Changing User-name Font/Color Question

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking of changing the font/color of my user-name, but knowing me, I'll probably louse it up!
I've heard that it can be complicated.
If I do louse it up, can it be corrected by a mod w/o losing any points?

Just curious..

Tiff

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I'm thinking of changing the font/color of my user-name, but knowing me, I'll probably louse it up!
I've heard that it can be complicated.
If I do louse it up, can it be corrected by a mod w/o losing any points?

Just curious..

Tiff
yes. there's a long list of applicable fonts & colors to help here: !!MUST READ!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
If you really mess up, contact a supermod for help, as they're the ones who can return points, etc.. That would be DawnofSierra/Stephanie, gayef/Gaye or valanhb/Heidi. And - be aware that some of the changes, like shadows and glows, are only visible to those who use Internet Explorer. The link Laureen provided is a big help, as are the ones in the first post in this thread: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=166846, as katachtig/Jana has provided screenshots and detailed instructions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the input, Peeps.

I've read that thread before, but I got kinda confused (imagine THAT!
). But I'll re-read it again, and give it a shot -- after my head clears, and I get rid of this headache!

Tiff

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
this is how i do it, btw: click on most sold from the shop menu. it'll list items, in order [you'll probably have to scroll, page thru, etc.] until you get to the username color section. then click on color username or font username [or whatever it's called - i can't see it anymore due to vBulletin issues!]. when you click, it takes you to the purchase page [assuming you have enough points to purchase the change - make sure they're not still in the bank!]. then type in either the font or color name, & click on purchase. should work. the previous link has info relating to spacing, etc.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

this is how i do it, btw: click on most sold from the shop menu. it'll list items, in order [you'll probably have to scroll, page thru, etc.] until you get to the username color section. then click on color username or font username [or whatever it's called - i can't see it anymore due to vBulletin issues!]. when you click, it takes you to the purchase page [assuming you have enough points to purchase the change - make sure they're not still in the bank!]. then type in either the font or color name, & click on purchase. should work. the previous link has info relating to spacing, etc.
Thanks, Laureen.
I'm sure I'll muddle through it if I try hard enough..

Tiff

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another question:

If I change my user-name font/color, does that also apply to what I have posted below my user-name? Or is that separate? And if I change the user-name, will that affect what's below it in any way? (in other words, will it change what I've written to something else?).

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Another question:

If I change my user-name font/color, does that also apply to what I have posted below my user-name? Or is that separate? And if I change the user-name, will that affect what's below it in any way? (in other words, will it change what I've written to something else?).
No, you will need to purchase User Title Options separately. Changing the Font or Color of the font in your user name sill not change what's underneath of it.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

No, you will need to purchase User Title Options separately. Changing the Font or Color of the font in your user name sill not change what's underneath of it.
Gotcha! Thanks!

Just one more question (hopefully!). If I change the title in any way, can I still change what it says at any time I want to, w/o the color/font being affected?

Thanks again for all your input/help and patience, peeps!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay I lied.
How do I get that "shadowy" look? Do I just type in the word shadow in the appropriate place?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

Okay I lied.
How do I get that "shadowy" look? Do I just type in the word shadow in the appropriate place?
You will need to purchase that separately. This is the link to that part of the FAQ.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Another question:

color/font is separate from info. info is set in UserCP.
the shadow [i think] is listed under username shadow, under most sold, like the others. colors are the same as those offered for the username & title. same thing w/glows.
i recommend looking at all of the peeps usernames/titles who have purchased shadows & glows. i thought i wanted a glow, but i really wanted a shadow!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

You will need to purchase that separately. This is the link to that part of the FAQ.
I think I'm figuring it out as I go along. Thanks again everyone for all your help!

Tiff

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
If there is something that can help the FAQ, let me know so I can make it easier for someone else.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

If there is something that can help the FAQ, let me know so I can make it easier for someone else.
If I can think of anything, I'll be happy to let you know!
It was actually really easy, and as you can see, I did it w/o wasting any points!

Tiff