My new boy from Siberia

moonandstarkatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,
This is my new boy from siberia that arrived this week. His name is Zhen chen.
Here are some pics.
Daisy

[/IMG]

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations on your new family member.

His coat is gorgeous Daisy.

Did you fly him in from a city in Siberia?

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow he's stunning! looking forward to seeing more of this boy. His name sounds like a Chinese name though, does it mean anything?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

moonandstarkatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He flew from Krasnoyarsk in central siberia to Moscow, Moscow to amsterdam and Amsterdam to Detroit. There was a stewardess from Krasnoyarsk to Moscow and KLM took good care of him after that point and we followed all the way through.

His breeder was into oriental peace and so forth so Zhen chen it was chosen. He is an awesome boy even with an oriental sounding name -

Hard to believe he is this big at 18 weeks old (over 5 lbs)

I will share more as he grows. He is just an amazing family member, made himself at home the first night.

Daisy

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your boy is a world traveler.

I adore his busy tail.
Of course we will all want to see more pictures of this stunner.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by moonandstarkatz

He flew from Krasnoyarsk in central siberia to Moscow, Moscow to amsterdam and Amsterdam to Detroit. There was a stewardess from Krasnoyarsk to Moscow and KLM took good care of him after that point and we followed all the way through.

His breeder was into oriental peace and so forth so Zhen chen it was chosen. He is an awesome boy even with an oriental sounding name -

Hard to believe he is this big at 18 weeks old (over 5 lbs)
Oh my he is very handsome! And well-travelled!

My rescued stray/feral boy Church was 5.6 pounds at 14-15 weeks old.

moonandstarkatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks to everyone that responded -
He is our little big guy -

Daisy

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congrats on your new boy, Daisy! His coat looks lovely and it sounds like he's got quite the temperment. Something about those long international flights give kittens nerves of steel. You must be so excited

And 5 lbs at 18 weeks. .. my goodness. . . maybe you should rename him to Behemoth

moonandstarkatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LOL... He is a big boy and does have nerves of steel. He didn't even need a bath when he came off of the plane amazing enough.

He is incredible. How is your kitties doing? Its been a long week for sure. We got 2 litters of kittens in house, just neutered my boy Armand and introduced Zenny. all in all, very good. Now for the Fall to get here. In the Fall, I am awaiting my first golden from Russia to be co owned with another breeder (as this boy is). Co owning makes life so much easier. It helps with numbers and makes more shows available.
Daisy

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well done Daisy, he's wonderful! Can't wait to see your golden boy! Will he be entered for the Internationals???

Still not up to par yet with my Sibs standards but his muzzle looks a bit pointed or is it just the picture?

moonandstarkatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
His muzzle is long, not pinched. There is a key difference and its something he will grow out of. His lines are very slow devloping like a Siberian should be. -

I think he will do good. The golden girl will be arriving later this year and will be raised by her co owner (same co owner as this boy) and they will be bred when they are ready, This boy is likely a golden carrier (should be) so golden kittens are possible.

Zenny will be going to regionals. I show in TICA but I do breed to the FIFe standard for a Sib as I don't like the overly sweet look. I want to follow the Russian standard for their cat, and old Persian was what they were trying to avoid. Some lines have this look.

Right now in house we have my other stud Tayga and my 3 girls.

Also, I am finding I have a preference to the Siberia lines and I do have 2 American lined cats who aren't exactly perfect but may blend well. Has any breeders here ever given up a bloodline entirely. I am debating right now as my girls get closer to retirement what direction to go. I am also returning to college and will be taking my program to the smallest denominator with the best lines.
Daisy

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by moonandstarkatz

LOL... He is a big boy and does have nerves of steel. He didn't even need a bath when he came off of the plane amazing enough.

He is incredible. How is your kitties doing? Its been a long week for sure. We got 2 litters of kittens in house, just neutered my boy Armand and introduced Zenny. all in all, very good. Now for the Fall to get here. In the Fall, I am awaiting my first golden from Russia to be co owned with another breeder (as this boy is). Co owning makes life so much easier. It helps with numbers and makes more shows available.
Daisy
2 litters! That must be fun, be sure to share some pictures
How has Armand been handling neutered life?

Golden Siberians. . . how exciting!! How do the genetics for Goldens work? I gather that it is a recessive gene based on your reply to Abymummy, but what does the gene do to the coat color? Are there even any Golden Siberians in the states yet?

My kitties are doing well; Sabre is having her first litter of three next week. We just were at the vet for x-rays this morning. Poor Minnosh has been in an almost constant heat since the beginning of the month, and she's eagerly waiting for a boy to be flown in just for her.