TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › food allergy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

food allergy

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
I've noticed that latley when I eat peanut butter my stomach gets really upset. Last night I had some and within five minutes I got extremely dizzy and nauseated. I layed down and sipped some water and eventually felt better. I had a headache though. Now I'm wondering if I'm allergic to peanuts.
post #2 of 10
Your symptoms do fit a mild allergy: http://www.webmd.com/allergies/tc/pe...lergy-overview
post #3 of 10
Or it could be the fat or another additive in it. In light of your other issues - the reflux problem for example, I'd be willing to bet it was just your stomach not handling it well.

As far as I know I'm only allergic to one food - but I don't know what it is. It was some ingredient in some homemade stuffing that DH's extended family made at a Christmas dinner years ago. It actually felt like my throat was closing up - luckily the attack passed after about 20 minutes...
post #4 of 10
It does seem to be an allergy to peanuts, but if you want to be sure speak to your doctor for advice.
post #5 of 10
I would dare say it is a fungus issue ... or a other ingrediant issue ... Is it a certified organic with NO other oils or a commercial type with many ingrediants ???
post #6 of 10
Are you sure the PB hasnt gone bad? It doesnt sound like an allergy to me...
Unless you have the same reactions with other peanut products (cereals, breads, crackers, prepared sauces/salad dressings, dried soups etc), id just toss the jar and/or switch brands. If you have symptoms with other peanut products, or *different* allergy-like symptoms, then it couldnt hurt to consult a Dr!
post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Februa View Post
Are you sure the PB hasnt gone bad? It doesnt sound like an allergy to me...
Unless you have the same reactions with other peanut products (cereals, breads, crackers, prepared sauces/salad dressings, dried soups etc), id just toss the jar and/or switch brands. If you have symptoms with other peanut products, or *different* allergy-like symptoms, then it couldnt hurt to consult a Dr!
It hasn't gone bad, DH eats it with no problem. I'm not sure if I have the same reaction to other peanut products. I haven't eaten any recently.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
I would dare say it is a fungus issue ... or a other ingrediant issue ... Is it a certified organic with NO other oils or a commercial type with many ingrediants ???
No, it's not organic peanut butter.
post #8 of 10
I get that way with peanuts. I have gerd though and can not digest them. I am also Allergic to so many things. It could be Allergy but it dosent really sound like it. Your problem sounds like what happenes if I have Dairy Foods.
post #9 of 10
Peanuts are notorious for being loaded with pestisides and residue of such. I only buy organic for this reason.

I used to have bad reaction when I ate certain produce as well. Peanut butter also is bothering me the older I get. My "old" coworker said as she got older digesting nuts (plus many other things) got worse so her stomach reacted.

I personally get dizzy if my stomach acts up but all people dont, but I still cut down on nuts after paying attention.
post #10 of 10
From what I know about peanut allergies, mostly from "you can't give your kids peanut butter and jelly sandwiches because so-and-so is allergic" if you are truly allergic you would know.

I am a big fan of my allergist, so I would definitely find a good one.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › food allergy