Do your Cats Have Middle Names?

luvmyfurbabys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For some reason my Cats ( and the Dog too ) have middle names.

Zeus Nicholas - Zeus was the name he came with Nicholas was because he came to us on Christmas.

Patches Peanutbutter - Patches because thats what my husband named her and peanutbutter because of her colors , she looks like a mushed up peanutbutter cup.

Bellah Serra - Her name at Maine Coon Rescue was "momma" but when I saw her I said she was Bellah my husband added Serra ... together the names mean " Beautiful Night ".

Serena - doesn't have a middle name yet but her first name was based on Bellah's middle name.

Grace - Came with that name but I like it... our daughter Amanda's middle name is Hope . When I had my last child 2 years ago if he had been a girl his middle name would have been Grace. My husband thinks Grace's middle name should be Belle . Another play on Bellah's name.

Is this common to give the cat a middle name?

x0fantasy_

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Both of my babies do!

Jellow Cakes
and
Khi Rollz....

With Khi though..i almost wanna call her KHI ROSE
just the way I say it it sounds that way

x0fantasy_

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine do

Jellow Cakes
and
Khi Rollz

I almost wanna call her Khi Rose, just the way it sounds when i say it

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ginger is Ginger Snap, Cindy is Miss Cindy Lou Who. Does "Stop scratching the chair!" count as a middle name?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
don't know if it's common... but mine all have them. Cable actually has 2 - she just acquired a new one!
Pixel Pattern
Chip Schuyler
Cable Elizabeth Quivertail
Java Susan
Firefox 'PuterBug
i call Java "Java Susan" quite often. otherwise, only Firefox hears hers - her 'call name' is actually her 2nd name, & it's also the name on her tag. she doesn't even know what her 1st name is,

kernil

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Both of mine have them!

Sasha Darlene--Darlene is the same as mine, since my mother ended up giving her her first name, we decided that she would share my second! Then again, it is mianly for show as she never hears it.

Zorro Zeus-Zorro got his first name since he is 1/2 Siamese, so has a very beautiful mask on his face. He got the name Zeus because a) It is one of the few names that also starts with a Z, and b) Even as a kitten, he was so kingly and demanding that you would think he was king of the gods, even now he still likes to use his little strut, demand attention at certain times, and take over whatever piece of furniture he so desires as his throne. He hears it a little, though always with his first too so he knows I'm talking to him

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mitzi's middle names tend to just be her nicknames...

So her full name is...

Mitzi Itzi Bitzi Weenie Ween Wenn Tiggy Cheechy Pookita Spoon Shrewball

There is a LOT more, but it would take forever to write them all down, and half the time they are rude!

katkat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yep, mine does, Angel Katkat. 'Angel' because she's sweet, and 'Katkat' because ...well, she's just such a cat. we just call her Katkat though.

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Both of my cats have middle AND last names. and i dont think its weird. Most people consider their animals to be their children and part of the family, so why shouldnt they have full names like everyone else?

Monsters full name is Monster Michael Rein- Michael is my BF's(his daddy's) first name and Rein is my bf's last name

Mittens full name is Mittens Mooch Rein- Mooch bc well, she is the queen of mooches, and Rein bc its my bf's last name.

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KiTTYL0VE4

Both of my cats have middle AND last names. and i dont think its weird. Most people consider their animals to be their children and part of the family, so why shouldnt they have full names like everyone else?
My guys have middle and last names, too. Oliver's full name is Oliver Jake Donovan, Rocky's is Rocky Elwood Donovan. Both their middle names come from "The Blues Brothers," one of my favorite movies.

Miles
one of the cats my mom had when we were growing up, had several middle names. His full name was Miles Stinky Sinky Standish Silverburg Davis Donovan.

rushrulz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine have the same middle name (and last name, of course)--Neko ("cat" in Japanese).

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of coarse they have middle names, how else would you yell at them when they are naughty?

Levi Aaron
Jordan Noha
Isaac Abner
Magdaline Marie (AKA Maggie)

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They have registered middle names but the names we call them are just silly stuff

Sparky is Sparkling Kahlua, we call her Sparkle Arkle
Lani is Princess Kalani, we call her Lani Kalani

Our dogs get in the act to:
Dillon: Dilly Dog

Chase: Chaser Baby
It wouldn't be much fun if we couldn't be silly with them

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All three of my cats have middle initials &/or names and plenty of nicknames:

Rocket J. Squirrel "Rocky" AKA Rocket J.
Bullwinkle J. Moose "Moose" AKA Meeshka Mooshka
Lucy Lu AKA Missy, Missy Kitty, Missy Lucy Lu, Little Pet Shop Girl, Pet Shop Kitty

roobear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmyfurbabys

For some reason my Cats ( and the Dog too ) have middle names.

Zeus Nicholas - Zeus was the name he came with Nicholas was because he came to us on Christmas.

Patches Peanutbutter - Patches because thats what my husband named her and peanutbutter because of her colors , she looks like a mushed up peanutbutter cup.

Bellah Serra - Her name at Maine Coon Rescue was "momma" but when I saw her I said she was Bellah my husband added Serra ... together the names mean " Beautiful Night ".

Serena - doesn't have a middle name yet but her first name was based on Bellah's middle name.

Grace - Came with that name but I like it... our daughter Amanda's middle name is Hope . When I had my last child 2 years ago if he had been a girl his middle name would have been Grace. My husband thinks Grace's middle name should be Belle . Another play on Bellah's name.

Is this common to give the cat a middle name?
My mum used to call Frank, Frank William Prince of Orange, cos he is ginger. Occasionally we joke that Max is short for Maximum trouble, but he's just Maximus really. None of our other cats had middle names.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Capone has one but only because itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s his pet name, we didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t originally give him a full name. His full name is now Mr. Caponey baloney tooth. I guess we also call Bugsy Bugzor tooth. If you have seen 10000 BC we started calling them “tooth†after the saber tooth LOL. And Baloney… well itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s a dorky name and Caponeâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s a dorky cat and it rhymes with Caponey LOL.