The X-Files Movie

loreye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Any fans out there? I have been waiting for this moment since the series ended, and it's finally come. Some friends of mine (when the annoucement came about the movie filming in vanouver in december) took a trip to vancouver to do a little stalking. They didn't see anyone or anything, but they managed to find several signs with the movie code on them giving directions to filming spots. They brought some back as souvenirs.

The trailer is on TV all the time now. I finally saw it last week and got uber excited
I made a squeel noise that had my cats looking at me wide-eyed "are you okay?" they wanted to know.

Super huge fan.

here are some of us in vancouver at a site from the series, summer 2006
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...s/DCP_0715.jpg

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm planning to see it. i loved the series until David Duchovny left, & i also enjoyed the 1st theatrical treatment.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ARGH!!! My internet died and lost my response, I hate retyping things, it sounds so stupid the second time!

Basically what I said was ME TOO!! Assuming you mean the second movie, I'm very much looking forward to it! I liked the first one, but it was more like the "conspiracy theory" episodes, and this, last I heard, is supposed to be more like the "monster of the week" episodes, which I like better!

I had recorded all my favorite episodes, so I never bought the DVDs, but recently I started buying them, gotta support them to encourage the second movie, ya know!
I'm only up to season 4... Gotta keep buying!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't realise they were even doing a movie until we saw the trailer while we were at the movies last week! DH is very excited. I also lost interest once David Duchovny left - I loved the first few maybe 4 seasons, then I lost a bit of interest. I loved the quirky episodes, then they all got conspiracy related, and I got bored of them.

I'll definitely be seeing the movie though.

wishiwas

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm definitely looking forward to the movie.
I'm working on trying to con someone into going with me when it comes out! But I'll go alone if I have to.

And I've been whining that my silly little pre-paid phone doesn't let you download ringtones, so I can't get the X-Files theme ringtone they are offering on the website. No one ever calls me, and I never call anyone, so what's the point, right? But it's still sad!

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I liked the series even after David Duchovney left. I am excited for the movie to come out, I hope its good! It'll be a lot of fun to see them back on the screen....hey, I wonder why Dogget and...I forgot the girls name, I wonder why they wont be in it at all. Huh. (just occured to me)

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BelongsToEvie

I had recorded all my favorite episodes, so I never bought the DVDs, but recently I started buying them, gotta support them to encourage the second movie, ya know!
I'm only up to season 4... Gotta keep buying!!
i have a book w/synopses of all of the 1st 4-5 seasons.
i liked the 'monster of the week' ones better, too! it was fun trying to figure out what the "bogeyman" was before they did!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

loreye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am very excited to be seeing the movie with my long time fellow obsessee. We met on a fan forum years ago and discovered we only lived a few hours from each other. We're meeting up two fridays from now (EEEEE).

And if it were not for my being 8 months pregnant, I would be flying to quebec to see the movie with a whole crew of fans (some in the picture with me).

Very excited.... I want a funny t-shirt to wear over my baby bump....something along the line of Mulder's the Father

p.s. my profile picture is me strutting outside the building known as Skinners apartment.
teehee... vancouver was awesome.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BelongsToEvie

ARGH!!! My internet died and lost my response, I hate retyping things, it sounds so stupid the second time!
Hey, consider yourself lucky -- my posts usually sound stupid the FIRST time...

Yes, big fan of the Duchovny period here -- and I didn't even know a movie was coming! Thanks for the tip!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Me too! I've been looking forward to it. I was a huge X-Files fan, until the last season.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Hey, consider yourself lucky -- my posts usually sound stupid the FIRST time...

Yes, big fan of the Duchovny period here -- and I didn't even know a movie was coming! Thanks for the tip!
yeah, right - i don't think your posts EVER sound stupid!
hey, if my other 'movie' friend isn't interested [don't know if she's a fan] you want to go together?

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am super excited about seeing this. The trailer on the movie website shows them almost kissing! I've wanted to see those two hook up since the first season. I certainly hope this movie doesn't disappoint. They belong together
Even if they don't, this still looks like a great movie.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ME TOO! I am such a fan - especially loved the "bogeyman" episodes. More fun than the conspiracy shows.

I heard about the movie a couple of months ago and roped little brother and sister into going
Will be there!