Momma! Come quick!

emeraldsongbird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So, usually Bella wakes me up in the mornings. She hears my alarm, and she comes to meow at me and help me get awake. She's done this since she was VERY young.

But today, my alarm went off several times and she didn't come. I kinda chuckled, cause I knew the reason: I just got a Columbian Tegu, and she was sitting there watching it ALL NIGHT LONG.

Well finally I feel her jump up on the bed. She is meowing frantically, one right after another, and pawing at my face under the covers. When I still wouldn't answer, she sits on my face and meows loudly. So I finally drag my butt outta bed to see what's going on. The Tegu was slowly moving down its long enclosure, and as soon as I got up Bella meowed and ran over to it, then looked at me.

LOL It was the cutest thing EVER. She really is my little protector. She has to inform me of everything that's going on, that's for sure. I just love that baby girl! She completes me

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless. It's so sweet how they wake you up to alert you about something so trivial. Mitzi only wakes me up for one thing...FOOD!
She kinda reminds me of "Simon's Cat".

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Arwen will wake me up on the occasional morning just because she feels like it...and it has to be early, 6:30-7:00am is the normal time for her, but it is a pain at weekends or my days off when I want a lie-in!

She gets let in by my dad or my sister in the morning when they go to work, and she will run upstairs to my room..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emeraldsongbird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's so cute. It's the summer time, and Bella still does come wake me up. She has been doing it early in the morning now without the alarm, so she can be petted a little bit, but I cherish that time so much that I let her wake me up and coo at her.

As for the Tegu, it's a little over 2 feet now, mostly tail, and that's as big as it will get. It's just a Columbian, so it doesn't get too big.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EmeraldSongbird

She has been doing it early in the morning now without the alarm, so she can be petted a little bit, but I cherish that time so much that I let her wake me up and coo at her.
That's the only way to wake up.

Bella is such a silly, sweet girl! So nice of her to keep you informed of all the important goings-on in the Tegu world!

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's so cute. It's the summer time, and Bella still does come wake me up. She has been doing it early in the morning now without the alarm, so she can be petted a little bit, but I cherish that time so much that I let her wake me up and coo at her.
That's so sweet! I LOVED waking up mornings and seeing my kitties sitting around patiently waiting for me to wake up ... Warm fuzzy feeling. These days I only wake up to the alarm clock and the dreaded feeling of a workday stretching ahead.

The only times Cassie woke me was when she was going into labour one lazy Sunday morning at around 5 AM (!) and when she just needs the litterbox (I put it downstairs).

emeraldsongbird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww
I thought about that the other day, like, letting Bella roam around all night and not bring her to my room and let her just become a house cat or go outside. But I'm TOOO attached. Way too attached. She's my BABY, and I really think she's bonded to me and knows me as her momma. Maybe if I was living by myself or with my future husband than I could let her be the house cat....

I don't know if all of that made sense. I just have to keep all her stuff in my room and love doing it. I don't want her away from me. I like knowing sometime during the night or morning she's going to wake me up meowing in my face. Yeah, I'm whipped by that little girl.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Awww
I thought about that the other day, like, letting Bella roam around all night and not bring her to my room and let her just become a house cat or go outside. But I'm TOOO attached. Way too attached. She's my BABY, and I really think she's bonded to me and knows me as her momma. Maybe if I was living by myself or with my future husband than I could let her be the house cat....

I don't know if all of that made sense. I just have to keep all her stuff in my room and love doing it. I don't want her away from me. I like knowing sometime during the night or morning she's going to wake me up meowing in my face. Yeah, I'm whipped by that little girl.
I know how you feel about her being your baby
! Oh definitely don't make her an outdoor kitty, she's probably too used to life indoors, she may get into trouble. How many members do you have in your family? She's not close to anyone else but you?

emeraldsongbird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There's five of us living here permanently, and my big brother comes home from college every few months. She is friendly to other people, but she doesn't bond with them like she does with me. She knows who her meowmy is
Which I like. She only listens to me, and she only is REALLY affectionate with me. She is MY cat, after all
I like it that way. She's become real close to my sister's puppy, though. They hug and wrestle and stuff, it's pretty adorable.

purrrplej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Murray likes to help me wake up, too. Often, he so kindly (I say sarcastically) "anticipates" the alarm by, say, a half-hour or an hour just to make sure I'm up in time. Several weeks ago, I didn't hear my alarm (slept with earplugs in), and Murray tried valiantly to rouse me, but I was out like a light. I woke up just enough to know he was trying to get my attention, but not awake enough to actually get up and hear the alarm.

As for Simba, he wakes my mom up every morning at about 5:30, without fail. That's when she used to get up for work, so he got in the habit of her being up at that time. Now that she's retired and can sleep in however late she wants, Simba still won't let her rest - he still thinks she needs to get up at 5:30.

emeraldsongbird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
purrrplej;2364428 said:
Murray likes to help me wake up, too. Often, he so kindly (I say sarcastically) "anticipates" the alarm by, say, a half-hour or an hour just to make sure I'm up in time. Several weeks ago, I didn't hear my alarm (slept with earplugs in), and Murray tried valiantly to rouse me, but I was out like a light. I woke up just enough to know he was trying to get my attention, but not awake enough to actually get up and hear the alarm.
QUOTE]

LOL Love that. I think I've told this story before, but on the way to Georgia, to move here, we stayed in a hotel. My sister slept in a twin with me while our mom took the other one. Well, Bella, as is our ritual, climbed up on my chest in the middle of the night and starts meowing and wanting her meowmy time. So, as USUAL, I started petting her and cooing at her and telling her how beautiful she is and how lucky I am to be her meowmy... my sister didn't find this amusing at ALL. lol