Should I call?

algebrapro18

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cable has been cutting out for about for about 2-3 weeks and its really starting to irritate me. I pay about 300 dollars a month to these guys for sluggish internet and cable that cuts out. Anything other than standard channels goes completely out and the standard channels get really unclear but don't go out. I lost signal for about 30 minutes tonight and was about to pick up the phone and ream someone a new one when the picture and sound finally came back. It cut in and out for the first 15 minutes after coming back on and its back on now but I am still wondering if I should say something. I pay my bill on time every month so I shouldn't have to put up with this stuff. Some times fox(a standard channal) has the picture cut out but the sound still remains but changing the channel and then changing back fixes that problem.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't believe you are paying that much!!!
For that price I would be on the phone immediately.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I pay only about $100 per month for my phone bill, internet, and cable. ATT U-verse is about that much, too.

Yeah, I'd call and complain. Every time it happens, I'd call and complain.

mbrcpr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow that's an outragous cable bill! I pay $71 for extended basic cable and internet.

And yeah, call and complain EVERY time. There's no excuse for that, especially at the price you're paying!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

algebrapro18

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I tried calling and they said to call back durring normal business hours...I just about threw the phone though the window. It did it just as the end of my reality show was on...I missed the elimination. I am for sure calling tomorrow and YELLING at who ever picks up the phone. And then I might speak to the manager. I would change providers but this is all that services out here.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't yell - most of the people that work in the office and take the calls have absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the service you get. I'm sure they get abused enough from customers.

Call and politely inform them that you're very unhappy with your service, both the quality and the lack there of that you're paying so much for. Maybe if you're lucky you can get a month free - use it to look around for better broadband and consider satalite.
DH and I have cable internet and Direct tv - while it's two separate bills and both are a little higher then I'd like it's only because we've chosen a higher bandwidth package and DH wanted ShowTime.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Don't yell - most of the people that work in the office and take the calls have absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the service you get. I'm sure they get abused enough from customers.
i have DSL for internet & DirectTV for television. other than the fact that i usually lose some channels during major storms, i'm quite pleased!
DSL/phone is $70 & the DirectTV is $55, so total is $. i'd def research to see if you could find something cheaper than what you're currently paying!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dumped Cable a long time ago. We have Direct Tv also. We have Clear Wire and Att Dsl for Internet. we had a fight with the cable compnay years ago. We saw lightening hit the pole and out internet went out. We called and they blamed it on our equipment. We were fighting them for 3 weeks then a guy came checked the pole the lightening hit and it was fixed. They were dumped after that. We had Dish Network after that and now have Direct Tv. Both of them are way better then cable. Even my Dad has a Dish and he worked for a cable company for over 40 years. We pay 104 for Direct but we have the best package. The Att Dsl and Phone are on one bill and its 67 for that depending how much we call long distance. The ClearWire is 35 but we can take that anywhere we go.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like the same problem we are having with our internet. It reconnects itself about every 4-6 minutes... its annoying. Plus we cant play any of our games online because it just bumps us so often...

Call and complain lots!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

Sounds like the same problem we are having with our internet. It reconnects itself about every 4-6 minutes... its annoying. Plus we cant play any of our games online because it just bumps us so often...

Call and complain lots!
DH and I had that problem with the cable here a little over 5 years ago. Turns out it was a faulty modem. Have you tried replacing that? Checked the line itself for damage or replaced any splitters on the line?
Two reason I know that our old modem was bad - it got too hot and when it was working our speeds were amazing! I don't think it was properly remembering their cap settings.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

DH and I had that problem with the cable here a little over 5 years ago. Turns out it was a faulty modem. Have you tried replacing that? Checked the line itself for damage or replaced any splitters on the line?
Two reason I know that our old modem was bad - it got too hot and when it was working our speeds were amazing! I don't think it was properly remembering their cap settings.
they've been here twice this month and checked it... I think its just the fact that charter is horrible

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

they've been here twice this month and checked it... I think its just the fact that charter is horrible
Oh it was the same way with our ISP. They couldn't figure out what was wrong at all, it was our suggestion to try changing modems. No one there knew or thought that would have any effect. The people working on the lines only know the basics - replace the line, splitters, plug the modem in to see if it can get a connection. Those at the office down town know even less about the actual service and just handle the account work. And don't dare call tech support, they're useless too!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by algebrapro18

I am for sure calling tomorrow and YELLING at who ever picks up the phone.
One piece of advice from someone who's a receptionist, yelling get's you no where. If any customer yells at me i've been known to say unless they can speak to me in a civilised manner then i'm hanging up!.

If anything it get's your problem put at the bottom of the pile.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
$300 per month???

Definitely call! Also call around and see if you can get a cheaper package from someone else!

I pay $150 for cable (several channel packages), DSL and a land line.