Unorganized! (Work Rant!)

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So Brandon and I work for the same company. Our boss is a long time friend of mine and he picks Brandon up in the mornings so it saves me a trip to the office to drop him off.

I run the office and he works in the field... It's just the 3 of us in the company.
So for 3 weeks I have been after my boss to add me to the phone bill accounts so I can pay them. He added me to the landline accounts but not the cell phone.
I have told him several times that he needs to add me.

Well this morning the cell phones were shut off. I couldn't call my boss to make sure he's on his way.. (This is something I have to do every morning or he'd be late for all the appointments.)

So this morning he came banging on my door with a nasty attitude! He was ranting and raving about the phone not being paid and how it was my fault.

Needless to say I said a few choice words to him and slammed the door

I really can't wait until I can get the boys in a summer care program and I can switch jobs!!
Right now the only advantage to this job is I can take the kids with me when I need to.

There are sooooo many things he does that are unorganized! He will give me phone #'s backwards and say I wrote them down wrong, he will forget to give me vital information, or he will forget to tell me what customers he serviced... I could go on and on!

Sorry... Just needed to rant

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you set up some sort of organizational system for him, with daily reminders and so forth? Some bosses have to be led along like children, because they either can't or won't focus long enough to understand what's needed and get it done.

For example: I eventually learned that when I needed a decision from my old boss Gary, I could not simply drop him a note asking how he would like to proceed... I had to lay out his choices for him, each with a check box in front of it, and add a big note at the bottom: PLEASE CHECK ONE AND RETURN!

He was smart enough to build a multi-billion-dollar international corporation, but somehow he was so scattered that this was the only way to get a definitive response out of him.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of having to be added to an account in order to pay a bill. I've gone to the bank and/or post office many times to pay bills for other people and I was never on their account.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Can you set up some sort of organizational system for him, with daily reminders and so forth? Some bosses have to be led along like children, because they either can't or won't focus long enough to understand what's needed and get it done.

For example: I eventually learned that when I needed a decision from my old boss Gary, I could not simply drop him a note asking how he would like to proceed... I had to lay out his choices for him, each with a check box in front of it, and add a big note at the bottom: PLEASE CHECK ONE AND RETURN!

He was smart enough to build a multi-billion-dollar international corporation, but somehow he was so scattered that this was the only way to get a definitive response out of him.
That's the problem with my boss. I have laid everything out for him and given him choices like you said. I've done everything short of writing it out in crayon for him

The problem is that it's his way or no way an then gets upset with me or Brandon when his way doesn't work out

He wants us to run this company but doesn't want to let us take charge... I'm really thinking about looking for another job. I have over a year and half (off and on) invested in this company but it seems like it's going to an endless battle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I've never heard of having to be added to an account in order to pay a bill. I've gone to the bank and/or post office many times to pay bills for other people and I was never on their account.
In order for them to allow access to the account you have to have a password. They're very strict about it otherwise other people can get into the accounts and change things.
He personally added a 2nd password to this account due to a previous employee trying to use his account.

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am right there with you Dixie. I am trying to get enough private music lessons students to quit my day job.

Heck, my boss blamed me just this morning for some paperwork that he lost! You should see his desk, I swear there is a black hole at the bottom of his paper stack. He'll swear and swear that he gave me something and accuse me of losing it, but I am not going to throw away someone else's papers. He knows he lost that thing.

Sorry for your aggrevation, I totally feel your pain.