this is going to be one huge litter!!!

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The momma is extra large!!! No pics though because my mom has taken my digital camera hostage!! I believe the delivery time will be very very soon!! She is nesting and hasnt left one corner undisturbed
She also has some discharge though I havent noticed a mucus plug yet...very very sweet kitty...after her kittens are ready for their new homes I have a friend that wants the momma
Im having the kittens done through the same vet that done sadie and her kittens at the end of june..Send us some I really want these guys to make an appearance before I return to work for the next 5 days!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no kittens yet
I took the mom to the vet this morning he gave her what someone else suggested to me for worms...he said it was safe for pregnant cats and also said he guesses 7-8 kittens...and that she looks healthy for a stray. He also said she is due any day now and to expect my little bundles by the end of the week

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Big litters are the norm here lately. I have 8 babies.
I know you get anxious for it to happen and it will. Let us know!! Pictures please.
When you get your camera back. Ok.

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, CC is right about the large litters here lately. My Lily had 8 babies as well, first time mom as well. Just ensure you get your camera back so we can see pictures

skewch

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
oooh, you are so lucky to be getting sphynx!! I can't wait until you post pictures. I want a sphynx badly, but there are no breeders even remotely close to here.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She only seems to progress with labor when I am in the room with her...When I leave for work(8hr days) and come home she is dried up tighter then fort knox...this worries me!! Is there anything I can do...or is this normal? Please help!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brandi

The momma is extra large!!! No pics though because my mom has taken my digital camera hostage!! I believe the delivery time will be very very soon!! She is nesting and hasnt left one corner undisturbed
She also has some discharge though I havent noticed a mucus plug yet...very very sweet kitty...after her kittens are ready for their new homes I have a friend that wants the momma
Im having the kittens done through the same vet that done sadie and her kittens at the end of june..Send us some I really want these guys to make an appearance before I return to work for the next 5 days!
You must be terribly excited and for good reason. I have never witnessed the birth of a kitten although many puppies. And since as soon as I get a cat (however that may be), I have it neutered, I guess I never will. But it must be a most religious experience. Well, I guess you can YOUtube anything these days. Best of luck to you and Momma!

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
still no kittens
Though it looks like we are making better progress now...

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't let labor start and no kitten within an hour. If she is having contractions then she should see a vet if nothing happens. 2 hours is too long.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sadie was fine with her first litter she lost her mucus plug on a tuesday and had them on Thursday with no complications...This cat is a stray. So far she has had no complications and vet said she is healthy I called him when she lost her mucus plug and he told me to bring her in after 72 hours if she still was not in labor...

**there are no contractions that I can tell

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sadie was fine with her first litter she lost her mucus plug on a tuesday and had them on Thursday with no complications...This cat is a stray. So far she has had no complications and vet said she is healthy I called him when she lost her mucus plug and he told me to bring her in after 72 hours if she still was not in labor...

**there are no contractions that I can tell
Glad to hear that. Let us know how things go with her.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

no kittens yet
I took the mom to the vet this morning he gave her what someone else suggested to me for worms...he said it was safe for pregnant cats and also said he guesses 7-8 kittens...and that she looks healthy for a stray. He also said she is due any day now and to expect my little bundles by the end of the week
LOL the vet was WAY off tonight we have 5 kittens so far all males and incredibly beautiful
There is one that is white and ginger Im in
with him!! So far we have 2 blue kittens 2 mostly white with gray and black tabby stripes and 1 orange/cream(possibly white)with orange stripes...I believe we have 1-2 more on their way not 100% sure right now...Send some vibes our way for a healthy litter!! Hopefully soon I will have my camera back!

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These guys are gonna have different birthdays 4 were born on the 12th the rest will be born on the 13th!

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok I believe we are done at 5 shes calmed down quite a bit and all the bundles are nursing!