I have good news!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of you may remember me complaining about the people across the hall from me, first leaving bags of poopie diapers in the hallway and then later starting to spray lysol spray in the hall which caused me lots of problems with my asthma.

I was talking to the caretaker earlier today and told her that their apartment door no longer has a door knob! Why it doesn't have a door knob I have no clue, but it's been without one for over a week. The door knobs don't have locks: the locks are actually deadbolt ones. Whatever the reason for removing the door knob, it's unsightly.

She told me that the girl has not renewed her lease and will be moving!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is good news! I remember you telling us about your neighbors several times and how inconsiderate they are. Hopefully now you will get some plesant neighbors in!

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yea!!!!!

I follow your threads. I remember the neighbor posts quite well.

Yea!!!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad to know they are moving. Few things are more bothersome than annoying neighbors. The last ones I had moved out the same day I did. I was mad, If I had know they were moving, I would have stayed. I loved that place.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DeeDeeMay

That's great news! I hope your new neighbours are much better than the last, they were awful!
LOL, believe it or not, these ones were better than the last few that lived there! Every year this building declines. The agency just rents to anyone. They don't seem to bother screening people.

The last several tenants in that apartment have been heavy partiers complete with loud people, loud music, slamming doors and drugs. In fact I think the ones before these people were drug dealers because there were people coming and going from that apartment all day and night, and sometimes the smell of "pot" was so bad that there was a smokey haze in the hallway and the smell would be seeping under my door.

Ever since all of the good tenants on this floor moved out, I've been itching to move but I've just not been able to manage it either physically or financially. But once I return to work it's one of the first things I plan on doing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my good news is that they're moving out today!

The bad news is that they've made a complete mess of the hallway carpets with trash and what looks like pebble-like gravel, and black marks of some kind from whatever they have been dragging around.

And more bad news: they subletted the place. I don't know to whom, neither does the caretaker because she hasn't met them. It was done directly through the office. But neither my caretaker or I are holding out much hope that the next ones will be better. We both suspect that the new people are friends with the old, which means these people will be back, and they will continue to party with the ones down at the far end of the hallway.

If I had the extra money I'd rent the apartment and leave it empty!!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Well, my good news is that they're moving out today!

The bad news is that they've made a complete mess of the hallway carpets with trash and what looks like pebble-like gravel, and black marks of some kind from whatever they have been dragging around.

And more bad news: they subletted the place. I don't know to whom, neither does the caretaker because she hasn't met them. It was done directly through the office. But neither my caretaker or I are holding out much hope that the next ones will be better. We both suspect that the new people are friends with the old, which means these people will be back, and they will continue to party with the ones down at the far end of the hallway.

If I had the extra money I'd rent the apartment and leave it empty!!
Well, we can always hope for the best.