What does an un-neutered male cat look like?

katkat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have looked all over the internet for the answer to this question. I have found many verbal descriptions of what to look for, but I need a visual. Does anyone have any pictures of what an un-neutered male cat looks like? I am caring for a feral right now who I know is male. The problem is, his testicles seems to be swollen and infected. I need to know what normal male cat testicles look like so I can tell if he is getting better.

Thank you so much.

kittykitties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow, that is a remarkably hard thing to find pictures for. I managed to find a picture of a male kitten but I'm not sure that will help.

Honestly, if it LOOKS wrong, it probably is. Trust your instinct.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Well, Oliver is fixed but still has his "packaging" - he's even fooled a couple of vets that were new to him and they had to cop a feel to realize that he was fixed... and believe me, he likes showin off what he's got left (which usually gets him a "yeah yeah, I see 'em but they're empty so scat")

I thought I had a pic where you could see them, but I don't... but brb, I'll try to get a shot of his bum haha

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
Ok so Oliver's not the happiest of campers now lol but I got the best shot I could of his bum (he got cookies after - so he's cool)

You can see (hopefully) the 2 separate testicles kind of on top
I hope that helped at least some... I figure since he's been able to fool professionals just by sight, that's a good idea of what an in tact kitty looks like, they just might be a little fuller than his

Edit: so that picture came out really huge on here, here's the link to it on photobucket where it's a little smaller:
http://s325.photobucket.com/albums/k...verButt001.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katkat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A great big "thank you" to everyone for all the help. It was very very helpful.

once again, thank you. Flower, my feral boy, thanks everyone too. (He's named Flower because he looks like Flower from Bambi, btw.)

KatKat

greenvillegal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That actually looks normal to me. When they neuter they make a small slit and only cut out the testicles on the inside. So you may still see the little balls on the outside. My Amadeus is a bigger cat and he's neutered but his little furry guys are quite visible. Hope he is ok!!!

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10

Well, Oliver is fixed but still has his "packaging" - he's even fooled a couple of vets that were new to him and they had to cop a feel to realize that he was fixed... and believe me, he likes showin off what he's got left (which usually gets him a "yeah yeah, I see 'em but they're empty so scat")

I thought I had a pic where you could see them, but I don't... but brb, I'll try to get a shot of his bum haha
Ya, Hortio still has his, 'packaging'... but Max does not. I think there was a thread about it a year or so ago? I think it has something to do with the age in which they were neutered.

I know Max was neutered when he was a kitten, 8 months or so old, Horatio was neutered just before I picked him up at a year and a half or more old, thus he was a fully devoloped, cat.

Kitten... pull them out... sew them closed... no extra skin of the 'packaging'
Fully grown cat... pull them out... sew them closed... extra skin of the 'packaging'