TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Breaking Mews › Karadzic finally arrested in Serbia
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Karadzic finally arrested in Serbia

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
It took long enough. Let's hope they also find and arrest Mladic.

Serbian Officials Provide Details on Arrest of Karadzic

Quote:
The tribunal in The Hague indicted the former leader on July 24, 1995, just days after thousands of unarmed Bosnian men were executed in and around Srebrenica, a United Nations-protected enclave that was overrun by the Bosnian Serb military and the police. Their forces were assisted closely by Serbian troops sent by Belgrade.

The prosecution charged him with genocide, persecution, deportation and other crimes committed against non-Serb civilians in Bosnia during the 1992-95 war.
It's rather difficult to believe that Koštunica's government wasn't protecting him.

Quote:
The arrest was made just weeks after a pro-Western coalition government in Serbia was formed with the goal of bringing Serbia into the European Union, the world's biggest trading bloc.
post #2 of 12
Finally It had been so long that I was certain he had made it out of the country somehow and was hiding who-knows-where. Just for the record, I couldn't have recognized him as he looks now either
post #3 of 12
I'm glad they got him, but hold out no high hopes for quick justice. Look at how long Milosevic sat in prison, and finally died there with his trial still unfinished.
post #4 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster View Post
I'm glad they got him, but hold out no high hopes for quick justice. Look at how long Milosevic sat in prison, and finally died there with his trial still unfinished.
That's what many are saying. The only consolation is that Karadžić will be behind bars, where he belongs.

Our news broadcasts have been showing the jubilation in Bosnia, along with old footage from Sarajevo and Srebrenica. I hope nobody has forgotten what a hideous war that was, with so many innocents killed in the name of nationalism.
post #5 of 12
Off with his head.
post #6 of 12
I just saw his picture on the CNN website. Holy cow......he might have been playing Santa Claus for all these years!!
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster View Post
I just saw his picture on the CNN website. Holy cow......he might have been playing Santa Claus for all these years!!
I was thinking the same thing. As often as I saw his picture during and shortly after the war, but now, I couldn't recognize him if he sat beside me at Starbucks.
post #8 of 12
Sadly, it seems as though the issues that resulted in the war and it's many crimes, are still very alive and well in Bosnia.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7527322.stm
post #9 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippymjp View Post
Sadly, it seems as though the issues that resulted in the war and it's many crimes, are still very alive and well in Bosnia.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7527322.stm
It really is depressing, isn't it?
post #10 of 12
To see children worshiping this monster is sad and tragic. Jingoism gone awry is a very dangerous thing.
post #11 of 12
The lengths to which people will go with their religious hatred never ceases to both amaze and disgust me.
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippymjp View Post
The lengths to which people will go with their religious hatred never ceases to both amaze and disgust me.
I know. It seems so senseless. I could never imagine rejoicing over someone's death. Regardless of many factors it is still a loss of life.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Breaking Mews
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Breaking Mews › Karadzic finally arrested in Serbia