In the Garden of "Eden"

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Never fostered a pregnant cat before, let alone an unhealthy one.

FeLV/FIV -
Vet thinks either mom had distemper when she was a kitten, or blunt force trauma caused her balance issues.

She's 7 lbs at what I can only assume to close to full term pregnant!

She's in a big dog crate here, and will have the room to roam once she's adjusted more during the day. To her, this is probably her Garden of Eden, I didn't ask many details on what her life was like before, but I'm assuming she's has litter after litter, and she doesn't appear to have been fed well.

So, wish me luck. Unfortunately, she had her last litter April 1st & 3 died right away. Eden could use tons of , as could her babies.

New pics once she settles a bit more, this is one of her from last night when I dropped her off at the shelter.

Now I must go scour the forums for a crash course in a pregnant mommy cat!

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Natalie, if you need help with this little darlin', just let me know ... while in my heart I love ALL cats, the Meezers just really did have me at Hello. Whatever I can do to assist, honey - just say the word.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Little Eden for you and your babies.
I dont want to even think of what this poor cat has gone through. Was she a rescue from a mill?
More

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww poor baby - I'm sure she probably had a 1st litter at 4-5 months old too. Healing vibes your way

BTW what's the status of Bea?

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh poor girl. It breaks my heart that she has suffered so in her life. Her eyes look so sad. The important thing with pregnant cats is nutrition and low stress. I put a feliway plug in in Lucia's room so that she could be relaxed and it helped. She needs some good quality wet food with loads of healthy fat and protein. Quality kitten food would be best.
I know she is good hands and if anyone can rehab her it would be you. You have all of us here to help and support.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Aww poor baby - I'm sure she probably had a 1st litter at 4-5 months old too. Healing vibes your way

BTW what's the status of Bea?
she's just so lovely... hopefully a kindhearted adopter w/a soft spot for Siamese special needs kitties will want her!

you'll do fine - there's a wealth of info & knowledge on pregnant cats here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is the kitty I picked up from NinaCaliente. "Stinky" (now named Eden) was her neighbor's cat. As per sharky, I got the best I could in kitten food locally, so she'll be on Diamond Naturals Kitten....I don't have any petstores nearby, I have to drive an hour & just can't right now.

We shall see if Eden improves enough to become adoptable. Right now, she's crashing all over the place. If she doesn't improve to the point where she isn't adoptable, she's always safe here.

The status of Bea....still here, waiting for someone to want her. Sound asleep on her piece of fleece in the kitty cube.

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so grateful she is with you now, Natalie. I was just horrified to see her this weekend - I had no idea she had become sooooo skinny. Blue and I will be sending MEGA VIBES for Eden to improve, and for her babies to pull through.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To give you guys an idea of her walking abilities right now....here are 4 short videos. She wants to badly to be able to run to me for attention. She's getting around fairly well, IMO, considering the life she's had & who knows what's happened to her. I am daring to hope she'll get better as the days go by, but am not naive enough to think she'll ever be "normal" again.
I consider Eden lucky, as many do not get the chance she now has.

Pardon the mess, I have tons of stuff in there from getting home & then having to pick up supplies for her.

In some, you can see how skinny she is, yet that she's pregnant. I have no clue how far along she is....

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/twtich1/Eden/?action=view&current=EdenPQWalking1.flv

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/twtich1/Eden/?action=view&current=EdenPQWalking.flv

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/twtich1/Eden/?action=view&current=EdenPQ1.flv

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/twtich1/Eden/?action=view&current=EdenPQ2.flv

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nat, she looks much better than she did late Friday night. At that point she wasn't trying to stand much at all, and when someone stood her up she could only take a few steps before falling over completely. for her to continue to get better.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
While I won't go so far as to say she looks good, from your original post, I really thought she would look much worse than she does. Just feed her, honey - as much as she wants whenever she wants. I sent you a PM with more detailed insturctions, but a little goat's milk might be appreciated as well. She is a beautiful little girl and I know that under your loving care, she will blossom. Has she always had these balance problems? Is she vocal? She seems to be taking to you and her new environment quite well in the videos.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fingers crossed for her - at least this will be her last ever litter, that will probably be a big help to her.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad Eden is in your care now, Nat. Sending lots of vibes for her and her babies.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is so pretty! Many vibes to her for a safe delivery, and healthy kittens.
I wish I knew someone nearby that would take a gorgeous Meezer after her babies are weaned. They were born outside and we don't know where they are. A friend has socialized her, but she is still living outside in a dangerous hotel parking lot. She is very tiny and we think this might be her second litter. We think she mated with the big Scottish Fold that was abandoned there and is now the alpha male. We really need to do something with both of them, as the hotel people don't want them around. They should be pretty kittens.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I had room for her because she really tugs at my heart. Her eagerness to walk just brought me to tears.
With some TLC she will be a pretty girl again.
She has to be exhausted and drained from the babies.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CC12

I wish I had room for her because she really tugs at my heart. Her eagerness to walk just brought me to tears.
Oh me, too. What a beautiful little sweetness. I cant believe she is pregnant, she is so tiny. She seems really relaxed with the her tail up and ready to explore. Thank you Nat, for helping her. She is now safe and away from her bad life before, Im sure she knows that now. Sending many many prayers this little sweethearts way

mountaindew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
glad you took her in. I can't wait to see how she progresses with a healthy diet etc. bless you.