Darn Kittens!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're fixin' to be orphans!

This year for Valentine's day, my s/o got me some crystal roses. He normally gets real ones for me, but I told him that even though I love real ones, I don't want them b/c of the cats. I found some really neat crystal ones in a catalog for a good price, and ordered those in place of getting real ones. Last night, the little brats knocked them onto the floor, and shattered them all. I thought I had them in a safe place: I guess not..
They really meant a lot to me, and I can't re-order them b/c I can't find the catalog I got them from. I've been looking for it all morning. I even tried locating online, but to no avail..

Anyone want a kitten??

~KK~

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel, Gus ate the flowers I got for my anniversary. He shreded them all over the livingroom. Dh spent over $100 on them. I thought they were up high enough

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh you know the kitty is on your list for just a short time. Once you get the "I sorry" eyes.. well. I have lost track of how many things have been broken, chewed, destroyed from my furkids over the years, species of all varities.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry about your roses! They sound beautiful.

If you Google Crystal Roses a ton of stuff comes up. I don't know your price range, but there's some real pretty ones.

BTW, just so you know, roses themselves aren't toxic to cats. Baby's Breath is very toxic, however. You can have your roses.
They may get nibbled on, but you can have them.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean! OH how mad it can make a person!

My first cat would knock stuff over out of spite.
I learned to stop buying feminine dainty knick knacks because it isn't worth the mess or the sadness when you lose something you really really like.

Although maybe a curio cabinet would be a good idea! I just thought of that, my Mom has one and keeps her valuable breakables in it. Keeps dust off them too!

My cats now show no signs of destructive tendencies like my first one but one bout of the night crazies and I am sure I would lose something!

They are like kids that way....they'll do something really cute and you'll forget all about it.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

Although maybe a curio cabinet would be a good idea! I just thought of that, my Mom has one and keeps her valuable breakables in it. Keeps dust off them too!
i have a china hutch that i keep all of my valuable breakables in.

mynameis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know how you feel, but no thank you, one kitten is enough for me. haha

emeraldsongbird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do know how you feel. Bella shredded not only my favorite collectible pictures from very old magazines.... but she shredded and ate my STATE MUSIC AWARD that can never be replaced.

I was angry.... but just think for a minute. Those kittens are very special, too! I was so upset, but then when I calmed down and realized that Bella was the cat I'd been dreaming of for all my life, and how much joy she'd brought to it, I realized the material things didn't matter so much to me. That may not be the case for you, I'm just trying to stick up for the little kittens who don't really know any better.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww I'm sorry about your crystal roses breaking. Looks like you'll have to invest in a kitty-prood cabinet of sorts before you get any other breakable stuff. Don't be mad at the kittens though, they're just being kittens - curious and athletic

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by BabyWukong

Don't be mad at the kittens though, they're just being kittens - curious and athletic
Originally Posted by EmeraldSongbird

I realized the material things didn't matter so much to me. That may not be the case for you, I'm just trying to stick up for the little kittens who don't really know any better.
I've lost count how many things i've had broken, but i never leave sentimental things out where they can get to them.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm so sorry about your crystal roses. The only place I have anything is in a closed curio cabinet. There seems to be no place high enough to keep things from a cat.

Originally Posted by valanhb

BTW, just so you know, roses themselves aren't toxic to cats. Baby's Breath is very toxic, however. You can have your roses.
I just have stopped having any flowers in the house because Much will eat them and then start throwing up all over the house.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry about your roses. And I can't help with the kitten.

My cats were a 2-cat destruction team (Raven
and Nabu) when they were 1 1/2 yrs old.
I soon learned to NOT have knick knacks or Breyer horses out. They enjoyed shoving knick knacks off my computer desk. And they damaged more than their share of Breyers (Good thing they are mostly sentimental value for me). My horses are now packed up until we have a place that we can get enclosed shelves.
1 horse took one of the worst beatings--chipped ears, gouges on it's side AND they even made a mark on the wall when it fell! But it's just a plastic horse in the end.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so lucky to have had Cassie. Even though she started out as a feral and came to live with me at a tender age of around 5-6 months, she was an extremely good housecat right from the start. She would never scratch any furniture and was basically gentle with everything around the house.

She later imparted that to her son Wukong, who also never scratched anything since he was a little baby till the day he passed away. The only two casualties occured when they were playing catch with each other.

First casualty was a standing fan which toppled over nearly crushing them beneath it... Fan's still working by the way, just a little dented. And that made a scratch in my floor tile when it fell.

Second casualty was a photoframe which fell and cracked, but was still usable.

Well that said, I would much rather Cassie and Wukong destroy ALL my stuff and get to keep them than have them being such good kitties and yet one had to die and the other had to be given away

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I am so sorry.
I know how you feel. My RB baby, Tosh (about 12 years ago), jumped on the mantle, looked at me and then shoved a wedding present that was a Waterford Crystal Vase to the floor smashing it into a million pieces. Oh I was SO ticked at him.

He was upset at us cause we had been gone for two days.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

I DON'T WANT ANOTHER CAT!!!
ok, now, what catalog were the roses ordered from? oh, & have you tried this one? catalog favorites
I get that catalog. They weren't in there - I checked..

I figured out which catalog they came from by checking my bank statements, which is how I paid for them (debit card). It was the Paragon catalog. I'm gonna call them to see if they still have them. I tried checking online, but their website is screwy..

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

Oh you know the kitty is on your list for just a short time. Once you get the "I sorry" eyes.. well. I have lost track of how many things have been broken, chewed, destroyed from my furkids over the years, species of all varities.
Yeah, I know what you mean.
All they have to do is give me "the look", and I'm a goner..
Even Cassidy, who won't use the litterbox, knows how to get to me..

~KK~

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

If you Google Crystal Roses a ton of stuff comes up. I don't know your price range, but there's some real pretty ones.
Thanks for the tip!
I'll check it out..

Roses may not be toxic, but I still prefer the crystal ones b/c those never die..