Update on Miyah

miyah12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So after letting Miyah be for awhile, and hoping that it was just the after birth as the vet had said, I went in to check on her and I could to little feet sticking out of her. Called the vet back and they bring her in right away.

The vet tried to manually remove the stuck kitten, but to no avail. So she had to go in for an emergency c-section! Turns out that the cat that had got stuck was a still born and there fore her body had quit contracting. She also still had two other kittens in her abdomen. The vet said that is almost never heard of for a cat to have that big of a litter.

Anyhow we are home now and the cats are all doing ok except that Miyah ran straight under the bed and now I can not get her to come out. I am hoping that as the anesthesia starts to wear off more she will come and see her kitties!

Thanks again to everyone for all the advice!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was afraid it was like when Shadow had a dead one in her with infection. I hope she feels better. Where the others dead also. Coco had 3 Kittens and we thought she was done also. Then 12 hours later a dead one came and another dead behind it. I am glad she will be ok.

katch4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww so very sorry to hear about the stillborn kitties but very glad to hear that Miyah is gonna be okay along with the other kits.

I'd love to see pics of thoes little kitties

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Katch4

Aww so very sorry to hear about the stillborn kitties but very glad to hear that Miyah is gonna be okay along with the other kits.

I'd love to see pics of thoes little kitties
11 would be a bit much, tho!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miyah12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Actually there would have been 12 total! I do not know how she ever would have managed that many. I mean already the last one that was born is so so small it can not get to a nipple before the others, so he is now being bottle feed. And as someone who has NO experience with that I think I may jave gone crazy having to bottle feed several kittens!

Thanks again for all the support! Today was such a long hard day(not to mention expensive), but having all the kitties healthy again was so worth it!!!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by miyah12

Thanks again for all the support! Today was such a long hard day(not to mention expensive), but having all the kitties healthy again was so worth it!!!!
for help w/bottle feeding how-tos, etc. look here: hand rearing kittens

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh poor girl. She had a HUGE litter. No wonder some were stillborn. I doubt the body could support them all.
She has her hands full already. I am glad she is alright though.