Better than a Cat Fountain?

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, I think that's REALLY clever!! Obviously it's not ready for retail yet, and so I'm kind of surprised to see this video -- I wonder if they've already got a patent or not. But I hope they're successful at refining it and finding somebody to make it and sell it. I'll buy it!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i prefer my fountains. my cats aren't SUPPOSED to get on the counters, & i keep the bathroom door closed when i'm not in there - otherwise, Java 'tight-rope walks' on the towel bars & knocks all of the towels onto the floor,

wingss2fly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I want one, I will show DH. This would work in our down stairs bath....OH and BTW/ Can laureen227 tell me just how in the heck she keeps cats off of the counter? DH hates them on the counter. I can't play counter police all day I have too much to do.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wingss2fly

I want one, I will show DH. This would work in our down stairs bath....OH and BTW/ Can laureen227 tell me just how in the heck she keeps cats off of the counter? DH hates them on the counter. I can't play counter police all day I have too much to do.
i didn't say i was always successful...
when they get up there [rarely, if i'm around] i tell them 'no' & remove them.
also, there so much stuff on my counters there's not much room for a cat, anyway - much less FIVE cats!
Java & Cable sometimes get on the little counter next to the fridge - in order to jump up onto the fridge. that one's allowed, tho - i never do any food prep over there. when i do do any prep - i ALWAYS either wipe down the counter or lay down paper toweling... because i can't be CERTAIN a kitty butt wasn't there recently.
but i rarely see them up there.
just to show that it's not always true, tho - my entry into a 'kitties misbehaving' contest recently:

wingss2fly

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay, I get ya. I was just wondering
I do the same thing for food prep.
I wipe down the counter and they kinda know if I am cooking to stay down.
My real problem is, the sink, I have a large one and at times you will find all 4 cats in and around it playing. They love water.

K.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would get this! We gave up months ago trying to keep the boys off the counters. They run the house, we just kitty proofed our house a bit better to fit their life lol. I clean the counters everyday, we actually (and this is bad) have Bugsyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s bed on the kitchen counter and a cat bed on the bathroom counter *hangs head in shame. Only time they are not allowed is when I am cooking and chopping food, they respect that and are good.

Bugsy will not drink from anything but the fountain, we tried to not turn it on for him and he wouldnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t drink and end up getting sick and vomiting everywhere. So we gave in.

This would be perfect! Right now we have to sit there and watch him until heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s done so we donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t run the water all day lol.

Canâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t wait for this to come out!! Lol when I mentioned this to my boyfriend even his eyes lit up. Great invention.

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a great idea
I thought I was the only one with a cat that drinks out of the faucet. My husband is always moaning about the water being left on if we don't watch her and shut it off. She did like her bubble fountain until we got the dogs, now she smells it looks like " yuck, I ain't drinking out of something THEY had thier nose is".

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cute idea!
Laureen - you know that by keeping the counters too cluttered for kitties is just tempting them to try!