I'm getting another tattoo!!!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so excited about it too!

I'm going tonight to a high school friend who opened his open shop and he is going to give me a great deal!!

I don't know which one I want tho..

Well, Brandon and I are actually getting matching tattoos.. Ying-Yangs.
Don't worry.... no names

We're thinking about either both doing a full ying yang or we each get half... not sure

If we split up (God forbid) then we could have the halves filled in... and if it's a full then nothing would need to be done.....

I'm excited though!!!!

Any cool suggestions for ying yangs?

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I kind of like the ones that look like a sun like http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...-watashe-4.jpg or http://tattoo.about.com/library/grap...ratlizards.jpg

I also just saw some with dragons around them I liked (but I like dragons). There was also one with dolphins around it seen here http://z.about.com/d/tattoo/1/0/e/m/tat2yinyang.jpg

I don't have any tattoos but I really want an Opeth one. Not many people have them. But anyway it looks like this http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5143/tattisfo4.jpg They use it on all of their album covers for their name. Would be much, much cooler than my boyfriends Metallica ninja star tattoo in my opinion LOL.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fuzzles

I kind of like the ones that look like a sun like http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...-watashe-4.jpg or http://tattoo.about.com/library/grap...ratlizards.jpg

I also just saw some with dragons around them I liked (but I like dragons). There was also one with dolphins around it seen here http://z.about.com/d/tattoo/1/0/e/m/tat2yinyang.jpg

I don't have any tattoos but I really want an Opeth one. Not many people have them. But anyway it looks like this http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5143/tattisfo4.jpg They use it on all of their album covers for their name. Would be much, much cooler than my boyfriends Metallica ninja star tattoo in my opinion LOL.
I like those!

We both like dragons and ying yangs.... ying yangs are kinda our "thing"

I know this is T-Shirt but I really like it.....http://shop.cafepress.com/design/3098870

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe you could print out that picture or try and get them to create something like that for you. I really like that one too. There was another one I saw with a tiger on one side and a dragon on the other that looked cool too.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

I like those!

We both like dragons and ying yangs.... ying yangs are kinda our "thing"

I know this is T-Shirt but I really like it.....http://shop.cafepress.com/design/3098870
I really like the design on that t-shirt! If you like it, I would print it out and take it to him and see if he could do something similar. That would be a really cool tattoo!

I require that you provide pics after you get it!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds awesome!
A friend of mine has a ying yang with flames around it on her hip.

That is also a great idea to show your connection to one another, without names
I have a griffin tattoo (my married last name), and DH has a sun with my initials in the middle (but it could be filled in easily, as it is an all-black tribal sun. He got a sun because he said his world revolves around me
)

Have fun! I cant wait to get my next tattoo. A dragonfly, as a tribute to my darling RB baby Monte, who brought me a dragonfly a week before he was killed.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Ooooo yay! I have two tats and although I think I'm done, they're definitely addictive! Mine are each on the outsides of my ankles - left ankle is one of Penn State's logos (the 5 toe paw print) and it's blue and white and the right ankle is the breast cancer ribbon with a red rose wrapped within it as a tribute to my mom - she's a breast cancer survivor and my dad's nickname for her is "rosebud"

For the breast cancer one, I found the flash for it that I REALLY liked on an online site, but I didn't want to pay whatever the crazy amount was to print it out... so I tilted my flat screen monitor back and lightly traced the outline of the flash (minus the actual rose flower - I wanted a bud, not an open rose)... I took the outline (which I perfected a couple of times and then sharpied) on paper to the parlor and the artist agreed to draw the rose bud and do all the shading at no extra cost... it turned out perfect and my mom cried when I showed her

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you both like dragons why not ask the artist to draw up a 'yin-yang' with dragons, maybe coiled around each other into a circle, one black one light or somesuch?

Then no one else would have it.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Forensic

If you both like dragons why not ask the artist to draw up a 'yin-yang' with dragons, maybe coiled around each other into a circle, one black one light or somesuch?

Then no one else would have it.
Thats what we had him do

What do ya'll think?

Even Deacon got one!

kernil

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh their gorgeous! I love them!

Dont know if I'll ever get one though, I never really liked the idea of never being able to take it off. Maybe I'll stick with the lick-and-stick kind too
Hmmm....maybe I'll go try getting some of that Henna stuff too though, its much more permanent but disappears after like 2 weeks, and its such a pretty brown color

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Yay I like them!

Originally Posted by Kernil

Dont know if I'll ever get one though, I never really liked the idea of never being able to take it off.
This definitely was a thought of mine too - but I know I will never regret/not want the ones I got... like they both mean something to me, I didn't just go "oh a tattoo would be cool, I'll get this random thing" lol I also chose my ankles since they're easy to hide (ie: I wear pants suits to interviews) and it's not a place that will stretch a whole lot (like I specifically didn't choose my hip since I want to have kids)... I had wanted to get the breast cancer one on like the front of my ankle/top of my foot and the artist suggested against it since that area stretches as you walk and I also regularly stretch my feet/legs with toe points because I have stress fractures in my shins (boo
)

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10

Yay I like them!

This definitely was a thought of mine too - but I know I will never regret/not want the ones I got... like they both mean something to me, I didn't just go "oh a tattoo would be cool, I'll get this random thing" lol I also chose my ankles since they're easy to hide (ie: I wear pants suits to interviews) and it's not a place that will stretch a whole lot (like I specifically didn't choose my hip since I want to have kids)... I had wanted to get the breast cancer one on like the front of my ankle/top of my foot and the artist suggested against it since that area stretches as you walk and I also regularly stretch my feet/legs with toe points because I have stress fractures in my shins (boo
)
This makes #4 for me and #3 for Brandon.
Each one of my tattoos have a special meaning.
I find one I like and wait for a couple of months to make sure it's what I want.

Also, with this one if Brandon and I ever split up, it can be easily redone to make the whole ying yang

This is what he drew for us except we had the tiny heart on mine filled in with ice blue and the white on his shaded with ice blue

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweet!!! What number is this one?!!! I stopped at three, although it's been really hard to stop there!

You HAVE to post pictures when you get it done!

Edit: you answered my question already! Can't wait to see it on your skin! It will be awesome!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is awesome! I love it
Such an original design too, with the heart-shaped ying-yang and dragon wings.

DH says he needs to catch up to me before I "can" get another

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Sweet!!! What number is this one?!!! I stopped at three, although it's been really hard to stop there!

You HAVE to post pictures when you get it done!

Edit: you answered my question already! Can't wait to see it on your skin! It will be awesome!
I posted pics

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

That is awesome! I love it
Such an original design too, with the heart-shaped ying-yang and dragon wings.

DH says he needs to catch up to me before I "can" get another
Let me tell ya, it's less then 24hrs later and I want another one

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10

I know I will never regret/not want the ones I got... like they both mean something to me, I didn't just go "oh a tattoo would be cool, I'll get this random thing" lol I also chose my ankles since they're easy to hide (ie: I wear pants suits to interviews) and it's not a place that will stretch a whole lot .
that's also where i chose to place mine... just above my right ankle. i wear pants to work almost all of the time, so it rarely shows - unless i want it to [like in capris or shorts]. i'd wanted a tat for many, many years - but waited until there was something momentous to celebrate - plus, i didn't like any flash i'd ever seen. i found an artist who created one for me that i simply love.
i think yours are great! nice combo!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

that's also where i chose to place mine... just above my right ankle. i wear pants to work almost all of the time, so it rarely shows - unless i want it to [like in capris or shorts]. i'd wanted a tat for many, many years - but waited until there was something momentous to celebrate - plus, i didn't like any flash i'd ever seen. i found an artist who created one for me that i simply love.
i think yours are great! nice combo!
The funny part is I'm only 5'3" and Brandon is 6' tall
So they don't exactly match up unless he stoops down