Da Bird

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I finally bought a Da Bird cat toy. Its funny how my cat freaks out about it after I put it away. Meowing non stop for me to get it back out. But anyway, I have found that apparently my two dogs like playing with it too. All three of them (cat and two dogs) were sitting in a circle on the floor taking their turns at jumping for it and snapping at it. My dachsund especially. Sometimes I think she really does want to be a cat instead of a dog
She was whining because she wasn't fast enough to get to it. I wish I had a picture of it.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauracatlover

Aww bless

I really need to get Mitzi a Da Bird. Shame we don't have them over here.
do y'all have the Cat Dancer? mine really like that one, too - & it's cheaper than Da Bird ['course, i have that as well
]

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww! Sweet!

My cats need Da Bird. Polly would especially love it. Can you get them in a pet store like Petco or Petsmart, or do you have to order them? I don't mind ordering or anything, I'm just curious.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got mine from Petsmart, not sure if Petco has them. Some Petsmarts might not have them though, because before I moved I looked for one in the other town I was living in and couldn't find one. I saw this one on the shelf and knew I had to get it because I didn't know if I wouldn't be able to find it again. Maybe they were just always out of stock at the other store I was going to.

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found Da Bird on Petco's site (Petsmart didn't have it), so I think when I get the chance I'll check in the store for one, and if there isn't one, I'll order online.

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Mitzi would probably wreck Da Bird within 5 minutes. She is totally in
with feathers, and none of her feather toys last very long

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What on earth is this Da Bird thing? Sounds like great fun. Singapore doesn't have shops like Petsmart or Petco but we do have a host of pet stores. Perhaps if one of you could post a link or a picture of Da Bird, I can see if we have something like that here

By the way, how does the Cat Dancer work? I've seen the site linked, but I'm still completely lost. That steel wire looks... lethal!

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BabyWukong

What on earth is this Da Bird thing? Sounds like great fun. Singapore doesn't have shops like Petsmart or Petco but we do have a host of pet stores. Perhaps if one of you could post a link or a picture of Da Bird, I can see if we have something like that here

It is a flexible aluminum rod with a string attached to one end. On the other end of the string is a tuft of feathers. One holds the rod and waives it gently; this makes the feathers "dance" in a way that stimulates the cat's predatory instincts.

My Zane gets up on his hind legs and bounces like a fat, fuzzy, grey kangaroo when I get the bird out.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently got one for Riley and he goes nuts for it. After I put it away he will sit outside the closet and paw at the door, trying to get in and get it!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both Tailer and Forest are nuts for both Da Bird and Cat Dancer. A word of warning, though...make sure they get put away somewhere when they're not being used or the cats will destroy them.

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zane's Pal

It is a flexible aluminum rod with a string attached to one end. On the other end of the string is a tuft of feathers. One holds the rod and waives it gently; this makes the feathers "dance" in a way that stimulates the cat's predatory instincts.

My Zane gets up on his hind legs and bounces like a fat, fuzzy, grey kangaroo when I get the bird out.
Your description of Zane is beyond cute
Thanks for the description, I'll keep a lookout for that in pet stores.

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

]What on earth is this Da Bird thing? Sounds like great fun. Singapore doesn't have shops like Petsmart or Petco but we do have a host of pet stores. Perhaps if one of you could post a link or a picture of Da Bird, I can see if we have something like that here
Here is a link that shows a picture of Da Bird. The whole thing about Da Bird is that as you "swish" it in the air back and forth, it makes sounds and movements like a real bird. Like other people have said, my cats go nuts for them. Oh and this place does ship to outside of US ...not sure about the shipping cost though. Hope this helps.
http://www.thecatconnection.com/page...FQIBxwod5XsNGw

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anybody know if they sell Da Bird in any shops in Orlando, Florida? If so what shops are more likely to sell it? That way when I go next year I can pick one up for Mitz!

worriedmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauracatlover

Does anybody know if they sell Da Bird in any shops in Orlando, Florida? If so what shops are more likely to sell it? That way when I go next year I can pick one up for Mitz!
PetSmart usually sells it and there are several PetSmarts in Orlando. Just go to their site @ www.petsmart.com and choose "Store Locator".
Hope you can get one.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kittens love the Cat Dancer and Da Bird! We bought two of Da Bird before we brought them home, and they love them. We noticed that Bamf liked mouse toys too, and found out that Da Bird has other ends that you can buy to replace the feathers and one of them was kind of mouse shaped, just a tuft of fur...

So I thought the kittens were crazy for Da Bird when it had feathers on it, that is nothing compared to how crazy they go for it now that it has that mousey on the end of it. They fight over it and go completely crazy, running around the room and leaping into the air and doing flips.

It is hilarious.

I love cat toys.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

By the way, how does the Cat Dancer work? I've seen the site linked, but I'm still completely lost. That steel wire looks... lethal!
it kinda bounces... the wire is fairly thick & a bit on the stiff side, so it wouldn't get wrapped around their necks. here're some pics of Java "dancing" - 1st w/da bird & 2nd w/the cat dancer