Can't stand this heat

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been in the 90s for over a week now, humid too. I can't remember the last time we had rain. I know everyone out in California is dealing with heat and fires, for you guys. So, who else has really hot weather with no rain?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

It's been in the 90s for over a week now, humid too. I can't remember the last time we had rain. I know everyone out in California is dealing with heat and fires, for you guys. So, who else has really hot weather with no rain?
We're having hot weather too. It's high 20's and with the humidity factored in it's more like 35 degrees which translates to about 95 degrees fahrenheit. I hate, hate, hate the hot, humid weather.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweating here in Chicago. 90 degrees, and horrrible humidity. No rain due till tomorrow night, T-storms predicted.
Stupid me decided to make risoto for dinner, good idea, stand there stirring a pan of steaming food for 45 minutes. I look like a damp wash cloth. (turned out good though)

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is cold her 15C Dark clouds are forming, I think there will be another nasty thunderstorm. I wish I fit under the bed with the dog and the cats.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have horribly hot and humid weather here. It's rained the last 3 days though. But its still ickily muggy and feels like a hot wet blanket thrown on you when you walk outside.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is hot here. 30c (86f) and feels like 37c (99f) with the humidity. It is cooling down it was 31 and feels like 39. The weather network says less than 1mm of rain and I doubt it will happen.

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Weve really needed it as well because it's been really muggy like where you are
Not where I am! The weather was pretty naff yesterday. The only good day was Tuesday. And next week is rain, rain rain.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you send some rain here without dry lightening? Our A/C is now broken and I doubt they will fix it because we gave our 30 day notice. I know how you are all feeling in the heat.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been very hot here the last few days, however it's the humidity that is doing me in. You go outside for to long it really makes you feel ill. They are forecasting cooler temps for the weekend so I am Keeping my fingers crossed...

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now it only 71f (22C) but the humidity (87%) and dew point (67F) are high.
But we also have had lots of rain/tstorms this week and continuing through the weekend.

I am not going to work to because of the weather and the wet soils. Yesterday I was sweating within 45 minutes and I was working in the shade!! The day before 4 hrs of work and I think the only dry spots were my socks!! I carry a dish towel on my tool belt and it gets pretty wet.

We also have received 6" of rain at my house so far this month so that is the only bonus to this weather system.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been hot and humid here. It is only supposed to get to 80 degrees today, but it is supposed to rain. We need it badly for the farmers, though. Crops are looking poorly this year, so I guess grocery prices will go up again.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hot and humid here in NYC. My least favorite weather! It makes me grumpy. It's getting up to mid-90's today and tomorrow and Sunday. Yuck.

I'm a perspirer. I start sweating the minute I step outside. So, no matter how dry I am when I leave, I'm dripping by the time I get wherever I'm going....my head and face. Drenched.

So, I try to deal with it and go running in the morning before it's not too bad, but still hot. I come home dripping and I figure that's the hottest I'll be all day.

I need to live in B.C. where mbjerkness lives. I need to live where it's cold all the time. Maybe Iceland. I definitely prefer cold weather. That's something you'll never hear - me complaining about cold weather.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last couple days were hot and humid and miserable here. Today it's a little cooler, but still very humid. We had rain yesterday afternoon and evening.

Our AC isn't really working, so it's off. It smells like mold and sets off my allergies. So I won't run it if they won't fix it.
I am liking the fresh air though. This is the first summer since I lived at home that I haven't run the AC.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm currently in N. California, near the fires. It is hot here, and I can't escape by going indoors because we're doing field work. (Digging holes in which we will drop our instruments.) The hottest day I can remember being out it was 114F. I'm drinking a ton of water and sweating like a beast. Also, I'm super brown in spite of wearing SPF 50 sunscreen and long sleeves!