Homedics Massager

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone here have this?

http://www.qfonic.com/homedics-compa...at-p-2355.html

If not, I recommend that you run, not walk, and get one!

I bought mine about 6 years ago and used it frequently for a while (mostly on night shift), and then my back pain cleared up and I put it away. I actually forgot I had it.

My left shoulder and neck have been feeling "impinged" and stiff. I can't afford a chiropractor right now, and ice wasn't really doing anything and it was getting worse.

I have a muscle therapy unit that is similar to TENS therapy that I would normally use, but I ran out of batteries for it. Thinking that a massage would feel so good, I remembered the Homedics massager. I gave myself a 1/2 hour intense massage on high setting and while the pain and stiffness isn't completely gone, it's greatly improved. I can actually turn my head again.

It wasn't relaxing, in fact it was down right painful in spots because the muscle is being hammered on (and I was using the highest setting), but once the knots are worked out, it actually starts to feel nice.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
y'know, if you'd said something about the batteries before i sealed the package - i could've included some of those, too!
i have a HoMedics neck massager that i sometimes use for my headaches [i lay my temple on the massage points instead of my neck]. i like mine, too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

y'know, if you'd said something about the batteries before i sealed the package - i could've included some of those, too!
i have a HoMedics neck massager that i sometimes use for my headaches [i lay my temple on the massage points instead of my neck]. i like mine, too!
I ended up finding some batteries. There were 2 AAA ones stashed at the bottom of the case that I didn't see.

I tried the homedics massager on my head and it was scrambling my brain. I was watching TV at the same time and the picture was looking like waves!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I ended up finding some batteries. There were 2 AAA ones stashed at the bottom of the case that I didn't see.

I tried the homedics massager on my head and it was scrambling my brain. I was watching TV at the same time and the picture was looking like waves!
seriously, tho - sounds kinda cool!
i have loads of triple AAAs around the house - my organizer takes them, & so does my cordless mouse.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a similar one we refer to as the Jackhammer. I love it. I have even used it on massage clients with really tough knots in their muscles.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
We have the same thing, just I think it's the older model (just looks a little different). My mom's back is so horribly knotted that it only gives her a little relief, but I use it sometimes (my mom gets massage therapy like once a month and our therapist is REALLY good, but even she can't completely clear up my mom's back)... I know I saw a video somewhere, I think on Funniest Videos, of a cat that LOVED one of those massagers - Oliver on the other hand will come to inspect something that vibrates (like that thing or the foot bath) but will run away once he like feels the vibration on his whiskers haha

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10

I know I saw a video somewhere, I think on Funniest Videos, of a cat that LOVED one of those massagers - Oliver on the other hand will come to inspect something that vibrates (like that thing or the foot bath) but will run away once he like feels the vibration on his whiskers haha
Abby loves to be massaged. I have another type of massager that has a copper heat plate on it. Quite often before I go to sleep I'll use it on my head or neck. As soon as Abby hears it she's on the bed meowing and giving me full body rubs in the hopes I'll give her a massage. I tried the homedic on her once or twice on the lowest setting and while she enjoyed that for a little while, I think it was too intense for her because she left after a few minutes instead of laying there for 1/2 an hour!

I've never tried giving Chynna a massage. She is not a fan of back scratches or belly rubs. She's more of a paw, head and neck kitty

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I tried the homedic on her once or twice on the lowest setting and while she enjoyed that for a little while, I think it was too intense for her because she left after a few minutes instead of laying there for 1/2 an hour!
I can definitely see the homedics one being too intense for a kitty... I don't have a whole lot of meat on me (though I try!) and I'll sometimes hit a spot the wrong way and it hurts... the kitty on this video I remember though, would force himself between the person and the massager though
I guess it's good Ollie isn't a fan - it would be one more way for me to be his slave if he did like it

My mom used to have (dunno if it's still around) the wooden "Happy Guy" - Bed Bath and Beyond sold them... I used to use it on my black lab (gently of course)... she's much older now (14) and could probably benefit from some Happy Guy-ing, but she's a little more protective of her aching body now (she doesn't bite, but will give a warning snap if you're aggravating an owie spot) , although I do give her some gentle massage just with my hands

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Can I get one in a store here. I have been looking for a Massager.
Sure you can. I bought mine at The Bay. I forget how much I paid for it, something like $50 I think.

My neck and shoulder feel so good today. I kind of went nuts with the massager last night using it on high for as long as I did. It's pretty powerful on high and my muscle and the bone were being pounded on pretty hard. Last night while laying in bed my spine was a bit sore from being pounded on, but today it feels good.

I tried to use it again today but the muscles are tender from being so tense so it actually hurt even on low speed. But the muscle is nicely relaxed and I can't feel any "knots" in it anymore.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have that very same massager. I had to go look on the box and it does say homedics. I found mine at walmart a couple years ago for $20.00. It pounds on my neck pretty bad. I like the little red heat units you can put on it!