brand do you prefer to give at your kitty in Wet and Dry food to eat?

7.- Would you like to work like a volunteer on a Cat shelter?

another stuffs...

8.- Wich one is your favourite colour to wear?
9.- Do you have some earrings with shape of cat?
10.- do you have some blouse with stamps of cats?
11.- do you collect or you have handcraft of kittys?
12.- how many purses do you have?

.....I hope not boring you with my questions my friend...

Cheers chick!...

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CoolCat

1.- How many cats have you ever had in your enterely life?
This is a hard one given my age, but let me see.... from my calculations, it is at least 18. I am not counting all the kittens I found good homes for or the feral cats I fed over the years.

2.- could you tell us the name of the list above?
Paws - my very first cat who was black and had extra toes
Tarzan - I got him when I was in second grade. He was a big tabby. He survived a nasty UTI just to be killed by a stray dog who wondered into my parents yard. He was about 15 at the time and was a big fat cat. It broke my dad's heart.
Bones - my brother named her, she was a pretty long haired black cat.
Cotton - Bones daughter who was Bones daughter who was long haired white cat with siamese markings
Rusty - an orange boy who had a one inch tail with a hook at the tip
Dusty - Rusty's sister who also had a one inch tail
??? - Don't remember his name but he was given to me by a drunk man who ran over one of my cats, I can't remember which one. It may have been one of Cotton or Bones kittens. He was long haired and white, but sooo stupid.
Little Boy - A tabby that adopted us when we were first married. He just jumped on my lap and stated loving on me.
Kiki - She was a feral kitty that I tamed. She lived to be almost 20 and went over the RB due to kidney failure
Clyde - A pretty black and white boy who we think got hit by a car. He just came in one day moving very slowly. We put him on our bed and he died during the night.
Bonnie - Clyde's sister, also black and white. We had to rehome her when we had to move due to the foreclosure.
Buddy - black and white boy - rehomed
Sissy - Also black and white girl sister of Buddy - rehomed
Princess, Stinker, and Scamper, Buddy and Sissy's offspring, siamese mix who were also rehomed.
Rusty - Current little girl - orange tabby
Dusty - Rusty's sister - patched tabby
The last two we got when we knew we would be able to keep them.

3.- Do you have any preference about of Breeds of cats?
I love your average housecat. I don't really care for purebred cats. They are pretty but just not for me

4.- Do you dream with cats when you sleeps?
The girls normally sleep either behind the couch or in their perch. The onoy time they sleep on our beds is when we are not in them. If they do come up during the night, it is to wake us up playing or wanted to be petting.

5.- Have you ever to give catnip at your kittys to play?
Occasionally, I do have a catnip plant but they haven't shown much interest. They like the dried stuff

6.- Wich brand do you prefer to give at your kitty in Wet and Dry food to eat?
My girls eat meowmix kitten food. They love the stuff. They have treats throughout the day. DH gives them Whiskas catfood as a treat. They also get maybe half a can of wet food everyday. They prefer Friskys Tuna and whitefish

7.- Would you like to work like a volunteer on a Cat shelter?
Someday I would like to volunteer but right now my life is too hectic

another stuffs...
8.- Wich one is your favourite colour to wear?

I normally wear black slacks and bright colored tops. I like the corals and blues.

9.- Do you have some earrings with shape of cat?
I don't wear earrings much so no

10.- do you have some blouse with stamps of cats?
Nope but I used to have a skirt that had kittys on it

11.- do you collect or you have handcraft of kittys?
I don't collect or make anything with kitties but I do have 2 bobblehead kitties. One is on my desk at work and one is at home on the entertainment center.

12.- how many purses do you have?
Believe it or not, I have maybe 2 or 3 purses. I just carry one and don't see the point of collecting them. I just have your basic black purse.

.....I hope not boring you with my questions my friend...
Never, I enjoy answering your questions..