Anyone else wanna see Mamma Mia?!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I freakin LOVE LOVE LOVE musicals and cannot wait to see this movie! I saw Wicked in theater in March and just want to go to Broadway to see this also!

Anyone else want to see or have seen it and if you HAVE seen it-what do you think?

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would rather be dragged through broken glass by large pointy spikes driven through my feet than see that.
All reviews I have seen say its horrible, from the ENDLESS comercials I have seen it looks, and sounds horrible, and if I see one more apperance by the cast on any TV show I WILL throw something at the television.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

I would rather be dragged through broken glass by large pointy spikes driven through my feet than see that.
All reviews I have seen say its horrible, from the ENDLESS comercials I have seen it looks, and sounds horrible, and if I see one more apperance by the cast on any TV show I WILL throw something at the television.
don't hold back.... tell us how you REALLY feel!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do I want to see it? Is there a cow in Texas? Does an outhouse stink? Do bears do their thing in the woods?" Besides, Meryl Strep, Colin Firth and Pierce Brosnan are in it. Who cares what the critics say? One great actress and 2 pieces of eye candy.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I love musicals too, but while I love Abba, this movie doesn't really seem to be summoning me.
i saw a number from the stage show on the Tony awards. i liked it... & the cast album is terrific! i'm thinking, hey - i like musicals, anyway - i like the music - i think the story/plot is amusing - Pierce Brosnan & Colin Firth are in it - what's not to like?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Do I want to see it? Is there a cow in Texas? Does an outhouse stink? Do bears do their thing in the woods?" Besides, Meryl Strep, Colin Firth and Pierce Brosnan are in it. Who cares what the critics say? One great actress and 2 pieces of eye candy.

It's not going to win any awards, but it looks like a fun girly movie

emeraldsongbird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Being a classical/Broadway trained musician, I'm HUGE on musicals. I'm not, however, big on musicals turned INTO movies. However... I saw Mamma Mia today, and I absolutely ADORED it. Critics apparently can't tell their heads from their butts, as far as I'm concerned. If you love musicals, go see it. Seriously... it was awesome

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even the Wall Street Journal gave it a pretty good review which is a rare thing for them to do. Meryl Streep is supposed to do a good job singing!!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to see it with my sister soon, she saw the musical and enjoyed that so we'll see the film.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw it!!!

I'd been waiting for months for this! A few years ago, I saw it on Broadway - a friend had an extra ticket, in the orchestra, and I couldn't pass that up. I wasn't too excited, but it was a free ticket. I had had no intention of seeing this. I was completely won over. What fun!! Infectious, audience on their feet, clapping and singing along.

So, when I first saw the trailer for the movie in December, I was very excited.

I loved it! I pay no attention to critics and reviews. They're taking this waaaaay too seriously. It's a fun movie!!! I had a great time. Meryl Streep is having a ball.

Gets a big
from me!!!

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw this movie on Sunday, and absolutely LOVED it!

When the trailer for this began showing on tv, I did think to myself that it was the most boring musical this year, but my friend dragged me out to watch it...I soon changed my mind about the film once it was over. During the singing parts, I could not help it..I found myself tapping my feet!

It must have been a good show for people to clap at the very end too!

It gets a 10/10 from me!
(Doesn't help being an ABBA Fan from childhood either, and I blame my parents!
)

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Saw the stage production and wasn't blown away so probably won't bother with the movie. It just seems to be a venue for Abba tunes and I can go buy an Abba CD.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sirius radio has had an "all ABBA" channel going for the last couple of weeks, in honor of this movie opening.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my sister dragged me along to see this. i was seriously expecting to sleep throughout the whole thing, can't stand so called 'chick flicks'. but...

i absolutely loved it! it was a real feel good film. you couldn't help but smile, laugh and cry along with the characters! take it for what it is, a big frothy mountain of fantasy and run with it!

i would recommend it to everyone, even if you think you'll hate it.