Devistating news...my cousin just lost another baby.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My whole family is so sad right now. We just found out a little while ago that my poor cousin, Christie lost her baby
This is the second time in less than two years that she has lost a prescious little one.

She was only about 3 months along. We knew it was early and all, but were still excited. They don't know what caused the baby to die. Christie went in for a regular check up and they said they couldn't find a heart beat. Another ultrasound confirmed the worst. The doctors are not sure what happened. Christie has not "passed" the little one yet, so if she has not done so by Tuesday, they are going to do a d&c. If Christie "passes" the baby before Tuesday she's supposed to bring it and the placenta to the doctor for an autopsey, and if she doesn't and needs a d&c on Tuesday- they will do an autopsey then afterwards to try and find out why she lost this little one and if it is related to the last one she lost.
Sometimes when a person looses a baby that early along, it's just the bodys way of taking care of a baby that's not developing properly- but it could be something else also, so we just don't know. Hopefully the autopsey will give us some answers.

Please pray for my family right now. We were all cautiously optimistic with this pregnancy, but once again, my poor Cousin has lost yet another little one. Her two older kids are really sad right now too, understandably. This would have been the first surviving baby between her and her husband Clayton. (it would have been his first baby, Christie has two older children from a previous marriage.)

Another sad thing is right now i can't go see them eithor
They live in Oklahoma and we live in Tennessee, so right now i hate that i can't be closer to be there for them. I'm going to put together a little care package for them though this week to hopefully help their spirits just a little....i know it won't help with the pain- but it might make them feel a little bit better maybe.

(This is the story of the first little angel that they lost) http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...;27s+baby+died

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that is devastating!

I'm so sorry to hear that...
for her and her family, and that they all pull through this. I don't think I could handle that. My heart is breaking for her and them!

RIP precious little angel, you can play with your other little sibling now.
Know that you are loved dearly and will never be forgotten!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no Nikki
This is so sad, it could be genetic with her DH, I bet they will have genetic counseling, considering she has 2 other babies no problem. Bless their hearts

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prayers for her. my Cousin lost 7 Babies then lost her girl when she was 9 months preg. She did have Jesse after that. I hope she will be able to have another baby.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorrry for your family's loss.
I hope the autopsy brings some answers. Especially if it could help in the future.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nikki,

I am so very sorry, I really understand due to a situation in my family right now, but that is for a pm only, and I do not mean to hijack your thread.

Saying prayers for her as she goes through grieving this loss.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for all of the support and prayers. My family appreciates it. I'll keep you guys updated when i find out about the autopsey and all once they do that. Hopefully we will find out some answers.
In the mean time i am planning to run out tomorrow and maybe put a little care package together for Christie and the other ones to try and help a bit. I just can't imagine how hard this is for them. They wanted that little one so much

Originally Posted by Bella713

Oh no Nikki
This is so sad, it could be genetic with her DH, I bet they will have genetic counseling, considering she has 2 other babies no problem. Bless their hearts
I'm not sure if it's genetic or not. Hopefully they tests will give some insight. Now what they said about Savanna, the last little one she lost was that Christie had low amneotic (sp?) fluid and that she was not getting enough nutrients through the placenta (which is why she only weighed around 8 oz when she should have been much larger at her age. She lost weight rapidly because my cousin had a check up a week before that and she was developing fine, but then she went in the next week for another check up and the baby was in distress and dying. They did an emergency c-section and delivered her...the little one only lived a few minutes before she passed in their arms.
I thought that they had done an autopsey on Savanna, but when i asked my sister tonight, she said they had not had one and went by what the doctors had said. I wish they would have done one on her. I think maybe they missed something that could be related to why this little one passed as well....but i dunno, i could totally be wrong and it could be something else. We think it may just be Christie's little body, but it could be a combination of her and Clayton- who knows! One thing to mention though- Christie did not have easy pregnancies with her first two children eithor, but the complications were nowhere near what they've been with the last two she's lost. We know that she can get pregnant, but we don't know what she can't carry to term and keeps loosing them- so hopefully the autopsey on this little one will offer up some clues.

The baby at this size will be very tiny, so they won't be able to tell as much from it as they maybe could have from a more developed little one- but they are going to disect the tissue and the placenta, etc and all -hopefully they'll find the answers they need from that to give them a little peace maybe.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys
I'm going to call my aunt tomorrow and see how my cousin's doing and if she's up to me calling her. My aunt lives here in TN with us, so i may see if she's planning to go to Oklahoma anytime soon (if she can get off work.) If she does, i may try and go with her and help out for a bit. I just wish i could be closer to them, i hate that this happened.

In the mean time though, i guess i'm just kind of trying to figure out what to put together to send to them. I was thinking i'd send Christie a few of my favorite things that always cheer me up - a favorite candle, home made cookies, little things like that - maybe they'll make her feel just an ounce better.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honey, I just replied to your other thread, and came back here again to say I am so sorry. If it was that early in the pregnacy it usually means it is something with the baby and not anything the mother did wrong. That doesn't make it easier, I know.

Hopefully the autopsy will figure out what the problem is. If this was their first baby together, it probably was just a fluke and nothing is wrong with either one of them. How old is your cousin?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I´m really so sorry Dear Nikki...

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
For her and DH...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Honey, I just replied to your other thread, and came back here again to say I am so sorry. If it was that early in the pregnacy it usually means it is something with the baby and not anything the mother did wrong. That doesn't make it easier, I know.

Hopefully the autopsy will figure out what the problem is. If this was their first baby together, it probably was just a fluke and nothing is wrong with either one of them. How old is your cousin?
This would have been her 4th pregnancy. She has two children from a previous marriage. She had another pregnancy less than two years ago with her new husband and they lost that little one. The new little one she lost is the second baby she has lost in two yrs.

I believe Christie is 30, so she's not at an advanced maternal age or anything yet, but her body could just be changing,or not tolerating carrying a pregnancy. I don't know.

It's definitely true that so early on, it could have just been her body taking care of a pregnancy that wasn't developing properly- but we're wondering if it could also be something with Christie's body since this is the second time. Hopefully though one way or another the autopsey will give us some answers and possibly offer her some comfort.

I tried to call my aunt a little while ago but was unable to reach her, so i'll try again tonight and see if i can get any updates. Thanks again everyone for all of the prayers and vibes

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear such sad news.
I hope the docs can figure out what's going on, and hopefully do something to correct the situation..

If they come to find out that she can't carry a baby full term, has she ever considered adopting? There are a lot of orphans in the world who would benefit from having a loving home & family..

~KK~

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I'm so sorry to hear such sad news.
I hope the docs can figure out what's going on, and hopefully do something to correct the situation..

If they come to find out that she can't carry a baby full term, has she ever considered adopting? There are a lot of orphans in the world who would benefit from having a loving home & family..

~KK~
I'm sure that will probably come up if it's determined they can't carry a baby. I know most of my family is really pro- adoption. So i'm pretty sure that would be a very welcome idea to them, but i'm not sure if they're going to want to try again for a while or want to deal with the heartache and trouble of adoption, it is very hard, unfortunately.

Hopefully in time they'll figure out the right choice for them. They already have two children, but i know they wanted one more -so maybe if she can't have anymore they might could adopt. Whatever they decide, we'll definitely stand by them and help them whatever way we can.

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear of your Cousin's loss. The waiting for these next few days has to be extremely emotionally traumatic on top of knowing the baby has already died. I am in tears just thinking about it.

If they already haven't, make sure they have your cousin get tested for an autoimmune disease known as antiphospholipid syndrome. This is associated with anti-cardiolipin antibodies. This can cause miscarriages and spontaneous abortions in the women who have it. It would be one reason she is able to become pregnant but has difficulty going full term.

Sending lots of love your family's way.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i'm soooo sorry for her loss honestly for all your loss
she is in my prayers and RIP to the poor little one