Horses, Horses, HORSES!

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As promised, here are a few of the horses at the stables where I ride and help out at. Obviously, I'll save the best horsey till last!

Lady Jane is around 6 years old and is 12.3hh. She is really cheeky and loves going fast!

Peach is 4/5 years old and is around 15hh. She too is really cheeky and can be proper marish. She is probably one of the most stubborn horses I have ever rode, but apart from that and the fact she loves to bite your toes, she's a lovely little girl

Thor is 6 years old and is mainly used as a trekking pony as he acts like a nutcase in the school. He's around 14.2hh and has a silly expression on his face all of the time!

Ted is a 16 year old 16.2hh horse who enjoys going at a pretty steady pace. Unfortunately he is being sold soon, due to the fact he is lame

Sid is also 16 years old, and he is one of the grumpiest horses at the stables. He tries to bite you when you tack him up, but as long as he has some food he is perfectly fine. My mom loves to ride him as he is the safest pony in the school who will do everything you ask of him.

Paddy is 17hh and is a TB. He is the bounciest horse there, and is probably the second grumpiest. He will try and bite you if you walk past his stable without reason, and loves to toss his head about, trying to knock you over. Other than that though, he is a lovely little chap

Patch is 16.2hh and is around 8 or 9 years old. He is one of the comfiest horses at the stables, and he is also one of the safest.

BTW EnzoLeya I asked about his breed for you and like I said they don't know what he is.

Margo is the newest horse at the stables. She is 16.3hh, really gentle and sweet but I haven't got a clue what she's like to ride, but I'll soon let you know cuz I'm riding her on Saturday

More coming!.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lulu is 14.1hh and is a really sweet, loving little mare

Blue is another cheeky pony. He enjoys bombing around the school at 90mph, and if he weren't too small for me, I'd be on him in a second!

Paddy or Big Paddy as he is normally called is 17.3hh, the biggest horse at the stables. He is a real sweet boy, and I'm too scared to ride him because of his height!

More coming! ...

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Monty!

To me, Monty is the best horse in the world.
He does absolutely everything you tell him to do, and he may be 16 years old, but he certainly doesn't act it! The thing I love about him most is the fact he will get all excited and without warning take off with you, and he is very, VERY fast.
Unfortunately the stupid owner of the stables has now classed this 15.3hh horse as a "Kids Pony" so I can't ride him anymore
but every week I go and take him a bag of carrots or apples and help look after him.
If it wasn't for Monty, or Ginge, Poobah or Moo as he's better known, I wouldn't have my need for speed!
he loves hugs and kisses and will constantly lick you if you stop fussing him!
I
him to bits

And, of course, I can't leave out the little farm cat Smudge.

Hope you like the piccies!

kernil

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh their all so beautiful!

Its hard to pick a favorite, but I think Monty takes the cake

Its glad to see another horse lover out here, maybe we'll have to start a discussion thread about all our favorite horses

All I know is I definitely have to show off my favorite horses I work with now, as one of my part time jobs.

Thanks for showing us those beautiful pics, they made my day!

That they'll let you ride Monty again soon!

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks
The only problem is they bought his weight limit down to like 7 stone, (which IMO is a load of BS because he is quite cobby and has a pretty round belly) and I ain't 7 stone!

Maybe we'll win the lottery so I can buy him off the mean owner!

To be honest I don't mind not riding him though, as I get to try the others, and as long as I can see him and hug him each week and tell him I
him, I'm not too fussed.

I love to show him off too. If someone asks me about him, I just won't shut up!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great pictures! There's TONS of horses there!

I can't believe they don't know what Patch is!
I'm almost possitive he's a vanner! What kind of horse loving riding facility is this!?!

That's too bad about Monty
I don't think I'll ever get over the fact that he's classed as a pony and is taller than most average horses

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I go again on Saturday I'll ask someone different. I can't imagine they'll know either though.

Clever people, aren't they!? lol. Mind you, I don't know either! I just know that they're cute!

And as for Monty, I've got it all planned out when I win the lottery
If she won't accept 1 million for Monty and Sid, then I'll resort to other things...

lol

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauracatlover

If she won't accept 1 million for Monty and Sid, then I'll resort to other things...

lol

I wish you lived around here. I'm trying to sell a mare for a friend of mine. She's a very flashy bay paint mare with more spunk to her than the owner likes (she's a beginer rider). The mare is even 15.3 hands too! I've rode her a few times, she's a fine horse, but owners need to be willing to put hours in the saddle if they want a perfect horse

kernil

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

lol
haha, exactly how I've felt about so many horses before
I hope you get the winning ticket soon!

Haha, ya maybe the thread idea isnt that great after all....It'd take hours to read through all the posts if you love posting about the horses as much as I do

They got rid of her just because she has a little spunk, and aren't wiling to put the time in? Where do you find these people! You should see the hours put into some of the horses I excercise and am helping train, one of the colts (a three year old) has at least one of us spending 2 hours with him daily, to help him get over his fear of people after being abused at an early age by a supposed "trainer". Now he requires zillions of hours. (wait till i get my hands on the guy who beat him
) And with us willing to do that, their not willing to put a few good hours in the saddle of a good horse? I don't understand some people.......

Oops, sorry long post, and a little rant....my bad
Cant help it when I get on a roll....

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

I wish you lived around here. I'm trying to sell a mare for a friend of mine. She's a very flashy bay paint mare with more spunk to her than the owner likes (she's a beginer rider). The mare is even 15.3 hands too! I've rode her a few times, she's a fine horse, but owners need to be willing to put hours in the saddle if they want a perfect horse
I wish I lived over there too! It's a totally different life for you peeps. Nearly everyone has loads of land and gets loads of horses, and over here the only people who can have that have to be millionaires! There's too many housing estates and not enough land!

There's a guy who owns some horses down by us, and I swear someone should ring the RSPCA, cuz they are really skinny, have no shelter and live on some grass next to a main road.
The horses are fed and watered, but obviously not enough

Every time me and my mom drive past there, there's new foals there, and all of the horses have matted fur etc, and look really sad.
When we drive by we always say how unfair it is that he can have all these horses that are never 'properly loved' and we can't have one!
And obviously how unfair it is for the poor ponies.

Grrr!!
And they seem to want love too! We went down there to say hi to them (and sneak them a carrot) and all the man could say was "Oi, missus, watch that horse it bites!" Which it DIDN'T.

Anyway, long rant over.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I wish I lived over there too! It's a totally different life for you peeps. Nearly everyone has loads of land and gets loads of horses, and over here the only people who can have that have to be millionaires! There's too many housing estates and not enough land!

There's a guy who owns some horses down by us, and I swear someone should ring the RSPCA, cuz they are really skinny, have no shelter and live on some grass next to a main road.
The horses are fed and watered, but obviously not enough

Every time me and my mom drive past there, there's new foals there, and all of the horses have matted fur etc, and look really sad.
When we drive by we always say how unfair it is that he can have all these horses that are never 'properly loved' and we can't have one!
And obviously how unfair it is for the poor ponies.

Grrr!!
And they seem to want love too! We went down there to say hi to them (and sneak them a carrot) and all the man could say was "Oi, missus, watch that horse it bites!" Which it DIDN'T.

Anyway, long rant over.
That really stinks that you have to be rich to buy a house with land

I know what you mean about that man with his horses. We've got someone around us who as 12 horses, that I counted last, on less than an acre of land. They stand in mud all day and their hay looks like hay from three years ago (not a speck of green left). They are all skinny and look terrible. For some reason he has two horses that lay in a mud lot big enough to park ONE car in. It makes me sick. That worst part about it, several people have called the police and they still get to keep the horses.

kernil

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
how horrible, some people really make me sick. I hate driving by places that do that to their horses, and no matter how hard you try you cant find anyone with the power to take those poor animals away to a good home. This is also the reason I never go to any horse auctions anymore, its so sad to see the poor animals that have been ruined by people who don't care, and then are sold to even worse homes so cruel owners can make a quick buck.

I mean, for gods sake you have the privilege of being with an amazing animal, working with them and earning their love and companionship. Many don't have this privilege. Then, they go and ruin this possibility by not bothering to provide care, companionship, shelter, or food, even beating them, usually for no good reason or because they've already ruined the animal so thoroughly they try to defend themselves.

It really truly breaks my heart, I wish I could save them all but can only work with so many, due to the amount of time it takes to help them recover from this kind of behavior. I only hope that more organizations will crop up who can provide help, and take these animals from undeserving owners.

sorry for the rant, this can be a touchy issue, those poor animals....

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our rescue centres are way different to yours too. There's a programme on TV over here about the work done at the SPCA in Houston, and compared to our RSPCA that is amazing the way that they pull out all the stops just for one animal, and even the police come out to help them seize the animals. Round here we don't have anything like that.

The inspectors just go round to complaints and tell the owners what to do and then wait for like 3 days to see if it gets better. And the police are too busy to come and help animals. IMO this country has gone downhill, especially in crime and even more in cruelty to animals. Yesterday on the news there was a pony who was like 20 years old, and three 15 year olds pinned her down, stabbed her 40 times and engraved words on her flesh.
When her owners got to her she was shaking and bleeding, but luckily she made it.

Okay, let's talk about something happy now!

Here's a few more piccies for you...

This is Dan. He lives at the other stables that I ride at once a fortnight with my friend. He's 18, and exactly the same height and build as Monty...so why can I ride him and not Mont? Anyway, ignore the stupid expression on my face

This is Chester who lives at the stables I ride at down at Wales. He is the horse who I had my first proper gallop on, and after that I couldn't get enough!
He is 14.1hh, so EnzoLeya, it proves just how stupid that the owner of Monty is, if I can ride one as small as Chester!

Badger lives with Chester

More coming!....

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is Shamrock, or Shami. He used to live with Dan, but because he was on livery, he's now gone back to his owner to do light work, as he is nearly 20!

And finally, this is random but here's some of the puppies that they had at the farm in Wales where Cheser and Badger live.

Cutie black labs!

Someone else post piccies of their horsies!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great pictures!!!
You're riding center gives me a headache!!

Dan is a cute horse too! I really like Tide too!

(you said post pictures!
)

A horse my little sis had for a short while, she was really aggressive. She charged at me twice in the pasture, a terrifying experience! She was in a small mud lot before I got her (you can see her damaged hooves), I'm thinking she was in there so no one could get hurt! They built the fences almost as high as her head....we should have known!!!

My sister was 11 years old in this picture and about 10 minutes later Annie turned into a bucking bronk IN THE SHOW RING! My poor sister was afraid of horses for awhile after that!

I love this one of Annie, she was a gorgeous horse, but she had a horrible attitude. She's a plow horse now!!!
She so diserves it!

A funny picture. My mare will put up with anything. She's great around kids as long as they don't ride her!
And yes that's me on back

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww they are gorgeous!!
I'll have to upload some more (I have loads!) onto Photobucket and post them later...

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, here are a few more for ya!
Some of them are off my phone so they aren't as big.

Starbuck. Now he is around 13 hands!! But I have to admit I am too big for him now, but I have ridden him!

These are a couple of horses who live down the road, I didn't take a shot of their hooves, but if I did you would be disgusted with the owners

Storm is the foal that one of my friends' horses has just had. He's such a sweetie!

Charlie is 18 or 19, is 16.2hh and lives with Dan

This is a foal belonging to one of the horses who live down the road. They all have one. Poor little things will have such a naffy life.

Rhiannon is another one of my friends' horses. She isn't the mommy of Storm, but she's still cute!

aannnd here's Mr. Gorgeous again!