Went to the chiropractor today

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I exacerbated an old injury at the gym and have been having a great deal of neck, shoulder and back pain as a result.

I finally phoned and got into the chiropractor this afternoon.

I forgot how cute my chiropractor is. Dark hair, a goatee (which is new) and dark brown eyes. Total hottie! Anyway, that's beside the point.. he's married with a 9 month old daughter

I got instant relief from my pain! I'm going again on Thursday because he didn't take care of all my back issues today because I was so sore. I'm taking Wednesday off from the gym just to give my back a bit of a rest, but I'm going again on Friday.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh you poor thing! I understand completely; I see my chiropractor at least once a month (that's in a good month!
) I know a lot of people think chiropractors are 'quacks', but I know there are times I wouldn't be able to move unless my doc straightened me out.
Glad to hear you're feeling so much better. Good luck keeping it that way!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My back feels so good that I'm thinking of booking transportation for Wednesday just to go and walk on the treadmill. My only problem is that I'm addicted to aquafit classes, so when I go I feel I have to take in a class!
I just have no will power to resist. Even with my back pain I was doing the aquafit classes.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I exacerbated an old injury at the gym and have been having a great deal of neck, shoulder and back pain as a result.

I forgot how cute my chiropractor is. Dark hair, a goatee (which is new) and dark brown eyes. Total hottie! Anyway, that's beside the point.. he's married with a 9 month old daughter
Just because either of you are on a diet doesn't mean you can't look at the menu.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, he did warn me!

He told me that he wasn't going to be aggressive in adjusting my spine and neck yesterday because I was so sore, and that what little he would do would result in more soreness for a couple of days.

I felt so good yesterday that I didn't listen! Today I feel like I've been hit by a bus. Very stiff and sore, but not the same soreness that I had when I went in. More muscular like I really over worked my muscles and back. So I'm not going to the gym tomorrow or Friday and am going back to the chiropractor on Thursday. By then the soreness should be on the decline.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went for my second treatment today. He said that my back and pelvis are in horrid shape! He didn't need to tell me that!
When he was adjusting my lower spine I was actually seeing stars and broke out in a cold sweat from the pain. My left arm was near paralyzed from pinched nerves in my shoulder and neck. I have feeling back in my arm again, but it still feels like pins and needles. He told me "no gym!" and ice! Ice! Ice! I go back twice next week again.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I finally phoned and got into the chiropractor this afternoon.

I got instant relief from my pain! I'm going again on Thursday because he didn't take care of all my back issues today because I was so sore. I'm taking Wednesday off from the gym just to give my back a bit of a rest, but I'm going again on Friday.
My BIL is a chiropractor, in fact, I built his web site for him. Here it is:
SUPERCHIRO
The guy you see with all the needles sticking out of him and the guy with the broken arm is me! So, now everybody knows what I look like! I get free care from him for building his web site. As I do with my dentist, PCP, (primary care physician) and countless others. It is called bartering. There is no income tax to pay on earnings and everybody benefits and it is legal.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

It is called bartering. There is no income tax to pay on earnings and everybody benefits and it is legal.
I love bartering. My brother thought I was crazy until he tried it when he was renovating his house.

He got his lighting and wiring done for their rock bottom cost of the fixtures in exchange for allowing the company to come in and photograph the work and use the images as advertisement.

For his roof he bought a funeral plan from the guy.

For something else he installed a few windows for the person.

There were other examples. He estimated that it cost him 50% of what it would have otherwise cost him if he were to have gotten things at retail.

It was funny when he was telling me about all of his renovations and the bartering he did and how it's so great and explaining to me how it works
I had to remind him that it was me that suggested that he give it a try!