Seldon is in isolation to help fix is problem.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My vet recommended to me that Seldon be isolated on his own away from the other cats for 2 weeks.
He cries at the door. He cried so much tonight he was hoarse. I went in and cuddled him. My daughter spent time brushing him. He laid in my arms happily while I was in there and then when I left he cried. He has a cat tree, loads of toys and a window. He is on herbs to help curb his spraying. We are taking this time to black light the house. Clean it over and over and spray it down with Feliway.

I noticed he has not sprayed the room he is in. The vet thinks he needs time to regroup, be in his own territory for awhile and to get out of the spraying habit.
If this doesn't work we are doing Prozac.

I know it is for his own good but he is my baby and I hate to see him confused and sad. But my house was getting embarrassing. Other people noticed it.
The other cats are all calmer too. I think his spraying was upsetting their harmony too. Still I hate to hear his cries.

robertm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sometimes you need to do something unpleasant to a cat for a short period of time in order to give that cat and the rest of your household the chance for a much more pleasant future. It seems to me that you are doing the necessary things to get this issue under control. Hopefully simply isolating him will have the effect that you and the vet are hoping for. If not, I see nothing wrong with giving something like Prozac a shot.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had Zane on Prozac for a while--for another problem--and the only result I noticed was that he started eating like a small, furry vaccuum cleaner. Getting the pills into him was a trauma for both of us, too. But YMMV.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RobertM

Sometimes you need to do something unpleasant to a cat for a short period of time in order to give that cat and the rest of your household the chance for a much more pleasant future. It seems to me that you are doing the necessary things to get this issue under control. Hopefully simply isolating him will have the effect that you and the vet are hoping for. If not, I see nothing wrong with giving something like Prozac a shot.
Thank you so much. I find your words very comforting. I was feeling so guilty but you are absolutely correct. I have to do what is best long term. He is not happy about it but something had to be done. It was causing so many problems. Now at least I can clean up properly to make sure it is all gone. Then go out and get those basil plants.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Awww Bless him
and you
It will be over before you know it and Seldon will be just fine
I know. Mary is feeling some relief I can tell. She was being very cold to him. She is a very clean cat and I know spraying is natural I don't think she enjoyed living with his smell everywhere.
I did some black lighting and had to stop because the task is too big for me alone. I will have to get a cleaning service in here to help. He has really saturated some areas. One rug is beyond hope. I just got it a month ago.