Can somebody tell me...

x0fantasy_

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
...If my Jellow will ever be the same ??

After his concussion/seizer....all he does is just lay around and he's starting to play and everything. I know it takes time, but I'm just wondering what to expect.

Does anybody knwo if he'll ever be back to the way he was, bouncin up and down, happy, VERY playful, snuggly??

He used to wake me up every morning to let me know he's hungry with kisses.

I miss him so much!!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it depends on what caused it. My Manx didnt change at all and she had so many. She did drag her back legs for 2 years before she died though but acted the same.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's wrong with your cat?

Most of the time, cats bounce back fairly quickly after they're sick, but it all depends upon what's ailing them..

I don't have any advice to offer, b/c I don't know what's wrong, and I'm certainly no expert. I wish I could help.

I hope your furbie recovers very soon!

~KK~

maxiecat03

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Until you know what he had...injury, seizure, concussion, who know what else....it's hard to know what the recovering will be like.

Any chance of taking him to a Vet in the very near future to try to figure out what happened? You'd have a much better idea if you knew what happened to him.

I hope he's back to his normal self soon...sending some hugs...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maxiecat03

Until you know what he had...injury, seizure, concussion, who know what else....it's hard to know what the recovering will be like.

Any chance of taking him to a Vet in the very near future to try to figure out what happened? You'd have a much better idea if you knew what happened to him.
it's good that you've seen some improvement... in people, recovery from a stroke can be quite long. seizures in people aren't as likely to cause similar problems, unless they're quite long & repetitive... but all individuals are different in both their reactions & recovery times. likewise for concussions [in people]. there's really no way to be sure w/o a vet visit - possibly not even then.

skimble

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that your baby is still not well. I tried to read back over your posts as to what happened. I have worked for a human neurologist for over twenty years and even though we humans are not like animals, it would help your baby to be evaluated by a vet. The videos look like some kind of neurological problem. A vet will be the only one to help find out what is going on and what his future may be like. If it is swelling around the spinal cord that is causing the unsteadiness and loss of motor skills then he could be at risk of more damage. That does not look like a concussion that I see in humans. Were you there when the injury or episode happened? Did your boyfriend pull him from under the couch by one leg, or by his head or tail? When did he bite your boyfriend? While he was still under the couch or was he still pulling him? I do not think bumping his head under the couch could cause this. Please, get to a vet as soon as possible and let them evaluate him. The damage could be permanent or get worse, no way to tell. In the video it doesn't look like he can hold his head up normally and he seems to only have control over the use of the left front leg. He could have a neck injury that is causing problems with his spinal cord nerves. Moving around could make the injury worse. Any injury or neurological episode needs a vet evaluation. Can you set up a payment plan with the vet? I wish I could help....so scary to have this kind of problem. Please keep posting on his condition. I hope you can get him some help. They look so sweet.