I got hit by a drunk driver tonight!

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There I am, on my way home from shopping (I was an hour away from home)
driving down interstate....when out of nowhere BOOM!It totally freaked me out He just side swiped me and then kept going.....after I got my phone and called 911, I realized my car was still driveable, so I took off trying to see if I could see him and get his liscense
#! He was darting in and out of traffic, he went into the median and people were stopping to get out of his way, then he took off again! and about 2 miles later he stops in the middle of the interstate turned sideways and just sat there! Then he took off again across the median, and back the other way!
Luckily I was still talking to the police, I gave them a decription of his truck and they did stop him and took him to jail,meanwhile my car is messed up, I'm so thankful that I am not hurt to bad, but my body is starting to hurt and I have a huge headache! What a jerk! I'm so luckily they caught him!!I did have a really cute police officer come to my rescue
Monique

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh man, how scary!!!!! Good on you for chasing him down and getting his details - I'm glad you could! Make sure you press charges (and see a doctor) - that lunatic needs to be taught a lesson!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Oh man, how scary!!!!! Good on you for chasing him down and getting his details - I'm glad you could! Make sure you press charges (and see a doctor) - that lunatic needs to be taught a lesson!
glad to hear you're ok & the officer was cute - way to see the bright side!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im so glad you're physcically okay but what about mentally?? Are you okay babe?? I love ya, give me a call if need be!! :HUGS:

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank goodness you are OK! How scary!
I would go see a doctor, even if you feel OK, injuries don't always present themselves right away after an accident. Also if there is (god forbid) something wrong you have documentation of that now, makes good legal sence.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
please please please go to a doctor and make sure everything is treated. And be sure to press charges so this JERK can go to jail.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Renovia

please please please go to a doctor and make sure everything is treated. And be sure to press charges so this JERK can go to jail.

I agree. It is a good idea to go to the Dr just to make sure that nothing is seriously wrong.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The way he was driving, it's a miracle he didn't kill someone. But you're the lady who's going to put him in jail and -- I hope -- take his license away for a good long time! Good work!

(And yes, do see the doctor!)

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I hope you are feeling better today, but you will be sore and shakey driving for a while.
When I was in my accident years ago everytime I got close to that intersection I slowed down and my heart would race.
Hopefully the police arrested him for DUI. Did you get any insurance info from the police??
You should see doc just in case as your body will be having a delayed reaction due to all the adrenaline pumping in your system yesterday.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is scary, I am so glad you're alright. If you still feel sore, you should probably get checked out. Sometime the shock of everything hides pain. Thankful they got this guy

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank goodness you're ok
Just to be safe though you really ought to go to the doctor- sometimes whip lash and other damage can show up hours later. I'm sorry about last night
Hopefully this guy will get what he deserves!