Nose Freckles Appearing?

jillie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I first got Raymond, my Chocolate Point Siamese, he was 4 months old and his nose was completely brown, like in this picture..

Over the past few months, pink freckles have been appearing (that or pigment is disappearing), and just getting bigger... like this...

Should I be worried? Has anybody ever seen this before?

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
I know orange cats, like my Ollie, for some reason tend to develop harmless black spots on their noses and gums - Ollie has 2 tiny ones (that weren't there when I first got him) on his nose that I sometimes mistake for dirt and try to wipe off
I can just see him thinking "Moooooooom those are my dots! Not dirt! Quit wiping my face!" So to me, it looks like the same thing going on with your kitty.

You can very vaguely see the 2 small dots in this pic - they are quite small hence why I think they're dirt:

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was he ever sick? Coco had a black nose and she got a very bad Uri and her nose got alot of pink splotches. I could get a Pic and show you what her nose now looks like.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Callie has gotten little patches of pink on her nose as she's gotten older. The vet said it was nothing to worry about.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jillie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Was he ever sick? Coco had a black nose and she got a very bad Uri and her nose got alot of pink splotches. I could get a Pic and show you what her nose now looks like.
I would appreciate it!

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Looks like his coloring is just changing a bit as he grows. He is so cute!!!

My Amadeus has a gray spot on his head and for the longest time I thought it was an oil stain or something because we rescued him from the wilderness. But it's still there! It's so cute, because the rest of his body is pure peachy and white.

gingeravocato

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 12-year old orange tabby who has blackish freckle-like spots on her lower lip. She doesn't seem to be in pain while eating--she goes through periods of eating voraciously and then nibbling all day and then not eating at all for a day, etc. She's on a varied diet of wet food mixed with a probiotic and dry kibble.

I've heard too that the spot-development is "normal" but I just wanted to check out there to see if anybody else had experienced the same.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brown/black spots on orange cats' noses and lips are like freckles on red headed people. My 12.5 year old orange cat has had them his whole life. Not a health problem.