I don't want that curl

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to my hairdresser yesterday. She is really good and my hair always looks great.
So, she asks me if we are doing the same thing with my hair and I told her yes because everybody, including me. She said she wanted to do something different and I told her that I didn't want my hair shorter. Just in the back, I'll make a nice wedge and it's summer and you will be cooler. Well, okay.
So, when she finished it looked great!
The back was so cute nice and straight. Then she says that it will curl up and it will look so cute. Wait, straight is cute, not a flip.
Sure enough, woke up this morning and there is this little flip in the back.

So much for cooler in the summer. Now I will have to use a curling iron.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's easily fixable, go back and have her fix it for you. Or someone else.

I hate when people do that, and do something to your hair without permission. I finally gave up and started doing my own. Everyone always wanted to "thin out" my hair. Why on earth would I want that!

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

I hate when people do that, and do something to your hair without permission. I finally gave up and started doing my own. Everyone always wanted to "thin out" my hair. Why on earth would I want that!
The woman who usually does my hair always asks me EVERY time I go in whether I want mine layered. I had it done once and it didn't suit me at all, and it was like 30 pounds extra! Not that I'm being tight, but I prefer my hair to be as it is, long, blonde and dead straight!

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauracatlover

The woman who usually does my hair always asks me EVERY time I go in whether I want mine layered. I had it done once and it didn't suit me at all, and it was like 30 pounds extra! Not that I'm being tight, but I prefer my hair to be as it is, long, blonde and dead straight!
GAH! I hear you ALL! & YES! WHAT IS WITH THE LAYERS??!?! NO Thank you. What is with Short Hair??? No Thank you.

Long, Straight, If I want it short, I'll put it up in a clip

Ya, I started doing my own hair long ago too, when hair dressers started going deaf. LOL!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A great hairdresser is hard to find...but I'm so lucky to have found mine!!! Actually, the woman who cut my hair before was great too, but she left for another state and recommended my current one. I absolutely love her! Then again, I'm less picky about my hair. She sighs when I say, "Eh, whatever." lol

I have yet to come back from an appt and not have tons of compliments.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll be getting my trimmed and colored for our son's wedding in August (actually it will be 2 days before the wedding). I can't get anything fancy done to it because it will have to be washed on Saturady morning before the wedding and I have no one to do anything with it - just me and hubby. I'm debating whether to try and pin it up (simple) cause neither one of us is a hairdresser.

Looking to see if I can find a small little flower barette or something to use

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had my hair cut for over a year when I donated a bunch to locks of love. I have been thinking lately that I want to do something different, but I don't have a good stylist. I was just going to go to the place at Wal-Mart...?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I go to a fairly expensive salon and my stylist has been messing with my hair over 10 years (he has two cats from litters yrs ago!!) I let him do whatever he thinks is best. I started getting hi-lights and color just to jazz things up. I went back to bangs (aka fringe) this January. He know I put up in pony tail daily in summer when working so he does hi-lights that look best when my hair is styled that way.

I'm not saying expensive is better but if you have an Aveda salon in your area-give them a try ($$ but it will be worth it!)

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I go to a fairly expensive salon and my stylist has been messing with my hair over 10 years (he has two cats from litters yrs ago!!) I let him do whatever he thinks is best. I started getting hi-lights and color just to jazz things up. I went back to bangs (aka fringe) this January. He know I put up in pony tail daily in summer when working so he does hi-lights that look best when my hair is styled that way.

I'm not saying expensive is better but if you have an Aveda salon in your area-give them a try ($$ but it will be worth it!)
I happen to have an Aveda school about a block from me, where they do it for less than 20$ but you have to be willing to have one of their students do it. Gah! Everyone who has gone says it's great but I just can't bring myself to trust them.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

I haven't had my hair cut for over a year when I donated a bunch to locks of love. I have been thinking lately that I want to do something different, but I don't have a good stylist. I was just going to go to the place at Wal-Mart...?
If all you want is a shoulder-length blunt-cut, that might be adequate... but the shorter the cut, the more critical it is that it be a good one. Sometimes you can find a good stylist by asking women whose haircuts you admire...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my hairdresser has never given me a cut I didn't like - until yesterday. I think I can live with it because I can't see the back of my head.

For those of you with long hair, what I don't get is that when I was growing up I had long hair and it was perfectly straight. I didn't ever have a little flip to it. Come to think of it, I think that the little wave developed after I had Ben.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last time mine was cut it was by a girl at the salon where I work sometimes doing massages. Not only do I have the stupidest looking hair I have had since high school, she charged me full price, $35. She charged me for a shampoo, cut and blowdry, and I went in with wet hair, she waved her scissors over it, barely cutting anything, and walked away without so much as touching a dryer. I said I wanted it dried if she was going to charge me for it, so she made about 3 passes with the dryer and walked away. We are supposed to be friends. I know she has to make a living, and I didn't expect her to do it for nothing, but she only has to pay half price for massages. My regular guy was not there, but he said he would do it at his house. I want to grow my bangs out, so I wanted a cut to just touch my shoulders, so my bangs won't have so far to go to catch up with my over all length. I want to keep it trimmed up until I can grow it all out one length.